Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
  Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17 65  66  67  Next

amother
  Mint  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:01 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Someone told me there is lunch pickup on sundays. Does anyone have any info on time and location?
Thank you

Circa gives at Toras Zev and pine park.
The big Shabbos boxes some schools give is for Sunday also. Depends on the school and stuff given.

amother
  Orchid

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:24 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
The big Shabbos boxes some schools give is for Sunday also. Depends on the school and stuff given.

Thanks
Do you know the times?

monkey  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:25 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Hi
Do you know what both of those olives typically serve on Sunday for lunch?

amother
  Copper  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:34 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
The Shabbos box was standard and it made no sense at all! My kids school gave it out on Friday and I got my kids and my nieces who go to the same school. My family size is double my sister's family size and we both got the same one box. It was one box per family. Go figure that one out! We each got 4 challah rolls and one milk. For 4 or 8 kids?? How does that make sense! Don't they get money per child served???

My daughter’s school said each box is for four kids, so when you go you tell them how many boxes you need, and if it’s for less than four kids then feel free to give away any extras... (I get one for two kids... but my husband and I are the ones who eat most of it!)

amother
  Mint  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:34 am
Maybe
Toras Zev 9:45
Pine park 11:00
Don’t know what they give.

Yeshiva katana also gives. Maybe 12:30 but I’m reallt not sure about the time. Last week they gave deli sandwiches. Heard it was good.

amother
  Crimson  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:41 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
My daughter’s school said each box is for four kids, so when you go you tell them how many boxes you need, and if it’s for less than four kids then feel free to give away any extras... (I get one for two kids... but my husband and I are the ones who eat most of it!)

so my kids said ir was for 5... how does that make sense they gove the same amount for 1 or 5 kids? and I have a baby 1 yr old I didnt take for cuz they said it was 3 and older but im reading its confusing abt that aspect tooalso they gave it Thursday so I assume it was for friday too? not sure if I can go tom they werent clear.

amother
  Copper  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:45 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
so my kids said ir was for 5... how does that make sense they gove the same amount for 1 or 5 kids? and I have a baby 1 yr old I didnt take for cuz they said it was 3 and older but im reading its confusing abt that aspect tooalso they gave it Thursday so I assume it was for friday too? not sure if I can go tom they werent clear.

Our box was very small, clearly just for shabbos. It was enough for 4 kids for one meal basically. Would love to get a full weekend box.. which schools are giving out bigger boxes?

amother
Cerise  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:51 am
The schools get paid per person so really it shouldn’t be the same. They just opened a new program for the summer Straight through August and it also is for dinner too.

I wonder if they give someone for three kids and someone for eight kids maybe they are billing the government per box and it’s right kids a box.

Ask the school next time you go and see what they sense.

amother
  Mint  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:52 am
Bnos Devorah and tiferes Bais yaakov give but only give 1 per family because they run out in seconds. 1 box is for 4 kids.
Other schools also do - but I don’t know who else.

amother
  Violet  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:57 am
It's not a matter of drama it's a matter of being honest. If the school asks me to bring a paper that says our name and how many kids were picking up for then how do I get the same as someone with half the amount of kids. They're getting double the money since they bill according to how many kids picked up the food. Something doesn't sit right with me. But maybe I'm too straight for all the shtick they all play

amother
  Gray  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:01 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
In monsey there’s always lots leftover. I do feel it’s more honest to take one per child meaning I would probably just go to either a son or a daughters Schon for a two kid pack not both.

Agreed. Like even if its ok....

Nice to hear monsey has left over! I’m not sure about lakewood tho. One time I didn't get anything, but that was a while ago, maybe amounts changed?

amother
  Mint  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:01 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
It's not a matter of drama it's a matter of being honest. If the school asks me to bring a paper that says our name and how many kids were picking up for then how do I get the same as someone with half the amount of kids. They're getting double the money since they bill according to how many kids picked up the food. Something doesn't sit right with me. But maybe I'm too straight for all the shtick they all play

They bill based on how many Meals they give out. They aren’t tracking how many kids you say you have.

amother
  Mint  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:04 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Bnos Devorah and tiferes Bais yaakov give but only give 1 per family because they run out in seconds. 1 box is for 4 kids.
Other schools also do - but I don’t know who else.

This last Friday I believe every single Shabbos box was distributed. Some schools only gave 1 box per family so more families could get. They only bill what is given out - not how many kids you have.

amother
  Crimson  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:04 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
They bill based on how many Meals they give out. They aren’t tracking how many kids you say you have.

I agree with the above poster. they make u tell them number of children and then hand u the exact same amount no matter what u say. doesnt make sense.

amother
  Copper  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:06 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I agree with the above poster. they make u tell them number of children and then hand u the exact same amount no matter what u say. doesnt make sense.

My daughter’s school specifically said just tell us how many boxes you need, not how many children. So I don’t think they’re playing any games.

amother
  Gray  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:06 am
Deleted , unnecessary tangent for this thread Smile

amother
  Mint  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:10 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
My daughter’s school specifically said just tell us how many boxes you need, not how many children. So I don’t think they’re playing any games.

My kids school also did and ran out in 20 minutes with many cars getting nothing.

amother
  Copper  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:11 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
My kids school also did and ran out in 20 minutes with many cars getting nothing.

Oh wow, I actually went all the way at the end and they still seemed to have lots.

amother
  Cerise  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:10 am
No they bill per kid not per box. That’s how government requires them to bill. If they bill per box it would be stealing. So yes they are supposed to be counting how many kids they give out to.

amother
Pewter  

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:21 am
I have read the past 5 pages, but still hoping someone could clarify, pretty plz:
I haven't picked up any meals in the past weeks. When should I be going to tehillas chaya sarah/toras zeev? Sundays? Mondays and Fridays? Every day?
Do they run out quickly in the morning? Do I have to come at 9:30?
Page 16 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries