Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
  Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 65  66  67  Next

groisamomma

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:55 pm
The first box open to everyone is probably from the govt money. The second, school-specific box is donated by a private individual and not funded by the govt.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 6:43 am
Anyone know the time for tehillas chaya Sara today?

jewishmom6  

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 6:57 am
Where are they giving out the shabbos box and what time?

amother
  Gray  

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 6:59 am

amother
  Mint  

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 7:12 am
toras Zev gave less.

Chummus
Turkey
Assorted granola bars, rolls, muffins
Dairy muffin
Potato kugel
Banana
Milk
Grape juice

amother
  Forestgreen  

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 9:45 am
Are lunches given out every day in pine park? If so, what time?

sky  

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:08 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Are lunches given out every day in pine park? If so, what time?

Yes. I think 11

amother
  Lemon  

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

Does anyone know if you are eligible for shabbos box if you get weekly food boxes from your school? Is it extra or just for ppl that pick up lunch daily?
I'm pretty sure I'm not eligible for it,was just wondering if anyone heard otherwise.

amother
  Gray  

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:09 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Does anyone know if you are eligible for shabbos box if you get weekly food boxes from your school? Is it extra or just for ppl that pick up lunch daily?
I'm pretty sure I'm not eligible for it,was just wondering if anyone heard otherwise.

I assumed that it was only for people who pick up lunch daily.

amother
  Copper  

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

You don’t have to be eligible to get the lunches.

amother
  Gray  

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 7:46 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
You don’t have to be eligible to get the lunches.

You don’t need to financially qualify. But as it is a program, there are some eligibility requirements. For example, age. Also, assuming that it is a program for one lunch per kid, if you picked up lunches for a full week, you are not eligible to pick up a daily meal as well.
As far as the shabbos boxes, its complicated because part of the funding that goes towards it is for friday. But the full week boxes do not include weekend. So thats the grey area in eligibility that people are unsure of.

amother
  Copper  

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 7:50 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
You don’t need to financially qualify. But as it is a program, there are some eligibility requirements. For example, age. Also, assuming that it is a program for one lunch per kid, if you picked up lunches for a full week, you are not eligible to pick up a daily meal as well.
As far as the shabbos boxes, its complicated because part of the funding that goes towards it is for friday. But the full week boxes do not include weekend. So thats the grey area in eligibility that people are unsure of.

Ah so you’re saying if someone picks up a box for the week then there’s an overlap w the shabbos box? I guess it’s not an issue for me because my daughter’s school gives out a box for the week on Monday and then a shabbos box on Friday, so I just get both. The only thing I wonder about is that I pick up a weekly box from my son’s school (for one child - my son) and then a weekly box from my daughter’s school (for one child - my daughter). But I think they give the same box for one kid or two, so am I not allowed to get one from each school? Even though I tell them at each school that it’s for one child...

amother
Crimson  

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 7:50 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

if I picked up a shabbos pkg Thursday night can I get lunch pickup on sunday?

amother
  Gray  

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 8:00 pm
I feel like so much of the nitty gritties are ambiguities.
Like some boxes may or may not overlap but are not stating which days they cover.
I was told bgan box was officially mon-fri.

People who’s schools give out are lucky because then you know as long as you go with program your good to go. My kids schools don't. So I’ve been trying to figure this out.

Anyone else know anything they can add?

amother
  Gray  

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Ah so you’re saying if someone picks up a box for the week then there’s an overlap w the shabbos box? I guess it’s not an issue for me because my daughter’s school gives out a box for the week on Monday and then a shabbos box on Friday, so I just get both. The only thing I wonder about is that I pick up a weekly box from my son’s school (for one child - my son) and then a weekly box from my daughter’s school (for one child - my daughter). But I think they give the same box for one kid or two, so am I not allowed to get one from each school? Even though I tell them at each school that it’s for one child...

My neighbor has same thing. Gets for her kids from each kid from their school but apparently there aren’t individual boxes. She said they feel that as long as she is stating she picking up for one if they give more thats not her responsibility.

Makes sense to me on one hand. But on the other hand, does anyone know how the amount of boxes is determined? Like my hesitation would be if this was causing someone else not to get. How do we fond this out?

amother
  Crimson  

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 8:14 pm
right, I heard the shabbos box is for 1 to 5 kids. how does that make sense? so if have 5 kids in 2 schools, went to both for the appropriate kids, you would end up with twice as much...

amother
  Violet  

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 8:30 pm
The Shabbos box was standard and it made no sense at all! My kids school gave it out on Friday and I got my kids and my nieces who go to the same school. My family size is double my sister's family size and we both got the same one box. It was one box per family. Go figure that one out! We each got 4 challah rolls and one milk. For 4 or 8 kids?? How does that make sense! Don't they get money per child served???

amother
Orchid  

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 8:30 pm
Someone told me there is lunch pickup on sundays. Does anyone have any info on time and location?
Thank you

amother
Maroon  

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 8:33 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
My neighbor has same thing. Gets for her kids from each kid from their school but apparently there aren’t individual boxes. She said they feel that as long as she is stating she picking up for one if they give more thats not her responsibility.

Makes sense to me on one hand. But on the other hand, does anyone know how the amount of boxes is determined? Like my hesitation would be if this was causing someone else not to get. How do we fond this out?

In monsey there’s always lots leftover. I do feel it’s more honest to take one per child meaning I would probably just go to either a son or a daughters Schon for a two kid pack not both.

amother
  Maroon

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
The Shabbos box was standard and it made no sense at all! My kids school gave it out on Friday and I got my kids and my nieces who go to the same school. My family size is double my sister's family size and we both got the same one box. It was one box per family. Go figure that one out! We each got 4 challah rolls and one milk. For 4 or 8 kids?? How does that make sense! Don't they get money per child served???

Why the drama?! It’s an extra add on and they are trying to make it as simple for themselves as possible.
Page 15 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries