Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 65  66  67  Next

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:32 pm
No its for anyone not only tashbar students

amother
  Mint  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:50 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
No its for anyone not only tashbar students

It starts 8:45? The earlier the better for me.

amother
  Mint  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:10 pm
Also some schools serve a full breakfast and lunch. Those programs are giving more food. Like string cheese or corn chips or muffin or carrots and a juice besides the milk and lunch.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:06 am
Do you know how Lucky you are to be getting daily lunches for your kids???????
I live in Toronto Canada. We get NOTHING. (With regard to food now that the schools are closed).

I am shocked reading through this thread. And the complaining and dissecting of where to get the best lunch, food, come early for best selection, danishes etc.

Wow. Banging head

mommy15

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 9:23 am
Bh very helpful dies anyone,know till what time does tashbar have meals?

Chayalle  

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 9:32 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I live in Toronto Canada. We get NOTHING. (With regard to food now that the schools are closed).

I am shocked reading through this thread. And the complaining and dissecting of where to get the best lunch, food, come early for best selection, danishes etc.

Wow. Banging head

I'm sorry you aren't getting meals in Toronto.

I think it makes perfect sense for people to aim at getting food their kids will eat, leaving more food from other places available for those who like those other foods.

I'm not sure, to be honest, why people from other communities have the need to read a thread that clearly doesn't pertain to them, just so they can criticize. While hiding behind amother, no less.

amother
  Gray  

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 9:34 am
mommy15 wrote:
Bh very helpful dies anyone,know till what time does tashbar have meals?

Bump!

amother
  Mint  

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

Wow. Banging head

If we are going out doesn’t it make sense to get food our kids will eat rather then throw out.

amother
  Gray  

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 10:08 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
If we are going out doesn’t it make sense to get food our kids will eat rather then throw out.

True. I think the point is that if it makes a difference, find out first. No reason why not.

The no-no is to take and then see if you can get a second helping elsewhere implying that you may be disposing of first batch. Because then there may not be enough for people who really need to the point of not even caring what it is.

amother
Lilac  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 12:36 am
What time is the Toras Zev pickup and what about gelbsteins? Thanks

amother
  Black  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 3:10 am
Tashbar starts around 8:45 and goes until they run out depending how many people show up each day they have Gelbsteins
Cheder toras zei starts at 9:30 until they run out they get from circa

amother
  Lilac  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 7:34 am
Thank you! And is it breakfast and lunch or just lunch?

zaftigmom  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 7:48 am
Does anyone know if bnos devora is doing lunches?

amother
Bronze  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

I think what people object to is (a very few) posts that seem to disparage the food. It does come across as unseemly, especially since this is a huge arrangement, a chessed if you will (yes, even if it is government funded) and it is not so "nice" to belittle it. I think that is a valid pov.

amother
  Mint  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 8:57 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I think what people object to is (a very few) posts that seem to disparage the food. It does come across as unseemly, especially since this is a huge arrangement, a chessed if you will (yes, even if it is government funded) and it is not so "nice" to belittle it. I think that is a valid pov.

I once sat in line for hour. Took time off work. Baby crying. Got 1/2 empty tiny containers of pasta and an apple. I’m sorry I’m complaining but I don’t want others to have that experience.

Thanks to the advise of the wonderful women on here that hasn’t happened to me again.

I’m very greatful for the food. I don’t think vendors should take advantage.

amother
Cerulean  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 9:00 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I once sat in line for hour. Took time off work. Baby crying. Got 1/2 empty tiny containers of pasta and an apple. I’m sorry I’m complaining but I don’t want others to have that experience.

I’ve never had that experience and I went to many of the pickup locations.

amother
  Mint  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 9:02 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

Me too. This was the first week. It must’ve been that vendors first day and they majorly messed up. I wrote about it early in the thread. One other women wrote similar.

Yesterday we waited an hour for food. They ran out. So we didn’t get. (The police even showed up mad about the traffic).

amother
  Bronze

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 9:08 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Thanks to the advise of the wonderful women on here that hasn’t happened to me again.

I’m very greatful for the food. I don’t think vendors should take advantage.

Those aren't the posts I'm referring to, the running out of not having full amounts. Any "taking advantage" is of the government since that is the one paying, btw.

I won't give examples but some honestly sounded ungrateful. I don't know what people were expecting, but these meals are intended for children who would otherwise go hungry. Not gourmet meals. So yes, sandwiches, fruit, and milk sounds pretty standard to me, even if not exciting. (And the kids in the school where I work who get it for free/reduced because they would otherwise go hungry, eat it happily. And their parents would never think of disparaging the food.)

amother
Coral  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

You may both be right. The lunches are for 3-18. The portions are adequate for preschoolers but not for hungry teens. But that's ok because I supplement it with other food I have on hand.

amother
Honeydew  

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 9:36 am
Page 10 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries