Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 65  66  67  Next

amother
  Indigo  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:47 pm
make sure to go early and you shouldn't have a problem
my dh always goes early

amother
  Indigo  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:48 pm
if you need I have extra my kids didn't want today's lunch

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:05 pm
Tashbar had gelbsteins at 8:45 this morning no lines u was the only one there

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:06 pm
Cheder toras zev on cross street is usually also empty go at 9:30 when they open no lines and plenty of food

amother
  Mint  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:27 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Tashbar had gelbsteins at 8:45 this morning no lines u was the only one there

Thanks. We got from Torah Zev (circa) today but so far my kids like gelbsteins best so I’d travel for that.
The circa food didn’t look great but my kids ended up loving the main.

amother
  Mint  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:28 pm
Tby is also starting tomorrow. They typically have later in the day pickup.

amother
  Forestgreen  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:36 pm
I don’t mean to sound ungrateful... but we picked up the box of lunch for the week from the Cheder and it’s not the same as the gelbsteins lunches we were getting before pesach. There is lunch we can use for 2 days.. a few bottles of milk, fruit and pretzels... officially they gave lunch for 5 days but my kids don’t eat potato blintzes and maybe the pizza snaps were supposed to be for more than one day but they aren’t so filling and we ate them all in one day. There are pizza bagels for another day but nothing else we can use.
Gelbsteins was sending danishes... my kids loved those and were very full after.
Sorry... I just have a big headache today and I guess I was wondering if other lunches had more to it.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:39 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I don’t mean to sound ungrateful... but we picked up the box of lunch for the week from the Cheder and it’s not the same as the gelbsteins lunches we were getting before pesach. There is lunch we can use for 2 days.. a few bottles of milk, fruit and pretzels... officially they gave lunch for 5 days but my kids don’t eat potato blintzes and maybe the pizza snaps were supposed to be for more than one day but they aren’t so filling and we ate them all in one day. There are pizza bagels for another day but nothing else we can use.
Gelbsteins was sending danishes... my kids loved those and were very full after.
Sorry... I just have a big headache today and I guess I was wondering if other lunches had more to it.

So buy your kids lunch 🙄
U want them to give danishes for lunch?

amother
  Forestgreen  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:40 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
So buy your kids lunch 🙄
U want them to give danishes for lunch?

Yeah, yeah... you’re right

keym  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Yeah, yeah... you’re right

There were 5 lunches.
Pizza bagels
Mini pizzas
Blintzes
Pizza snaps
Knishes

Plus a bag of fruit, milk, juice, mini juices, yogurts, and a bag of snack.

Look. My kids don't like all of it either.
And when we got Gelbsteins lunches, my kids didn't always like all of it also.

If you got a weeks worth of Cheder lunches, is it allowed for you to pick up lunch elsewhere? I don't know. I'd ask someone.

amother
  Mint  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:16 pm
Circa was a pizza roll, chickpeas or peppers and 2 apples.

amother
  Rose  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:21 pm
keym wrote:
There were 5 lunches.
Pizza bagels
Mini pizzas
Blintzes
Pizza snaps
Knishes

Plus a bag of fruit, milk, juice, mini juices, yogurts, and a bag of snack.

Look. My kids don't like all of it either.
And when we got Gelbsteins lunches, my kids didn't always like all of it also.

If you got a weeks worth of Cheder lunches, is it allowed for you to pick up lunch elsewhere? I don't know. I'd ask someone.

It would be *allowed* since no one is checking anyone so theoretically someone could cruise from pickup site to pickup site and get as much food as they could.

However - at least in my opinion - someone who gets more than lunches for their family is a chazer. Someone is paying for that food and there is only so much food and money available for all the needs people have in this time of crisis.

I am sorry if your children are picky. When people are hungry, they aren't so picky. And many children and family are actually HUNGRY and not just looking for a free danish.

ETA - This wasn't directed at Keym but at the poster who was complaining because the portions were skimpy and her children didn't like everything.

keym  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:27 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
It would be *allowed* since no one is checking anyone so theoretically someone could cruise from pickup site to pickup site and get as much food as they could.

However - at least in my opinion - someone who gets more than lunches for their family is a chazer. Someone is paying for that food and there is only so much food and money available for all the needs people have in this time of crisis.

I am sorry if your children are picky. When people are hungry, they aren't so hungry. And many children and family are actually HUNGRY and not just looking for a free danish.

ETA - This wasn't directed at Keym but at the poster who was complaining because the portions were skimpy and her children didn't like everything.

I agree.
Not offended.
I guess if it's a real problem, you can call the schools or go down to the pick-up location towards the end to see if there's anything left over.

amother
  Rose  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:31 pm
keym wrote:
I agree.
Not offended.
I guess if it's a real problem, you can call the schools or go down to the pick-up location towards the end to see if there's anything left over.

I just wanted to clarify since I understood that you were essentially saying what I was saying - if children are picky, it doesn't give someone an excuse to take more than their share.

Maybe I am projecting but I would think children in families who literally are relying on the free food not to be hungry aren't so picky and families with very picky children can afford to feed their children a sandwich - how expensive is peanut butter? tuna fish? Or bake your own muffin or other treats since everyone is home anyway and bored

In the time it takes to get dressed - wait on line - and come back - you could bake several banana breads or corn muffins for almost no money.

I make Baked Oatmeal and my kids think it is a dessert rather than just plain old cheap oatmeal :-). I make it in quantities and then freeze individual portions which nuke up very easily.

nanny24/7

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:09 pm
Just posting this on this thread as well in case there is someone in need.

Sorry I meant to post in the Brooklyn thread about lunches so will repost there.

amother
  Scarlet  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 4:39 pm
Who is paying for all this food?? Government? How do they know how much was given? How do they know how many???
If all gvmnt funded then why don't all schools give generously??

mommy15  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 4:49 pm
Tashbar has been haveing meals this whole time or just started this week?

amother
  Mint  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 5:33 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Who is paying for all this food?? Government? How do they know how much was given? How do they know how many???
If all gvmnt funded then why don't all schools give generously??

Many schools on Lakewood are approved to serve daily breakfast and lunch to the entire school regardless of income. They are authorized to distribute those meals (my girls go to such a school and get free meals - my boys school is not approved)
It probably depends on how much provider bills for food. Schools are paid as a distributor also and can pay staff involved. Some who have own busses and drivers are utilizing them to deliver.

Btw - there are schools that are approved to provide meals in the summer as well. Some go to camps. But some schools without camps are authorized to serve free meals during the summer as well.

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 6:17 pm
Yes tashbar had before yom tov also they have the gelbstein boxes on the floor out side and you take what you like it's not bagged already and you go out of your car to get it unlike by toras zev where it's brought to your car

amother
  Gray  

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Yes tashbar had before yom tov also they have the gelbstein boxes on the floor out side and you take what you like it's not bagged already and you go out of your car to get it unlike by toras zev where it's brought to your car

Is it only for tashbar students and families ?
Page 9 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries