Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Full supper recipes in the crock pot
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

ozeret

Post Fri, Apr 16 2010, 1:53 pm
thank you!!
I know they generally don't come out as moist but I work long hours and someone in the house is on a diet

reed

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 9:34 pm
Does the puffed rice method work with brown rice? (Perhaps longer cooking time?)

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 9:52 pm
reed wrote:
Does the puffed rice method work with brown rice? (Perhaps longer cooking time?)
I haven't tried it, but I am sure it would work if you left it for 1-1/2 hours.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 10:19 pm
CROCKPOT COLA CHICKEN

3 to 5lb whole chicken
1 cup ketchup
1 can coke
salt and pepper

place chicken in crockpot add cup of ketchup and can of coke add salt and pepper and cook on low for 6 to 8hrs then serve with mashed potatoes (if you put some of the juice over the mashed potatoes it tastes soooo goood!)

2 chicken breasts
1 can chicken stock
1/2 large onion
1/2 cup Italian dressing
garlic to taste
1/2 red & green pepper (or any veggie like carrots)
prepared couscous or rice or noodles

Open can of stock & put aside 1 cup of broth for couscous. Place remaining broth in crock pot. Add chicken first then onions. Mix dressing and garlic ( I use the powdered kind, 1 tbsp but you can use less if desired.) add to crock pot & cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6 hours.
Prepare couscous as directed with 1 cup of broth. If using bell peppers saute in Olive oil for 3-4 min & serve with chicken.

[b]BBQ soda chicken

4 chicken breasts (I use bottoms)
1 cup sprite or lemon lime soda
1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce any type you like or enough BBQ sauce to cover the chicken
I added garlic and onion powder

Throw all together in the crock on low 3 hours.
great to serve whole or shred and make sandwiches.

Chicken w/Summer Vegetables

2 Tbsp. olive oil
6 cups assorted summer squash (about 3 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. white wine
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagonal
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs

1. Add all ingredients except chicken to the slow cooker; stir well to combine.

2. Add chicken thighs and stir all ingredients together. cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.

3. Before serving, stir well.

Greek Chicken

4-6 potatoes, quartered
2-3 lbs chicken pieces (I use bone in breasts)
2 large onions, quartered
1 whole bulb garlic, minced
3t dried oregano
1t salt
1/2t pepper
1T olive oil

Place potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Add chicken, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle with seasonings. Top with oil. Cover. Cook on high 5-6 hrs or low 9-10 hrs

20 clove garlic chicken

3-4 pounds chicken
1 large onion (or 2 bitties, like I used), sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon pepper
20-40 garlic cloves, peeled, but intact

The Directions.

I used a 6 quart oval slow cooker. Place onion slices on the bottom of the stoneware insert. In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken parts with olive oil, salt, paprika, pepper, and all of the garlic cloves. Pour into slow cooker, on top of the onion.

Do not add water.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6. The longer you cook chicken-on-the-bone, the more tender it will be. If you use drumsticks, the ones on the side will brown and may stick to the sides of the crock, burning a bit. If this bothers you, you can rearrange them with tongs an hour before serving.
I cooked our chicken on low for 7 hours, then kept it on warm for another 2.

BBQ chicken

Ingredients:
6 to 8 frozen chicken legs*
1 bottle thick barbecue sauce

Put frozen chicken legs in slow cooker. Pour BBQ sauce over them. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 to 8 hours.
*Note: If starting with thawed chicken legs, you may remove skin or brown first to reduce fat, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.

healthy whole chicken recipe

1 whole roaster
1/2 cup chicken broth (low sodium & fat free, if desired)
1/2 cup onion, sliced
1 1/2 celery stalks, sliced (or substitute 1/4 tsp celery salt)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/8 tsp salt

Place roaster in crock pot. Pour broth in bottom. Sprinkle remaining ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low about 7 hours or high about 4 hours. Check with a thermometer for doneness.

boro park

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 11:52 am
ra_mom wrote:
does the full meal have to be ready when you walk in, or can a recipe have an extra step at the end for the side dish (still in the crockpot) which would take an hour?

The basic idea is NOT to add water to the crock. Unless you have rice, in which case you should put in equal amounts of water and rice. NO more.

You can really use any recipe.

let me know if you'd like any of these recipes
chicken:
*honey barbeque chicken and sweet potatoes
*garlic chicken (so soft and delicious, does not taste like from a crockpot) and rice (with extra step)
*balsamic chicken and rice (with extra step)
*chicken and rice (mummiedearest's recipe)
*curried chicken and potatoes

meat: all of these recipes come out amazingly soft (and you can substitute ground poultry for the ground beef as well (dark ground turkey is awesome)
*barbeque meatball sandwiches
*saucy meatballs (spaghetti needs to be made the night before on stove top)
*shredded beef buns
*meat stew

I really dont understand this how can it be to cook in crock pot and not put in water? I still dont get the way to make it help I need good instructions!!!!

Shiny

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 12:13 pm
Just wondering.......does the crockpot being on a whole day cause your electric bill to go up?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 12:25 pm
boro park wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
does the full meal have to be ready when you walk in, or can a recipe have an extra step at the end for the side dish (still in the crockpot) which would take an hour?

The basic idea is NOT to add water to the crock. Unless you have rice, in which case you should put in equal amounts of water and rice. NO more.

You can really use any recipe.

let me know if you'd like any of these recipes
chicken:
*honey barbeque chicken and sweet potatoes
*garlic chicken (so soft and delicious, does not taste like from a crockpot) and rice (with extra step)
*balsamic chicken and rice (with extra step)
*chicken and rice (mummiedearest's recipe)
*curried chicken and potatoes

meat: all of these recipes come out amazingly soft (and you can substitute ground poultry for the ground beef as well (dark ground turkey is awesome)
*barbeque meatball sandwiches
*saucy meatballs (spaghetti needs to be made the night before on stove top)
*shredded beef buns
*meat stew

I really dont understand this how can it be to cook in crock pot and not put in water? I still dont get the way to make it help I need good instructions!!!!

The crockpot is covered while cooking, and the heat distributes evenly, like in an oven. You don't need to add water to a chicken dish in the oven. And you don't need to add water to most dishes in the crockpot.
On the first page of this thread, you will see detailed recipes by mummiedearest and myself. Recipes with really exact instructions. Read those. Try one, and you will see, and taste, how it works Smile

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 12:27 pm
a shana reshonanick wrote:
Just wondering.......does the crockpot being on a whole day cause your electric bill to go up?
As long as you turn it off and unplug it after dinner, it shouldn't make your electric bill go up that much. (Unlike a perculator that is kept on 24 hours - 7 days a week - electric bill goes up very high.)

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 12:28 pm
This came out lovely over shabbat

Olive Chicken
1 broiler chicken, cut in 1/8 pieces and skin and visible fat removed
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped roughly
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 jar green olives, drained from brine
a handful of peeled, whole garlic cloves
1 cup water

First, sautee chicken pieces (either in a crock pot or in a skillet) for several minutes per piece till it turns golden (or surface being cooked). Drain excess fat. Place vegetables at the bottom of the crock pot, scatter half of olives then place chicken, and put the remaining olives on top. DO NOT SALT as olives yield enough saltiness. Pour 1 cup water (or mix of water/dry white wine). Cook on High setting for 2hrs before shabbat, then cook SLOW overnight. Perfect for shabbat lunch. You can add chunks of sweet potatos, cut strips of red peppers and/or tinned chickpeas on the bottom.

boro park

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 1:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Here's the copy and paste. Let me know if you'd like the rest of the recipes.

Honey Barbecued Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
3 cups peeled and sliced sweet potatoes, about 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
1 cup (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
¼ cup finely chopped onion
½ tsp ground ginger
2/3 cup thick barbecue sauce
4 Tbsp honey
1 tsp dry mustard
4 to 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed

In 3½ to 5 quart slow cooker, combine sweet potatoes, pineapple with juice, chopped onion, and ground ginger. Stir to blend well.
In a measuring cup, combine barbecue sauce, honey, and dry mustard. Stir with a fork to blend well.
Coat chicken generously on all sides with barbecue sauce mixture. Arrange coated chicken in single layer over sweet potato and pineapple mixture, overlapping if necessary. Spoon any remaining barbecue sauce mixture over chicken.
Cover; cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours (or on HIGH for 4 to 4½) or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, and sweet potatoes are tender.

(If you want the chicken to be extra juicy, leave on skin but pull it back and spread some sauce underneath. Then put back slin atop chicken and coat each chicken piece with sauce.)

Crockpot Balsamic Chicken
Chicken
4 chicken legs, skinned
1 very large Spanish onion, chopped (I like to add more - they come out like sauteed onions)

Dressing (this is approximate amounts, just make a dressing and taste - season generously with salt)
4 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil, optional
1 Tbsp garlic powder or 4 cloves garlic, crushed
salt to taste

Rice
1 cup white rice
2½ cups boiling water
2 tsp Kosher salt OR 1 tsp table salt

Place chopped onion on bottom of crockpot; place chicken on top in a single layer, overlapping if necessary.
Combine balsamic vinegar, optional olive oil, garlic powder and salt in a plastic cup. Pour evenly over chicken.
Cook on low for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.

(If you want the chicken to be extra juicy, leave on skin but pull it back and season the chicken under the skin. Then pull back skin atop chicken, arrange in crock, and pour dressing over all pieces.)

When you come home:
One full hour before chicken is ready, pour rice, boiling water from tea kettle, and salt into a crockpot liner/bag. Tie the bag with a knot. Place bag on top of chicken in crockpot. Cover crockpot and continue to cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
To serve, pour sauce and onions from bottom of crockpot over rice, and serve with chicken.

(This puffed white rice method works great with any crock pot recipe. It comes out perfectly puffed, no mushiness at all.)

Shredded Beef Buns these are really good

1 lb. flanken
1 small onion, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 medium tomato, chopped
½ cup original bar-b-q sauce (use a thick sauce, not a liquidy version)
2 tsp Italian seasoning spice
2 sandwich buns, split (French or Italian baguettes work great.)

Place steak in slow cooker; top with onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Combine bar-b-q sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid.
Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 5 hours.

Remove steak from slow cooker; shred with fork or cut across the grain into thin strips.
Return steak to slow cooker; stir gently to evenly coat with sauce.
Place 1 bun half on each of 4 serving plates; top evenly with the steak mixture.

You can use any variety of meat cuts. Less expensive meat cuts benefit most form this cooking method.

Garlic Chicken
4-6 chicken bottoms with skin
1 large or 2 small onions, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
4 garlic cloves, halved

Place onion slices on the bottom of crockpot.
In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken parts with olive oil, salt, paprika, pepper, and garlic. Pour into crockpot, on top of the onion.
Do not add water.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
(Original recipe calls for 20 whole garlic cloves, still intact. Also so delicious.)

USE THE RICE IN THE CROCKPOT BAG METHOD FOR THIS RECIPE.
(The reason rice is not added under the chicken in these two recipes is because the onions on bottom become butter soft and very tastey. The rice would interfere with that, and the taste would come out too strong. Buy making plain puffed rice, you get to top it with the delicious onions and sauce.)

Chicken Curry
4 chicken bottoms, legs and thighs separated
2 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
10 baby carrots, sliced, or 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 large onion, halved and sliced
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp curry powder
2 tsp ground cumin
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh minced ginger
2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup water

Place 1/2 cup water on bottom of crockpot.
In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken, potatoes, baby carrots and onions, with olive oil, curry powder, cumin, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Pour everything besides chicken into crockpot. Place chicken on top.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.

Saucy Meatballs
At the beginning of the week, or the night before, cook 1 package spaghetti as directed on package; drain. Drizzle with a drop of oil. Place in sealed container or Ziplock bag and keep in fridge until ready to serve with meatballs.

3/4 cup bread crumbs seasoned generously to taste
1½ lbs. lean ground meat
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup water
2 cups sliced mushroom
2 medium green peppers, sliced (about 2 cups)
4 cups (if jarred, use 26 oz. jar plus 1 additional cup of sauce) spaghetti sauce

Combine bread crumbs, spices to taste, meat, egg and water. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place in slow cooker, top with mushrooms, peppers, and spaghetti sauce. Cover with lid.
Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve over spaghetti.

do you have a recipe I can use with potatoes? how can I do it?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 1:44 pm
boro park wrote:
do you have a recipe I can use with potatoes? how can I do it?

Here are some recipes with potatoes.

mummiedearest wrote:
BBQ CHICKEN

1.5 cups ketchup

4 tbsps each: mustard, soy sauce, bbq sauce.

diced, sauteed onion- optional

sliced garlic-optional

1 quartered chicken

Mix all ingredients other than chicken. Spread chicken over bottom of pot. Pour mixture over chicken. If chicken is frozen, add a little bit of water.

6-8 hours low.

You can add some potatoes if you want. Slice them into chunks and put under the chicken.

This sauce is very good on baked chicken as well, but you'll only need half the sauce for 1 quartered chicken in the oven.

ra_mom wrote:
Teriyaki Roasted Chicken
• 1 (3-4 lb.) chicken OR 4 chicken bottoms, skin intact
• 1 cup thick teriyaki marinade

Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag; add the marinade and place in refrigerator for 24 hours (flip bag over once or twice during this time, to let all of the chicken meat come in contact with the marinade.)
After marinating, remove chicken from the bag and let excess marinade drip off (there will be a lot of excess to discard.) Place chicken in the slow cooker crock, breast-side down. If using chicken bottoms, arrange chicken in single layer, overlapping if necessary.
Cover crock and cook on LOW for 6 hours; check for doneness using an instant-read thermometer. When done, let the chicken rest in the crock, uncovered, for 5 minutes before serving.
(I tossed halved baby red potatoes with spices and placed them on the bottom of crockpot before arranging the chicken pieces on top.)

Herb Roasted Chicken
• 6 cups water
• 1/2 cup kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp rosemary
• 1 tsp thyme
• 1 tsp oregano
• 1 (3-4 lb.) chicken, rinsed, with giblets and neck removed OR 4 chicken bottoms, skin intact
• cooking spray
• 2 Tbsp olive oil

In a pitcher, stir together the water, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and oregano; whisk to combine. Set aside.
Place the chicken into a large Ziploc bag; pour reserved liquid mixture into the bag and seal. Place the bag in a large bowl and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
When ready to cook, coat the slow cooker crock with cooking spray. Drain and discard the marinating liquid, and place bird into the slow cooker. Rub the bird with olive oil, then sprinkle with some more herbs and spices (I only used parley flakes.) Turn the bird breast side down in the crock. If using chicken bottoms, arrange chicken in single layer, overlapping if necessary.
Cover crock and cook on LOW for 6 hours. When done, let the chicken rest in the covered slow cooker for 10 minutes before serving.
(I placed 1 cup of rice and 2-1/4 cups of water on the bottom of the crockpot, before arranging the chicken pieces on top.)
You can also toss potatoes with spices and place on bottom of chicken.

elmos wrote:
I make roast chicken in the crockpot that no one believes is crockpot chicken
I put slices of potato, sweet potato, carrot, onion and cloves of garlic pour 1/2cup to one cup water with theese veg only 1/2 cup if use some others may need the cup I spice them with paprika garlic pepper than I lay chicken legs over it and season with same spices can use others if you preffer and let it go on low for 6-8 hours minimum have let it go longer and it comes out great.

reed wrote:
tamid wrote:
beachgirl wrote:
Here's an easy, TOTALLY AMAZING recipe for roast chicken in crockpot- it comes out like a fresh rotisserie chicken:
One whole chicken(cleaned) or 2 smaller ones or cornish hens, if your crockpot is large

Make 5 balls out of foil and place on bottom of crockpot. Place chicken(s) on top. The trick is that the chicken shouldnt touch the bottom, and the fat drains off, so instead of the chicken stewing, it is roasting. Spray chicken with olive oil spray. Spice as desired (salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder are really all it needs because the chicken comes out so moist). And here's the important part: cook on HIGH ONLY, AT LEAST 6 hours, Ive done it even 9 hrs, and it was fine. The chicken literally comes out like a fresh rotisserie chicken that has been grilled to perfection.
(I've also heard that instead of foil balls, u can peel potatoes and cover with foil, and prop the chicken on those. Haven't tried it, spounds like a good idea
Don't put any sauces/liquids. Then it would come out like a stew and that would defeat the purpose.
This recipe received rave reviews from my kids Very Happy

thanks for this it sounds delicious.
has anyone out there ever tried it with vegetables underneath? and do the veggies ahve to be in foil,. or can they just be peeled and sitting there for the chicken to sit ontop?

Instead of foil balls I put chunks of onions & potatoes. Those sit in the juices & soak them up, turning out buttery soft, without the chicken sitting in as much of the sauce.

sunshine! wrote:
One Pot Chicken Dinner
2 chicken breasts, split and skinned
4 med. potatoes
2 lg. carrots
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen green beans
1 lg. onion
1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
1/2 c. cooking wine
1 c. water

Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot. Peel potatoes, quarter, and place on top of chicken. Peel and quarter the onion. Peel carrots, quarter lengthwise, and cut into 2-inch lengths. Separate frozen beans, and place in the pot with onions and carrots. Sprinkle contents of pot with parsley flakes. Pour wine over all. Add water, using a little more than 1 cup, if necessary to cover. Cook on low 6-7 hours.

IYamWhoIYam wrote:
Greek Chicken

4-6 potatoes, quartered
2-3 lbs chicken pieces (I use bone in breasts)
2 large onions, quartered
1 whole bulb garlic, minced
3 t dried oregano
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 T olive oil

Place potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Add chicken, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle with seasonings. Top with oil. Cover. Cook on high 5-6 hrs or low 9-10 hrs.

IloveHashem613

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 1:58 pm
I'm bumping this thread because I'm wondering if any of you have the RIVAL crockpot and have made chicken recipes in it? I'm asking becuase I find that it cooks much higher then my other Proctor Silex crockpot. The thing is, my Proctor Silex is too small and I can't fit chicken legs into it so I have to use my RIVAL for chicken but I'm nervous its gonna burn if it cooks in there for so many hours w/o a lot of water. I tried cooking chicken in it once but it burnt, its possible that I didn't use the right amounts of sauce or whatever, but has anyone had this problem with the RIVAL?

est

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 1:48 am
I have a RIVAL earthenware and it definetly gets very very hot and my cholent always used to be burnt and stuck on at the bottom till I heard about the crock pot bags which are amazing. I haven't used it for chicken but wouldn't risk it without the bag (Unless u are at home to turn it down from high to keep warm after several hours and can keep an eye on it, and also there is plenty sauce)

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 11:17 am
IloveHashem613 wrote:
I'm bumping this thread because I'm wondering if any of you have the RIVAL crockpot and have made chicken recipes in it? I'm asking becuase I find that it cooks much higher then my other Proctor Silex crockpot. The thing is, my Proctor Silex is too small and I can't fit chicken legs into it so I have to use my RIVAL for chicken but I'm nervous its gonna burn if it cooks in there for so many hours w/o a lot of water. I tried cooking chicken in it once but it burnt, its possible that I didn't use the right amounts of sauce or whatever, but has anyone had this problem with the RIVAL?
I know someone who had this problem with her Magic Mill crockpot. She called the store she bought it at a while ago, they said it was still under warrenty, and then they adjusted the thermostat. Now it doesn't burn the food anymore.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 2:43 pm
Anyone know if you need to do things differently for these recipes (e.g. amount of liquid, time, setting) if you have the kind of slow cooker that sits on top of a base rather than the kind that goes inside?

I.e. I have something like this: http://www.amazon.com/West-Ben.....age_0
and not something like this: http://www.amazon.com/West-Ben.....r=8-6

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 3:03 pm
seeker wrote:
Anyone know if you need to do things differently for these recipes (e.g. amount of liquid, time, setting) if you have the kind of slow cooker that sits on top of a base rather than the kind that goes inside?

I.e. I have something like this: http://www.amazon.com/West-Ben.....age_0
and not something like this: http://www.amazon.com/West-Ben.....r=8-6
I believe it's the same.
My friend uses this type of slow cooker for my recipes.
[It really depends on the piece, not the style. Some cookers cook faster and at higher heat and need a bit more liquid. But that usually only applies for things cooking over a 24 hour period (Shabbos.) For 8 hour dinner recipes, there usually is no difference in the amount of liquid needed.]

Happy18

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 12:25 pm
I love this thread!

MuppetLover

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 2:18 pm
I have a great non chulenty recipe, its sorta a take on Dafina, a sefardi style cholent

3 cans chickpeas
cholent meat or really any other cheap cut (chuck eye roast, etc.)
yukon gold potatoes
hard boiled eggs
Rokeach's french onion soup in a can
garlic powder
onion powder
beef soup mix
salt
pepper

layer all ingrediants in a crock pot (or, if you are like me and use a shabbos mode oven, in a 9x13 pan..although I usually make this recipe in a crock pot)
add spices and soup mixes.
eggs can be hard boiled before and peeled before put in, or put in raw
enough water to cover
Stick on low on Fri morning or med erev shabbos

It doesnt come out cholenty or messy, less heartburn, or and mess. Everything comes out seperate. ITS YUM! We have become a chulent free house bc I was tired of dealing w. DHs complaints Motzei Shabbos about the way he felt after chulent eating.

elaela

Post Mon, Jun 06 2011, 3:12 am
I cook goulash in my crock pot and serve it with white bread, potatoes or pasta and cucumber salad.

1 lbs onion diced
5 Tbsp paprika powder mild
1/2 tsp paprika powder hot
salt
pepper
vinegar
2 bayleaves
3 - 5 cloves of garlic
2 lbs beef cubed
oil

saute onioin until transparent, add paprika (now stir, otherwiose it will become bitter!), add meat and fry for a few minutes (this closes all the pores and the meat stays nice and juicy).
add garlic, bayleaves, salt, pepper, and a hint of vinegar mix everything and add to crockpot. cook for 7 hours on low (or auto-function).
comes out delicious, all my guests LOVE it (even my hungarian friends say that it tastes very authentic).

it does not come out chulenty, rather like soft meat with sauce.

e.hail

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 10:56 am
I love hids thread!! I am gonna start with crock pots dinners! it saves me 2 hours in kitchen every day! thanks to all those who posted those wonderful recipes!!
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics