Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Whats a good DIET lunch to make?
1  2  Next

mommy#1

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 9:57 am
me and dh are on a very strict diet. does anyone have a good idea/recipe for a diet lunch? im bored of tuna & eggs already!
tia

#1mama

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 10:02 am
maybe do vegetable soup and different kind of fish.

good luck!

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 10:04 am
cheesy zucchini! I don't know how restricted you guys are, but I love making this when I get the pizza urge! Cut up big pot of zucchini, pour like two cans of tomato sauce in. cook. when soft, turn off flame, and add lowfat cheese. it will melt. stir. add spices onion pwder, garlic pwder and oregano. yum!

Sherri

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 10:26 am
There are many good ideas out there, but it may help if you can specify what type of diet you are on. Different diets restrict intake of different foods, food-groups.

mommy#1

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 10:27 am
if u know what it is, im on weight no more. u eat a certain amount of dif foods from each food group. helps? Wink

but thanks everyone for your responses! oh boy! dh is gonna be home real soon-gotta go make the lunch!!!!

wanderer

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 10:28 am
octopus wrote:
cheesy zucchini! I don't know how restricted you guys are, but I love making this when I get the pizza urge! Cut up big pot of zucchini, pour like two cans of tomato sauce in. cook. when soft, turn off flame, and add lowfat cheese. it will melt. stir. add spices onion pwder, garlic pwder and oregano. yum!

What kind of cheese do you use? Do you have approx amounts for the squash and cheese?

Sherri

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 10:40 am
Grilled chicken salad
Crustless- quiche
Different salads
Different fish

raspberry tea

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 10:59 am
octopus wrote:

sounds yum!

superduper

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 11:23 am
yogurt and bannana

ganizzy

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 12:26 pm
whole wheat pita with veges on top - onions tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers. and a sprinkling of cheese on top.

whole wheat bread. smear low fat mayo. put on lettuce, tom, cuc. enjoy a good sandwich.

salmon and steamed veges

raspberry tea

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 12:31 pm
Put a piece of white fish like talpia, pour lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper put in micro for 5+ min. Serve with a microwaved baked potato! Tastes great, it's filling and great for dieters! Smile

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 12:37 pm
colorful! wrote:
octopus wrote:

What kind of cheese do you use? Do you have approx amounts for the squash and cheese?

I use low fat mozerella I think it's 80 calories a slice. I make like 3-4 medium-large zucchinis. slice them (circle wise). Throw in like two small cans of hunts tomato sauce (I can't stand other brands- they add sugar). and add like 2 slices of cheese. If I'm in a cheesier mood I might throw in another one- but again, I'm the only one who is eating this- so no one to split the calories with. Spicing it is very important. I like mine spicy- but if you add too much you kill it. I snack on the pot a whole day. on weight watchers it is like 6 pts for the whole pot.( a little more if you add more than 2 slices of cheese.)

QUEENY

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 1:12 pm
veggie burgers on a salad or whole wheat thin buns.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 1:15 pm
Baked eggplant parmesan with low fat cheese

mommy#1

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 1:24 pm
thanks everyone for your replies!

wanderer

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 2:38 pm
octopus wrote:

I use low fat mozerella I think it's 80 calories a slice. I make like 3-4 medium-large zucchinis. slice them (circle wise). Throw in like two small cans of hunts tomato sauce (I can't stand other brands- they add sugar). and add like 2 slices of cheese. If I'm in a cheesier mood I might throw in another one- but again, I'm the only one who is eating this- so no one to split the calories with. Spicing it is very important. I like mine spicy- but if you add too much you kill it. I snack on the pot a whole day. on weight watchers it is like 6 pts for the whole pot.( a little more if you add more than 2 slices of cheese.)

Thanks!

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 3:21 pm
whatever you had for supper the night before! why cook twice?

ready cooked beetroots are handy to add to whatever I'm having for lunch.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 3:38 pm
what is for breakfast ? maybe begin there

Vegieburger

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 3:59 pm
A big ol green salad with egg whites or tuna or tofu or beans. Drizzle with olive oil, add lemon juice and spices.

meirakk

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 4:00 pm
Experiment with different salads (grilled chicken, mushroom, vinagrette), steamed veggies, green beans and garlic, halved grapefruits with a drop of splenda for desset, soups (tomato, vegetable, onion), any kind of fish, baked salmon, tilapia, etc....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics