Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
One Bowl Cake Recipes

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 4:57 pm
Does anyone have any good one-bowl cake recipes?
I already have a great brownie cake recipe, and honey cake recipe. Looking for more of a variety.
Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 6:39 pm
Anyone?

leaht

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 6:51 pm
mix by hand gr8 choc cake
mix together
3 c flour
3 c sugar
1 1/2 c cocoa
3 tsp baking powder
add
6 eggs
1 1/2 c oil
vanilla
mix and add
1 1/2 c boiling water or strong coffee
bake at 350 till done

elf123

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 8:06 pm
Check out "my" mocha bundt cake in this forum, it seemed to have gotten very good reviews!

Reality

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 8:38 pm
I was running out of time getting ready for the 2nd days of yom tov & I still wanted to bake a cake. I made my regular pound cake recipe that usually requires 2 bowls & alternating ingredients etc.. straight in the pan. I sprayed it 1st, put in the dry ingredients & then the wet & mixed by hand. It tasted better than ever. It was a drop flatter than usual but they maybe b/c I mixed by hand as opposed to kitchen aid but the taste was GREAT.

Try it. See what happens.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 10:16 pm
Reality wrote:
I was running out of time getting ready for the 2nd days of yom tov & I still wanted to bake a cake. I made my regular pound cake recipe that usually requires 2 bowls & alternating ingredients etc.. straight in the pan. I sprayed it 1st, put in the dry ingredients & then the wet & mixed by hand. It tasted better than ever. It was a drop flatter than usual but they maybe b/c I mixed by hand as opposed to kitchen aid but the taste was GREAT.

Try it. See what happens.

Thanks! Can I get your pound cake recipe? I don't have one.

YALT

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 3:11 am
whenever a recipe calls for mixing together the dry ingredients first, I measure 2 cups of flour in measuring cup, pour a little into bowl, then mix other dry ingredients into cup. then I pour it in.
then I add the rest of the necc. flour.

Most of my cakes I do in 1 bowl. But I can't get them myself until I can open my folder with all my recipes, and it doesn't look like it's happening too quick.
But the spice & spirit has some good recipes.

Falafel

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 5:06 pm
Mevater posted this a whole ago. I've used it many-a-time! it comes out great, but I prefer it the day after as the top becomes glazey! Enjoy (we always do!)

INGREDIENTS
2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk (I used soymilk)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I usually use applesauce)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/O......aspx

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 6:18 pm
most recipes can be made in one bowl ... just ignore the detailed instructions ... all the dry in ingredients go in first - mix ... then add the wet and blend ... voila !!!

notme

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 7:01 pm
"Quick and Kosher" has a one bowl chocolate cake recipe and it's delic.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 7:52 pm
easiest pound cake!

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
6 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder

Mix well, pour into bundt pan bake at 350 for 45 min, let cool about 30 min b4 inverting.

You can add CC or marbalize or exchange the vanilla for amaretto...be creative or enjoy it plain.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Jul 31 2010, 11:36 am
I wanted to revive this for all those seeking oil based recipes, rather than margarine. I made it for Shabbat and it's a very good plain white cake! I'll be using it again.

WeAreOne

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 12:09 am
Which one did you make?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins