Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
ICE CREAM RECIPES (add your recipe here)
Previous  1  2

greeneyes

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 4:41 pm
shev wrote:
MOM222 wrote:
CHOCOLATE CHIP FUDGE ICE CREAM
(from Hamodia’s Sue Epstein)

Fudge Topping:
2/3 C. non dairy whip cream
1 C. marshmallow fluff
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
¼ tsp. salt

Cook all ingredients in a heavy bottom pot over low heat, stirring constantly , until chocolate chips and fluff are melted and it turns into fudge stage. Turn off heat and let cool completely.

Cookie Crunch:
1 C. margarine, softened
1 C. brown sugar
1 tsp. instant coffee granules
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
2 ½ c. flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1/3 tsp. salt
1 C. semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 (175) . Mix together margarine, sugar and coffee in mixer bowl at medium speed. Scrape sides of bowl once or twice. Reduce speed to low and blend in baking powder, flour and salt. Add chocolate chips.
Spread mixture on lined cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Turn with spatula (it will break into sections) and bake another 20 minutes. Watch closely last 5 minutes so it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven, cool and crumble.

Ice Cream:
6-8 eggs
¾ to 1 C. sugar
½ C. oil
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Juice of ½ lemon

Separate eggs and beat egg whites, gradually adding sugar until stiff. Beat egg yolks with oil and vanilla. Add lemon juice. Fold yolk mixture into egg whites. Place in a large container and add layers of crunch and fudge sauce. Swirl gently with a spatula in a S-motion. Freeze.

can someone explain the last part to me please? I pour the ice cream in to a container and then pour all the crunch over the ice cream and then pour all the fudge sauce over the crunch? or do I do one layer of ice cream one layer of crunch then one layer of sauce? thank you

I did it in layers: a layer of ice cream, drizzled some fudge, sprinkled some cookies, then repeated the process several times.

Roses4me

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 7:00 am
Soph can I have a choc ice cream recipe - with measurements and how much it will make..I would have no clue as I don't make so often,

and a fruit one.

thanks!

Soph

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 8:18 am
Roses4me wrote:
Soph can I have a choc ice cream recipe - with measurements and how much it will make..I would have no clue as I don't make so often,

and a fruit one.

thanks!

Sure! my pleasure!

Chocolate ice cream
place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a bowl.
heat in the stove or microwave a cup of milk (coffe creamer or soy milk if parve), and pour over the choc chips, let it stand for few minutes and combine...this will make like a chocolate sauce....to it add about a teaspoon of vanilla, a itsy bitsy pinch of salt and a pinch of coffe (optional, enhances the choc flavor).
Mix all this with 2 cups of cream (unwhipped whip topping)...taste it may be u like it sweeter...
let it chill in the refrigerator and then freeze in the ice cream machine, if ou dont have one, freeze in a bowl until almost set, then put it in a blender and freeze again (u could do this more than once)... u could skip that but it ensures a creamy icecream. and enjoy!!

Any berry ice cream (use strawberry.raspbery, blueberry, blackberry, mix and match...)
Clean the berries (about 2 cups) and chop them, add to them the juice of half a lemon and 1 tablespoon of sugar. let this macerate, let it rest the beries will start to juice up...
** if you like ur ice cream chunky take have of this mixture and reserve, if not add all the fruit in the next step**
in a blender (if u want it chunk free) add 1 cup of milk (coffe creamer or soy milk if parve), 1/2 a cup of sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla, and the fruit, puree untill smooth (if you want to pass it through a sieve to get rid of little pits) then add 2 cups of cream (unwhipped whip topping) and mix.
let it chill in the refrigerator and then freeze in the ice cream machine, if ou dont have one, freeze in a bowl until almost set, then put it in a blender and freeze again (u could do this more than once)... u could skip that but it ensures a creamy icecream. and enjoy!!
**if u are a chunky lady, add the rest of the fruit at the las freezing point so they dont all go to the bottom...I mean when its almost freezed mix the remaining fruit.

let me know how it goes!! pls taste it, this is a self made recipe, its fantastic but may be u like it sweeter or smth...
hatzlaja!

ally

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 8:44 am
1 punnet of strawberries
1 eggwhite
3/4 cup of sugar

Place all ingredients in mixmaster and beat till stiff. (If you are using a handheld beater, its easier to blend the strawberries a little bit before)

Roses4me

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:05 pm
thanks soph!
after how long do I take it out of the freezer the first time? I dont have an ice cream maker. and is one time in the blender enuf then?
cant wait to try it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics