Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
ICE CREAM RECIPES (add your recipe here)
1  2  Next

queen

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 10:41 pm
Thought it would be beneficial to have 1 thread with a collection of good ice cream recipes.
(especially when I'd like to make one for shabbos this week...and need a good recipe!)

MOM222

Post Fri, May 19 2006, 6:48 pm
CHOCOLATE CHIP FUDGE ICE CREAM
(from Hamodia’s Sue Epstein)

Fudge Topping:
2/3 C. non dairy whip cream
1 C. marshmallow fluff
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
¼ tsp. salt

Cook all ingredients in a heavy bottom pot over low heat, stirring constantly , until chocolate chips and fluff are melted and it turns into fudge stage. Turn off heat and let cool completely.

Cookie Crunch:
1 C. margarine, softened
1 C. brown sugar
1 tsp. instant coffee granules
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
2 ½ c. flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1/3 tsp. salt
1 C. semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 (175) . Mix together margarine, sugar and coffee in mixer bowl at medium speed. Scrape sides of bowl once or twice. Reduce speed to low and blend in baking powder, flour and salt. Add chocolate chips.
Spread mixture on lined cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Turn with spatula (it will break into sections) and bake another 20 minutes. Watch closely last 5 minutes so it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven, cool and crumble.

Ice Cream:
6-8 eggs
¾ to 1 C. sugar
½ C. oil
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Juice of ½ lemon

Separate eggs and beat egg whites, gradually adding sugar until stiff. Beat egg yolks with oil and vanilla. Add lemon juice. Fold yolk mixture into egg whites. Place in a large container and add layers of crunch and fudge sauce. Swirl gently with a spatula in a S-motion. Freeze.

Crayon210

Post Fri, May 19 2006, 7:20 pm
THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!

Now I have a culinary project for the week...

shopaholic

Post Sat, May 20 2006, 9:32 pm
Yum! I am DEFINTELY making that for Shavuos. When was it in Hamodia? I didn't notice it & I almost always read the recipe section.

MOM222

Post Sat, May 20 2006, 10:16 pm
This recipe is from at least 2 years ago.

Some tips.

The ice cream recipe is a bit old fashioned - no rich whip and the eggs yolks settled to the bottom when I made it the first time. So either I make my own vanilla ice cream or you can buy vanilla ice cream.

If you still plan on making the ice cream from the recipe. Freeze the container before you put in the ice cream. That my help so that the ice cream wont separately.

gryp

Post Sat, May 20 2006, 10:44 pm
does everyone use raw eggs in their homemade ice cream?

does anyone know if its possible to buy small containers of pasteurized raw eggs to use instead?

MOM222

Post Sat, May 20 2006, 10:55 pm
IN a similar subject posted a few days ago by willow (if I remember correctly)

someone mentioned a recipe used pasterurized eggs.

supermom

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 8:45 am
Servings: 10

Ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 cups milk whip cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
any additions which you desire
chocolate, fruit, candies, etc.

Directions
1. Whip the eggs with an electric mixer until they become creamy.
2. Add in the sugar and blend well together.
3. Add the milk, whipped cream, and vanilla, and whip well. Don't over-whip because doing so will create a buttery taste.
4. If you have an ice cream machine follow the manufacturer's instructions.
If not, chill a bowl in the freezer for a half an hour and pour mixture into bowl. Every
fifteen minutes mix it. When the mixture becomes semi frozen add your additions. When the ice cream is frozen, seal it and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.

Boys"R"Us

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 3:55 pm
NO EGGS in this pareve ice-cream!
It is very rich though.
~Debbie

Frozen Halvah-Pecan Ice Cream

1/2 cup soy milk powder, not soy protein powder
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water

1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup boiling water
1 pound extra-firm tofu
2 pounds vanilla halvah
1 teaspoon maple extract
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped

In a small bowl, mix the soy milk powder, cornstarch, and cold water. stir well and set aside. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.

Bring a few inches of water to a boil in the lower half of a double-boiler. Reduce the heat to a simmer and put the top half on the boiler. Combine the sugar, soy-milk mixture and the 1 cup of boiling water in the double-boiler and mix well. Whisking the mix constantly, slowly add the beaten eggs. Continue whisking over the heat until thickened. Be sure tp scrape the mixture from the bottom, where it will thicken first. Let the mixture cool.

Drain the tofu, and pat it dry. Crumble the halvah.

In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tofu, vanilla and maple extracts and half of the crubled halvah. Process for 3 minutes. Add the egg mixture and process only until evenly mixed. Transfer the mixture to a ice-cream maker, and prepare according to the manufacturer's instructions. Scrape the ice cream into a bowl, and fold in the remaining halvah and the chopped nuts. Serve immediately or place in the freezer for firmer ice cream.

girliesmommy

Post Sat, Jun 03 2006, 5:42 pm
MOM222 wrote:

Fudge Topping:
1 C. marshmallow fluff
¼ tsp. salt

Cook all ingredients in a heavy bottom pot over low heat, stirring constantly , until chocolate chips and fluff are melted and it turns into fudge stage. Turn off heat and let cool completely.

Cookie Crunch:
1 C. margarine, softened
1 C. brown sugar
2 ½ c. flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1/3 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 (175) . Mix together margarine, sugar and coffee in mixer bowl at medium speed. Scrape sides of bowl once or twice. Reduce speed to low and blend in baking powder, flour and salt. Add chocolate chips.
Spread mixture on lined cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Turn with spatula (it will break into sections) and bake another 20 minutes. Watch closely last 5 minutes so it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven, cool and crumble.

Ice Cream:
6-8 eggs
¾ to 1 C. sugar
½ C. oil
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Juice of ½ lemon

Separate eggs and beat egg whites, gradually adding sugar until stiff. Beat egg yolks with oil and vanilla. Add lemon juice. Fold yolk mixture into egg whites. Place in a large container and add layers of crunch and fudge sauce. Swirl gently with a spatula in a S-motion. Freeze.

I made this for Shavuos (the fleishig meals) and it was such a hit! I couldn't get regular marshmallow fluff, so I used the strawberry flavored one and it was delicious.
I used the recipe from the spice and spirit for the ice cream and nobody could believe that it was homemade. It's definitely worth the time spent making it... thanks for posting the recipe!

Mishie

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 1:15 am
I'm sorry if this was already mentioned, (I didn't have time to read all the posts in this thread...)

About Raw Eggs....
I've always been nervous about using raw eggs in Ice-Cream, Chocolate-Mousse etc... because of SALMONELLA..

But, lately I'm even more nervous due to the whole "Avian Flu" scare.

Are you all still using raw eggs? or do you substitute with the pasturized, frozen etc...?

8)

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 2:29 am
Mishie wrote:
I'm sorry if this was already mentioned, (I didn't have time to read all the posts in this thread...)

About Raw Eggs....
I've always been nervous about using raw eggs in Ice-Cream, Chocolate-Mousse etc... because of SALMONELLA..

But, lately I'm even more nervous due to the whole "Avian Flu" scare.

Are you all still using raw eggs? or do you substitute with the pasturized, frozen etc...?

8)

Nope, I used plain raw eggs, as well as in my non-bake cheesecake and we're all ok! Twisted Evil
No, really, I think in moderation it's fine. We only eat stuff like this every few weeks and I would never give it to a baby.
Just my NSHO...

MOM222

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 10:10 pm
Heres another ice cream recipe.
Similar to Sue Epsteins but much easier.

Original recipe called for 1 whip, but I think with 2 whips its better.

1 stick margarine
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. coffee (dissolved in a bit of water)
1 1/4 C. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Mix by hand. Add 1 C. chocolate chips
Bake on a cookie sheet. at 350 for 20 minutes. When cool break into tiny pieces with a fork.

Ice Cream:
4 eggs
1 T. vanilla sugar
2 small whips
3/4 C. sugar

Beat whites with vanilla sugar. Refrigerate. Beat whip. All yolks and gradually add sugar.
Fold whites into whip.
Add crunch.
FReeze.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 29 2008, 1:51 am
Place in blender:
6 whole eggs*
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
Flavor to taste -- peanut butter, fuge base, cocoa, coffee powder, praline paste, coconut, etc.

This is made the same way as homemade mayonnaise. Turn the blender to high, and veeeeery slowly pour UP TO 2 cups of cooking oil** into the vortex. When it is thickened and the vortex closes, pour into a container and freeze.

This can be used to make many frozen desserts. Enjoy!

*American eggs are washed, which removes a lot of the bacterial problems, but if you are still concerned, you can soak the raw eggs in their shells for 5 minutes in a mixture of a little dish detergent, and enough bleach to bring the free chlorine to 100-200 ppm. Rinse and dry.

** Sounds like a lot of oil? ALL ice CREAM is made with fat, whether it's called cream, whipped topping, or oil.

greeneyes

Post Sat, May 01 2010, 11:54 pm
MOM222 wrote:

Fudge Topping:
1 C. marshmallow fluff
¼ tsp. salt

Cookie Crunch:
1 C. margarine, softened
1 C. brown sugar
2 ½ c. flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1/3 tsp. salt

Ice Cream:
6-8 eggs
¾ to 1 C. sugar
½ C. oil
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Juice of ½ lemon

MOM222, I know you posted this AGES ago, but I just wanted to thank you for the recipe. I made it for shabbos & it was really delicious. I served it with fresh strawberries & these brownies http://www.recipezaar.com/reci.....2204, & it looked so pretty & tasted heavenly. Thanks!! Very Happy

Soph

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 9:01 am
GR wrote:

does anyone know if its possible to buy small containers of pasteurized raw eggs to use instead?

NO NEED!!

THIS IS A BASIC RECIPE TO WICH U CAN ADD ANY FLAVOR U WANT...

2 PARTS CREAM (UNWHIPPED WHIP TOPPING IF U CANT IT PARVE)
1 PART MILK, SOY MILK OR COFFE CREAMER
1/2 CUP OF SUGAR (OR A LITTLE MORE DEPENDING ON THE FLAV)
FLAVORING (4 EXAMPLE VANILLA EXCTRACT)

MIX UNTIL SUGAR DESOLVES AND FREEZE IN AN ICE CREAM MACHINE...IF U DONT HAVE ONE, FREEZE PARTIALY THEN TAKE OUT AND MIX I THE BLENDER UNTIL CREAMY, FREEZE AGAIN.

TO THIS U CAN ADD:
= CHOCOLATE - HEAT PART OF THE MILK AND POUR ON TOP OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO MELT...THEN MIX WITH THE REST.
= BERRIES - ADD A LITTLE LEMON AND SUGAR TO THEM TO MACERATE A LITTLE THEN MX WITH THE REST
= ANY KIND OF EXTRACT
= BROWNIE or COOKIE BITS....
ANYTHING!!

IF U WANT A MORE SPECFIC RECIPE JUST ASK...IVE DONE EVERY FLAV AND COLOR EVER!!

Soph

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 9:01 am
GR wrote:

NO NEED!!

THIS IS A BASIC RECIPE TO WICH U CAN ADD ANY FLAVOR U WANT...

2 PARTS CREAM (UNWHIPPED WHIP TOPPING IF U CANT IT PARVE)
1 PART MILK, SOY MILK OR COFFE CREAMER
1/2 CUP OF SUGAR (OR A LITTLE MORE DEPENDING ON THE FLAV)
FLAVORING (4 EXAMPLE VANILLA EXCTRACT)

MIX UNTIL SUGAR DESOLVES AND FREEZE IN AN ICE CREAM MACHINE...IF U DONT HAVE ONE, FREEZE PARTIALY THEN TAKE OUT AND MIX I THE BLENDER UNTIL CREAMY, FREEZE AGAIN.

TO THIS U CAN ADD:
= CHOCOLATE - HEAT PART OF THE MILK AND POUR ON TOP OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO MELT...THEN MIX WITH THE REST.
= BERRIES - ADD A LITTLE LEMON AND SUGAR TO THEM TO MACERATE A LITTLE THEN MX WITH THE REST
= ANY KIND OF EXTRACT
= BROWNIE or COOKIE BITS....
ANYTHING!!

IF U WANT A MORE SPECFIC RECIPE JUST ASK...IVE DONE EVERY FLAV AND COLOR EVER!!

Soph

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 9:03 am
LET ME TELL U IVE NEVER USED ANOTHER RECIPE AND THIS NO EGGS ONE IS A HIT, WORKS EVERYTIME, ITS CREAMY AND GR8...JUST EXPERIMENT

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 7:31 pm
Does anyone else have an icecream maker? (the one with double stainless bowl with the motor compartment on the top.) You can really tell the difference in texture.

So far, the biggest hits were
- fresh strawberry sorbet
- mango ice cream (esp with indian mango in season)
- lychee sorbet (funny enough, tinned lychees are more flavourful than the fresh ones)
- strawberry ice cream
- banana cinnamon ice cream

I tried using soy cream for parve but actually would rather stick to the real dairy products.
Most recipes ask for double cream, but I use combination of single cream and yogurt which works fine, esp for fruit flavours.

shev

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 4:29 pm
MOM222 wrote:

Fudge Topping:
1 C. marshmallow fluff
¼ tsp. salt

Cookie Crunch:
1 C. margarine, softened
1 C. brown sugar
2 ½ c. flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1/3 tsp. salt

Ice Cream:
6-8 eggs
¾ to 1 C. sugar
½ C. oil
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Juice of ½ lemon

can someone explain the last part to me please? I pour the ice cream in to a container and then pour all the crunch over the ice cream and then pour all the fudge sauce over the crunch? or do I do one layer of ice cream one layer of crunch then one layer of sauce? thank you
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics