Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Freeze!
Previous  1  2

YummyMommy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 10:59 pm
catonmylap wrote:
cakes
challah (in dough form)
parve kishka
potato kugel

How do you do the challah in dough form do you let it rise before you freeze it? Do you let it rise once, punc it down, let it rise again and then freeze it? Or do you shape it? When do you freeze it?
TIA.

wif

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 7:06 am
This is so amazing, everyone, thanks! I am going to make a huge shopping trip and FREEZE EVERYTHING! Somebody stop me!

sky

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 8:04 am
wif wrote:
This is so amazing, everyone, thanks! I am going to make a huge shopping trip and FREEZE EVERYTHING! Somebody stop me!

Don't worry the size of your freezer will always stop you at some point.

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 5:44 am
Ladies, DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE THE FOOD OUT OF FREEZER TO DEFROST!!!

katb

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 5:57 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Ladies, DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE THE FOOD OUT OF FREEZER TO DEFROST!!!

This was me last night, very nearly forgetting to take stuff out of the freezer!! Eek!

Tamiri

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 6:41 am
Did someone write soup?
Anyway, freeze the juice left over from roasts to use as a base for soup... just add veggies.
Buy and wash dill and parsely. Dry. Put in container or freezer bag, freeze and take out amounts as needed.
Buy, peel and wash ginger. Mince. Freeze to use amounts as needed (if you use ginger, of course).
If you don't finish the can of tomato paste, freeze in ice cube tray and take out amounts as needed.
Freeze leftover brewed coffee in ice cube tray and use to cool down your iced coffee.
Freeze mushy bananas to use at a later date for making cake, if you don't feel like making the cake now.
If you get lemons cheap or free and have a lot: make juice and feeze in ice cube tray.
If you zest a lemon, freeze the leftovers.
Buy pitas cheap and freeze what you can't use immediately (I get 25/13 nis but I think the shuk is cheaper).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics