Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Chewy Granola Bars - Fast and Easy
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

pinktichel

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 4:53 pm
Oh boy, these are incredible! Doubled the recipe, put in choc chips and craisins and put in 1/4 c. less of brown sugar. Next time, think I'll try halving the sugar.

My husband could not get over how incredible these are. I asked him if all the time I spent on Imamother was worth it for some incredible recipes... he wasn't sure! LOL

mominisrael2

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 7:54 am
pinktichel wrote:
My husband could not get over how incredible these are. I asked him if all the time I spent on Imamother was worth it for some incredible recipes... he wasn't sure! LOL

That's the only way my DH lets me go on here, if I keep making him amazing imamother recipes Smile

pinktichel

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 8:58 am
This is what my husband said to me two seconds ago:

"There is something about this granola that when you bite into it, it takes things to a whole new level. It is really spectacular."

Cookie, I expect that quote to be in your cookbook. LOL

Honestly, I have NEVER heard my Dh rave about ANYTHING I've made like he has been with these.

soldat

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 7:31 pm
So I finally got around to making these…
Cookie! DD gives you the ultimate compliment:
“they look just like the (non- cholov yisroel) granola bars my friends bring to school!”

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 9:33 pm
I don't know if I want to make them yet - they don't seem like they're going to be in line with WW. However, can you leave out the nuts, or will it really be missing something? (Due to allergies) Should I substitute them with something else? What do you suggest?

curlytop

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 10:16 am
Wow my husband also went crazy over these.
I couldn't find the choc chips while making them ,so I did without.
(Of course I found them while they were in the oven).
Why I made them on a Tuesday night is a different question. They are already half gone.
Definitely a keeper.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 9:52 am
Just made these for Shabbos. I left out the white sugar & nuts & they were great. I put in craisins & choc chips

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:02 am
This looks great. I think I'm going to make these tomorrow.

takeiteasy

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 12:00 pm
Thanks! They were yummy. I used some of the substitions mentioned in the above posts and it was scrumptious!!

shalhevet

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 5:45 pm
I searched this out after FS mentioned homemade breakfast bars on the $$$ at the grocery thread - is this the thread you meant FS?

Can anyone tell me how much oil to substitute for the margarine?

I am going to try these I think. They will be a great, healthy solution for those rush mornings (like almost every one...)

Isramom8

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 5:50 pm
Thanks, Shalhevet!
Thanks, Friedasima!

freidasima

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 5:55 pm
Yes this is one I meant, there is also another for oatmeal raisin cookies which I messed up and they spread into each other and dh said "cut out bars" and he was right and we adored them.

As I am not using oil right now (have to go fat free or under 3% at most) I started substituting applesauce for the oil and it works. Use a bit more applesauce than you would oil and use an extra egg. and 3/4 cup applesauce. (or 1/2 c oil)

It's delicious! And really inexpensive compared to the other store bars, even when they are on sale 2 for one!

ChossidMom

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 5:56 pm
Thanks for bumping Shalhevet.
I'm also getting curious about breakfast options for those crazy, pressured mornings....
I just finished baking cinnamon cheese muffins for tomorrow morning.
Ain't I just a real Susie Homemaker... Mr. Green

freidasima

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 6:00 pm
Ladies why are we up at 1 AM???

Dh is still in America, coming home tomorrow so I waited until shabbos was out there and he could email me from his parents but what's your excuse??!!!

As for crazy breakfasts, one of my kids reminded me this shabbos that as kids they never knew what cereal was as either I would make them oatmeal or I would hand them a fruit on their way out the door. It's not a great answer but it seems to have worked, to this day they usually start their day with a fruit. If they have time at home, something messy, if not then an orange, clementina, banana or something that has a peel (apple during the winter, sometimes a pear if they are cheap).

Another possibility is to cut up a melon before you go to bed and give it to the kids with a half a leben, it is sweet, goes down fast and it is very nutritions.

A last possibility is "finger food". Take bread at night, cut off crusts, smear with something (jam, white cheese, chumus, whatever) and cut into "fingers". Put several "fingers" into a plastic bag to take to school and wash and eat when they get there. Even the fussiest kids like "fingers".

I would save the crusts and dry and make breadcrumbs to coat schnitzl. Nothing goes to waste here.

ChossidMom

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 6:06 pm
I'm up at 1 am cause I've been busy doing laundry, sewing up the hem on my bechor's chossid coat ("chalifa"), baking muffins, doing some work online.
I also slept for over 1.5 hours today shock
Maybe it's time to turn in...

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 6:12 pm
I also slept today, which I usually dont and am just not tired yet to go to bed, but I will go by 1:30 for sure.

I cant wait to try these bars.

as for substituting oil for marg, usually the amount of oil is half of whatever amount of marg is in the recipe.

freidasima

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 6:12 pm
Chossidmom I admire you!
All good and wonderful things.
and I wasted the evening on the net after doing the dishes...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 10:28 am
I made these with almonds and craisins and my kids loved them.
My husband doesn't see how it's different than a cookie (whatever works), but he has something to eat on Weds. in yeshiva when the alternative for him is to eat plain bread.

lovmyboys

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 12:52 pm
Can I use quick cooking oats or do I need regular?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 1:12 pm
I used quick cooking.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins