Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Whats your dinner menu this week?
  Previous  1  2  3 16  17  18 60  61  62  Next

racheleezzy

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 2:54 pm
Sunday - Shabbos leftovers

Monday - turkey chili on whole wheat wraps and garlic stringbeans

Tuesday - Grilled chicken cutlets over spinach , vegetable soup

Wednesday - Eggplant Parmigian, caesar salad

Thursday - prob pizza

Tamiri

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 2:59 pm
stuffed peppers tonight

racheleezzy

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 3:06 pm
Tamiri wrote:
stuffed peppers tonight

can you post your recipe because I once made it and needles to say the rice was hard and it wasnt good... maybe I did something wrong...

Tamiri

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 3:12 pm
Yes:

Take the four green peppers DH bought yesterday after being asked to buy red peppers
Take the leftover rice from Shabbat (cooked but a bit dried out by Tuesday)
Take the leftover "sloppy Joe" ground meat from yesterday which was served over macaroni: sauteed onions, meat, leftover tomato paste from pesach, salt and pepper

Mix the meat and the rice. Cut the tops off the peppers and core them. Stuff with rice/meat mixture. Pour a bit of spaghetti sauce over the peppers and then cover with the removed pepper tops,. Place in oven-proof pan or pot. Cover tightly. Put in 350F oven for an hour or two until it smells ready. Uncover, add salt if needed and serve. YUM.

Now, that wasn't hard - was it? But honestly, I always use par-boiled or left over rice. No liquid needed when baking as the peppers wilt and give off their own liquid.

racheleezzy

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 3:13 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Yes:

Take the four green peppers DH bought yesterday after being asked to buy red peppers
Take the leftover rice from Shabbat (cooked but a bit dried out by Tuesday)
Take the leftover "sloppy Joe" ground meat from yesterday which was served over macaroni: sauteed onions, meat, leftover tomato paste from pesach, salt and pepper

Mix the meat and the rice. Cut the tops off the peppers and core them. Stuff with rice/meat mixture. Pour a bit of spaghetti sauce over the peppers and then cover with the removed pepper tops,. Place in oven-proof pan or pot. Cover tightly. Put in 350F oven for an hour or two until it smells ready. Uncover, add salt if needed and serve. YUM.

Now, that wasn't hard - was it? But honestly, I always use par-boiled or left over rice. No liquid needed when baking as the peppers wilt and give off their own liquid.

thanks so much I think my problem was that I was using raw rice and maybe I didnt put in enough liquid

Temilia

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 8:11 am
Sunday- Leftovers, yum yum.

Monday: Lamb curry, rice, fresh salad

Tuesday-penna ala vodka, salad

Wednesday-grilled cajun fish, oven fries, fresh salad

Thursday- lamb chops, roasted rosemary baby potatoes, salad.

I didn't want to cook this week, and I made dinner every night so far, my dh has been so impressed. He even told me not to cook last night, and that he will just make hot dogs, but then I felt bad and was in the shop and saw fish on sale, so.... we had dinner, and tonight I really wouldn't make dinner except we have 3 guests coming and somehow I don't know if Cornflakes and milk will cut it, but dh said he is going to come home early and help with dinner, because I am totally sick.

key

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 10:09 am
sun- lamb steaks, salad, garlic pasta
mon- pizza
tues- lasanga, salad, cheese latkes
wed- chicken marsala, couscous, strawberry spinach salad
thurs meatballs, sphagetti, green beans coleslaw

geemum

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 5:26 am
Getting back into planning menus at the beginning of the week. Feels good. Here's this weeks:

Sun - leftovers from Shabbos
Mon - butternut squash soup, spaghetti, mushroom sauce, salad
Tues - crock-pot pineapple chicken (a la imamother) with rice and peas(?), sausages in buns for kids
Weds - pizza / french toast
Thursday - steak and chips

whew - so glad thats organised - its complicated here with so many picky eaters!

key

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 12:08 pm
sun- sweat and sour meatballs, sphagetti, coleslaw
mon- honey glazed salmon, garlic pasta, cesar salad
tues- cornflake chicken, cauliflower, strawberry spinach salad
wed- chicken cutlets, rice pilaf, toss salad
thurs- manicotti, cheese latkes, greek salad

youngbubby

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 12:16 pm
I leave for work before 7 in the morning I put my oven on 220 degrees and I made a small roast like a london broil about 3 pounds with cut up potatoes and I seasones it covered it and put it in the oven When my kids get home at 4.30 we will pull out a nice hot supper and there is enough for my husband since he comes home at seven. I will make a sald and put in the oven brocolli with cut up mushrooms seasones with belsalmiv vinigar and olive oil and montreal spice I dont like it bu t they do.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 11:16 am
There was no dinner all week! I went to a Chnese Auction on Sunday, we had leftovers on Monday, went to a Bar MItzvah last night, and I hope dh will make something for tonite & tomorrw like hotdogs, but 'm not sure.

Temilia

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 11:24 am
Sunday-Hotdogs and Chips Smile

Monday-Mushroom Fettucini Alfredo (Yum, yum yum) and French Onion Soup-Most fattening dinner I have made in years, but we are cutting down our eating out expenses so this was in exchange Wink

Tuesday-Beef Stew, Couscous, Salad

Wednesday-Broiled Chicken, Salad, Couscous (or rice)

Thursday-Pepper Steak, Rice, Cabbage Salad

sped

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 11:36 am
Sunday: omelet, spicy rice and cooked frozen veggies
Monday: soy patties, leftover rice, fresh vegetable slices
Tuesday: tofu stir fry over ww coucous
Wednesday: baked ziti, garlicky brocolli
Thursday: either omelet or soy patties or canned tuna, roasted potatoes or ww bread, eggplant-squash letcho or cut up vegetables.... depending on time available and mood!

sarahd

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 11:39 am
Sunday: Hot dogs and french fries
Monday: Ate out
Tuesday: Butternut squash soup, meatballs and spaghetti
Wednesday: tofu jambalaya
Thursday: cream of zucchini soup, schnitzel, couscous or mashed potatoes

greeneyes

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 1:13 pm
Sunday: french toast, salad
Monday: cajun chicken wraps, salad
Tuesday: zucchini soup, baked potatoes stuffed with broccoli & cheese
Wednesday: baked salmon, japanese yams, steamed veggies
Thursday: something easy, maybe veggie burgers on whole wheat rolls & a salad?

rise above

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 2:27 pm
Sun- leftovers for me and the kiddies. dh had a dinner

Mon- Chicken on vegetable (not sure official name Smile I cube/cut potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, red pepper, mushrooms and put on bottom of big baking pan. Put chicken bottoms on top and then pour on some olive oil, paprika, onion powder, salt and lots of garlic powder. bake altogther covered for hours. big hit here!)

Tue- homemade ww pizza. tried the pizza dough recipe from last weeks binah and liked it better than all my previous attempts.

Wed- dh not home again so going to either make deli sandwiches or go out with the kids.

Thur- Grilled Chicken cutlets in Lafas with salad

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 2:34 pm
rise above wrote:
Mon- Chicken on vegetable (not sure official name Smile I cube/cut potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, red pepper, mushrooms and put on bottom of big baking pan. Put chicken bottoms on top and then pour on some olive oil, paprika, onion powder, salt and lots of garlic powder. bake altogther covered for hours. big hit here!)

How many hours would you say you bake it for? At about what temp?

gryp

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 2:41 pm
Sun: shabbos leftovers
Mon: meatball and potato/sw potato stew and grapes for dessert
Tuesday: warm pitas with schnitzels inside and coleslaw and pickles, grapes for dessert
Wed: sodium supper AKA hot dogs and baked sliced potatoes, still looking for a vegetable
Thurs: salmon not sure yet with what

shaindifer

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 4:16 pm
Sun: bar-b-q: boneless chick for us, drumsticks and hot dogs for kids, beans, french fries, leftover shabbos sides, salad
Mon: sushi (homemade)
Tues: homemade pizza (every Tues.!)
Wed. wraps with leftover grilled chicken, grilled veggies, and salad
Thurs. mac and cheese for kids, for us tuna melt on Eng. muffin, salad, split pea soup

geemum

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 6:02 am
sped wrote:
Sunday: omelet, spicy rice and cooked frozen veggies
Monday: soy patties, leftover rice, fresh vegetable slices
Tuesday: tofu stir fry over ww coucous
Wednesday: baked ziti, garlicky brocolli
Thursday: either omelet or soy patties or canned tuna, roasted potatoes or ww bread, eggplant-squash letcho or cut up vegetables.... depending on time available and mood!

could you give me the recipe for SPICY RICE please thanks

key wrote:
sun- lamb steaks, salad, garlic pasta
mon- pizza
tues- lasanga, salad, cheese latkes
wed- chicken marsala, couscous, strawberry spinach salad
thurs meatballs, sphagetti, green beans coleslaw

could you give me recipes for your chicken marsala and garlic pasta please?
Page 17 of 62   Previous  1  2  3 16  17  18 60  61  62  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus