Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Whats your dinner menu this week?
  Previous  1  2  3 23  24  25 60  61  62  Next

lovmyboys

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 6:51 am
Sunday: salmon skewers and greek salad
Monday: pargiot stuffed with rice over french fried onions (I used potato chips)
Tuesday: baked ziti and salad, maybe garlic bread?
Wednesday: shredded chicken and cabbage in puff pastry, maybe chicken wings also
Thursday: usually have pitas or something we buy while we shop

sarahd

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 7:50 am
What are pargiot?

yaeli83

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 9:28 am
Sunday: Cheese quasadilas with salsa and avacado. fresh melon and grapes
Monday: Tuna patties with dill, spicy greenbeans, brown rice and avacado slices. Fresh fruit
Tuesday: Pasta with spicy marinara sauce, salad and garlic bread or -homemade breadsticks if I have time
Wednesday: pita, chumus, Israeli salad, falafel and potato burekas
Thursday: Grilled cheese, homemade french fries, salad

key

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 9:43 am
sun- white sauce cheese pizza, hash browns, ceaser salad
mon- shnitzle, couscous, coleslaw
tues- sweet and sour meat balls, sphagetti, and spinach salad
wed- spiced chicken, green beans, toss salad
thurs lasanga, corn on the cob, greek salad

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:23 am
I have shabbos leftovers plus we grilled, so I'm prety sure I'm done cookig for the week already !

SV

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:28 am
yaeli83 wrote:
Sunday: Cheese quasadilas with salsa and avacado. fresh melon and grapes
Monday: Tuna patties with dill, spicy greenbeans, brown rice and avacado slices. Fresh fruit
Tuesday: Pasta with spicy marinara sauce, salad and garlic bread or -homemade breadsticks if I have time
Wednesday: pita, chumus, Israeli salad, falafel and potato burekas
Thursday: Grilled cheese, homemade french fries, salad

how do you make your spicy green beans?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 11:30 am
key wrote:
What's your white sauce pizza recipe?

Skippy!!

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 11:46 am
rise above wrote:
ra_mom, another vote for your suppers!
I read this thread just to see what is your latest and greatest! I have tried a bunch of your recipes and am always pleased Smile

My menu this week:
Sun- shabbos leftovers
Mon- BBQ chicken cutlets with vegetable sauce from cooking with color (yum and easy!)
Tues- French onion soup, garlic baguettes, doughless cali, broc quiche and salmon for dh who fasted
Wed- I buy out supper
Thur- honey mustard chicken, garlic roasted veggies and near asia rice (if we decide to have a bbq then ill just marinate the chicken in bone suckin sauce, cut up the veggies in a tin pan and pour the same sauce over and stick in the grill like that).

Sounds yum, would you mind posting the recipe, please?

key

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 12:15 pm
ra_mom wrote:
key wrote:

well I tried it at a pizza shop and really wanted to make it at home but didnt have a recipe so I made it up and it came out great!! our new favorite type of pizza:) and its sooo easy.

all I did
rolled out the pizza dough instead of sauce I spread out riccotta cheese and sprinkled to two tone shredded cheese ontop and baked it

yumm I want some more:)

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 12:22 pm
key wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
key wrote:

well I tried it at a pizza shop and really wanted to make it at home but didnt have a recipe so I made it up and it came out great!! our new favorite type of pizza:) and its sooo easy.

all I did
rolled out the pizza dough instead of sauce I spread out riccotta cheese and sprinkled to two tone shredded cheese ontop and baked it

yumm I want some more:)
Thanks! I will try that.
I tried something like that at Mendelsohn's. It was made with feta cheese I believe.

gamekeeper

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 1:01 pm
sarahd wrote:
What are pargiot?

pargiot are chicken pieces made with the red part of the chicken- not the breast.

rise above

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 1:11 pm
Skippy!! wrote:
rise above wrote:
I read this thread just to see what is your latest and greatest! I have tried a bunch of your recipes and am always pleased Smile

My menu this week:
Sun- shabbos leftovers
Mon- BBQ chicken cutlets with vegetable sauce from cooking with color (yum and easy!)
Tues- French onion soup, garlic baguettes, doughless cali, broc quiche and salmon for dh who fasted
Wed- I buy out supper
Thur- honey mustard chicken, garlic roasted veggies and near asia rice (if we decide to have a bbq then ill just marinate the chicken in bone suckin sauce, cut up the veggies in a tin pan and pour the same sauce over and stick in the grill like that).

I'm not in front of my recipe book so doing this by memory so if anyone is in front of cooking with color (esti kafra) please correct me!

Marinate chicken cutlets in BBQ sauce (it says to refridgerate overnight or a few hours. I have done it without any marinating).
Coat in Bread crumbs (I have used corn flake crumbs successfully)

--now the recipe says to Fry them in olive oil, OR bake them as follows. I always baked them and they are realy good!

Spread them on a baking sheet that has been shmeared with a little bit of olive oil. (I'm sure canola is fine).

Saute in a pan- red pepper, onions and sliced mushrooms (it says portobella I used regular canned sliced).- heat olive oil, add onions, when transulent add peppers and then mushrooms, at then end add some garlic and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken cutlets and bake together on 375' for 20-25 minutes.

If you are frying the cutlets then just pour the veggies sauce over before serving.

This comes out very moist and really yummy, almost like a suprise taste cuz the bbq sauce is under the breading and the veggies. I found that it was totaly delicious baked and did not need the frying.

Skippy!!

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 1:32 pm
rise above wrote:
Skippy!! wrote:
rise above wrote:

My menu this week:
Sun- shabbos leftovers
Wed- I buy out supper

I'm not in front of my recipe book so doing this by memory so if anyone is in front of cooking with color (esti kafra) please correct me!

Marinate chicken cutlets in BBQ sauce (it says to refridgerate overnight or a few hours. I have done it without any marinating).
Coat in Bread crumbs (I have used corn flake crumbs successfully)

--now the recipe says to Fry them in olive oil, OR bake them as follows. I always baked them and they are realy good!

Spread them on a baking sheet that has been shmeared with a little bit of olive oil. (I'm sure canola is fine).

Saute in a pan- red pepper, onions and sliced mushrooms (it says portobella I used regular canned sliced).- heat olive oil, add onions, when transulent add peppers and then mushrooms, at then end add some garlic and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken cutlets and bake together on 375' for 20-25 minutes.

If you are frying the cutlets then just pour the veggies sauce over before serving.

This comes out very moist and really yummy, almost like a suprise taste cuz the bbq sauce is under the breading and the veggies. I found that it was totaly delicious baked and did not need the frying.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post it. I can't wait to try it!

yaeli83

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 1:38 pm
Spicy greenbeans:

It's not really a recipe. I take fresh greenbeans, put them in a sauce pan with a little pam or oil. I add schug-hot red peppers, (if you don't have that you can do chilli pepper, or sezchuan sauce). Add some minced garlic ( I like fresh, but powder is fine), a little salt if you want.

Then I just stir fry them in the sauce pan for a few minutes.

thats it. easy and delicious!

frimamom

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 1:41 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
frimamom wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Sure thing! It's chinese style:

I forgot how many chicken breasts this recipe calls for, so I guess just wing it...

Saute in a pot:

4 different colored peppers, cut into chunks
1 onion, chunked
1 carrot, chunked (I skipped this)

At the end of sauteeing, add 1 can of pinapple chunks. You want the veggies to be slightly crunchy.

Add to the pot:

1 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 c. water
6 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 Tbsp. ketchup
1 T. sherry (I skipped this)
2 Tbsp. vinegar

Stir and simmer until boiling.

Cut your chicken into cubes and prepare the following batter:

2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. cold water
1 c. flour
6 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. sherry (I skipped this)

Coat the nuggets and fry in hot oil.

Serve chicken over rice and pour the sauce over everything. YUUUUUUUMMMM!!!

*I skipped the sherry b/c I didn't have. I did not notice any difference in taste btw my favorite Chinise takeout sweet and sour chicken and this recipe w/o sherry...

*I usually double the veggies and sauce and freeze 1/2 of it for a different time b/c this is time consuming recipe...but it is so darn good! This way, for a quick(er) supper, I stick rice in the oven, do the chicken thing with the batter, and have the ready made sauce.

Do you think it will be good without the pineapple?

I personally think that the pineapple is one of the main ingredients that make this dish so good. I'm sure it will taste good without it, but I wouldn't leave it out by choice.

Also, the buffalo sauce recipe is:

1/3 c. Franks Red Hot
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
1/4 c. honey

Mix it in a bot and bring to a boil. Simmer for another 10 minutes.

Thanks, I would love to try it with pineapples but dh doesnt like it Sad

OldYoung

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 8:55 pm
lovmyboys wrote:
Monday: pargiot stuffed with rice over french fried onions (I used potato chips)
Wednesday: shredded chicken and cabbage in puff pastry, maybe chicken wings also

How do you make your shredded chicken and cabbage in puff pastry?

Our menu for the week-
Sun: leftovers
Mon: bbq pinwheel steaks, vegetables and french fries
Tues: takeout (appointments)
Wed: salmon with pasta and dill sauce, zucchini alfredo
Thurs: greek salad-stuffed pitas, steak fries

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 9:10 pm
OldYoung wrote:
lovmyboys wrote:

How do you make your shredded chicken and cabbage in puff pastry?

Our menu for the week-
Sun: leftovers
Mon: bbq pinwheel steaks, vegetables and french fries
Tues: takeout (appointments)
Wed: salmon with pasta and dill sauce, zucchini alfredo
Thurs: greek salad-stuffed pitas, steak fries

Ooh. The bbq pinwheel steaks and zucchini alfredo sound interesting. Can you share?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 9:47 pm
Sun: out
Mon: Moroccan burgers, buns, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions, ketchup
Tues: grilled chicken cutlets, sesame rice balls, cauliflower
Wed: avocado salsa grilled chicken wraps
Thurs: deviled eggs, filling salad (I haven't decided which yet)

OldYoung

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:19 pm
The pinwheel steaks aren't really a recipe. It's basically just steaks that I buy from the butcher- skirt steaks rolled up onto skewers so that they look like pinwheels/lollypops. (They come assembled like that in the package.) They're really salty and yummy! I fry them on a med-high heat until they're brown and still a little bit pink on the inside, and then finish them off on the grill.

The zucchini alfredo is from the same Binah supplement that the avocado dressing salad came from. LOL

Zucchini Alfredo

10 zucchinis, peeled
salt
1/4 c. butter
3 cloves garlic, sliced

8 oz. cream cheese (hard), cubed and softened
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
black pepper
nutmeg

Slice zucchini into thin strips using a julienne peeler. Place the zucchini in a colander and toss with 2 t. salt. Let sit for a half hour, then rinse well and drain. Melt the butter in a medium sized pan and add garlic, then quickly add zucchini. Saute until zucchini is tender (5-8 min). Drain zucchini and set aside. Is a separate pot, combine milk, cream cheese, pepper and nutmeg. When the milk begins to boil, mix the ingredients with a whisk. Keep stirring until smooth. Add the drained zucchini and cook 2-4 more minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

*I use a fraction of the recipe for the four of us!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:24 pm
OldYoung wrote:
The pinwheel steaks aren't really a recipe. It's basically just steaks that I buy from the butcher- skirt steaks rolled up onto skewers so that they look like pinwheels/lollypops. (They come assembled like that in the package.) They're really salty and yummy! I fry them on a med-high heat until they're brown and still a little bit pink on the inside, and then finish them off on the grill.

The zucchini alfredo is from the same Binah supplement that the avocado dressing salad came from. LOL

Zucchini Alfredo

10 zucchinis, peeled
salt
1/4 c. butter
3 cloves garlic, sliced

8 oz. cream cheese (hard), cubed and softened
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
black pepper
nutmeg

Slice zucchini into thin strips using a julienne peeler. Place the zucchini in a colander and toss with 2 t. salt. Let sit for a half hour, then rinse well and drain. Melt the butter in a medium sized pan and add garlic, then quickly add zucchini. Saute until zucchini is tender (5-8 min). Drain zucchini and set aside. Is a separate pot, combine milk, cream cheese, pepper and nutmeg. When the milk begins to boil, mix the ingredients with a whisk. Keep stirring until smooth. Add the drained zucchini and cook 2-4 more minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

*I use a fraction of the recipe for the four of us!

Thanks! My skirt steaks come folded. The rolled steak sounds cool.

Lol about the recipe being from that Shavuos Binah supplement. Thanks for typing it. I look forward to trying it!
Page 24 of 62   Previous  1  2  3 23  24  25 60  61  62  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus