Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
What did you forget this past Yom Tov?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

imamothertoo

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 1:25 am
I forgot I was supposed to stick to my diet

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 11:09 am
ronixo wrote:
I forgot to say yizkor. Sad But dh was on top of things and decided that I wasn't going to any bc I had to stay home w/dd, and yotzi-ed me.

I don't think someone can say Yizkor for a non family member; you don't need to be in shul for it, or need a minyan. You should have said it at home. Ask your rov.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 1:03 pm
My friend just told me about this really cool way of warming up food on Tom Tov (she saw it in the Binah Magazine.)
She filled up a 9x13 pan with lots of lit tea lights and placed it on the bottom shelf of the oven.
Then she placed the food that needed to be warmed on the top shelf, and closed the oven door to leave the food to warm.
She said that she had deliciously hot food.
I can hardly wait to try this out!

cookielady

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 1:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:
My friend just told me about this really cool way of warming up food on Tom Tov (she saw it in the Binah Magazine.)
She filled up a 9x13 pan with lots of lit tea lights and placed it on the bottom shelf of the oven.
Then she placed the food that needed to be warmed on the top shelf, and closed the oven door to leave the food to warm.

There were warning after that was printed in Bina. Women had ovens that exploded from putting tea lights in oven. Don't try this at home!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 1:11 pm
cookielady wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

There were warning after that was printed in Bina. Women had ovens that exploded from putting tea lights in oven. Don't try this at home!

Oh my, thanks for letting me know! I will call my friend right now.

pinktichel

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 1:29 pm
ra_mom wrote:
cookielady wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Oh my, thanks for letting me know! I will call my friend right now.

My SIL said she read the same in Binah and was going to do it. I said it sounds extremely dangerous and something like that should never have been printed.

Glad to hear they printed a warning afterward but I feel bad for those who thought it was safe enough and tried it.

Pooh

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 5:34 pm
bump

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 5:40 pm
I forgot my double carriage (phil and ted) in the car! Instead, I had to use a stinky umbrella stroller for my 6 month old, and have my 22 month old on the reins, and have the 22 month old and 3 year old walk, to shul and back (took us 30 minutes to get there instead of 12-15), and to tashlich and back...

Sherri

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 6:43 pm
Forgot the yahrtzeit candle to light 2nd night
BH that's it!

solo

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 6:44 pm
fire for second night candle lighting.
luckily my oven was on, so with a bit of difficulty we managed to get fire from there

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 6:47 pm
forgot the yahrtzeit candle to light second night too- this after me buying three and dh buying a few just last week Rolling Eyes

dh was told it's not a problem to light where we were eating (which I preferred to do anyway rather than waiting at home til I could light, and then making our hosts wait for me to walk over- a mile away).

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 6:53 pm
lost the key to the freezer where I stored my challa and honey cake. It turned up after yom tov.

mimishkl

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 8:25 pm
I forgot to wear a white teichel, I live way high up in the projects so didnt bother going back up for one.

mommyofboys

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 8:39 pm
forgot to take out the sweet carrots from the freezer before shabbos.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 5:49 am
forgot to put a masking tape over a bathroom light switch (...and we had non-frum guests who turned off the light Sad )
forgot to grind peppers before shabbat

Marion

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 5:52 am
I forgot to buy the 48 hour candle to have a flame...luckily DH brought 2 home "just in case" Friday afternoon.

merelyme

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 6:03 am
Marion wrote:
I forgot to buy the 48 hour candle to have a flame...luckily DH brought 2 home "just in case" Friday afternoon.

I tried a neat trick from Hamodia. My yahrtzeit candle never lasted quite long enough for the second day's lighting. I took out the wick from a tea light and dropped the tea light over the yahrtzeit candle, with the yahrtzeit-candle wick going through the tea light. Then I lit the wick. This combined candle burned well into the second night.

katb

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 6:42 am
merelyme wrote:
Marion wrote:

I tried a neat trick from Hamodia. My yahrtzeit candle never lasted quite long enough for the second day's lighting. I took out the wick from a tea light and dropped the tea light over the yahrtzeit candle, with the yahrtzeit-candle wick going through the tea light. Then I lit the wick. This combined candle burned well into the second night.

This is ingenious!! I bought a 7 day candle as I guess I will be needing it again soon!

I forgot to say shechiyanu on the candles and forgot to put out the egg salad so we have been having it in sandwiches this week!

Isramom8

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 7:04 am
I used a 72 hour candle, plenty of time to light it early, and it burned well into Tzom Gedaliah morning.

What I forgot was salad at the first day meal.

The tip about the tea light immediately struck me as dangerous!

grin

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 7:57 am
QUEENY wrote:
Remembered to make eruv tavshilin so I'd be able to light Friday night (I didn't need to cook ate out)
remembered to keep burner on to light candles friday night

FORGOT TO LIGHT CANDLES FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but we didn't need an eruv tavshilin this year - anyhow nobody could cook on Shabbos.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics