Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Special Hour for Prayer TODAY
Previous  1  2  3

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:37 pm
amother wrote:
what I'm confused about it is a whole hour or is it 9 minutes? isn't it especially special this year cuz it's the 9th year into the yoivel which means it's a chance of a life time only happens once in 50 years!

It's a whole hour according to sho’oh z’maniyos, daytime flexible hours. In the winter it's less than 60 minutes and in the summer, the hour is more than 60 minutes.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 1:51 pm
amother wrote:
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
wow wrote:
Please someone post how to calculate NY time...!

What city? NYC?

Yes!

The calculation for NYC using this site: http://www.myzmanim.com for SHO’OIS ZMANIYOS is:
13:50:07 - 14:02:23 (1:50:07 p.m. – 2:02:23 p.m.) (12 min. 16 sec.) is COMMON to all shittos.

The earliest time of the earliest shitta and the latest time of the latest shitta in NYC is:
12:53:53 - 14:55:11 (12:53:53 p.m. – 2:55:11 p.m.) (2 hrs. 1 min. 18 sec.)

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 1:59 pm
To the one who PM'd me for (Monroe) Rochester, NY.

The calculation for ROCHESTER using this site: http://www.myzmanim.com for SHO’OIS ZMANIYOS is:
14:02:40 - 14:13:50 (2:02:40 p.m. – 2:13:50 p.m.) (11 min. 10 sec.) is COMMON to all shittos.

The earliest time of the earliest shitta and the latest time of the latest shitta in ROCHESTER is:
13:02:35 - 15:06:47 (1:02:35 p.m. – 3:06:47 p.m.) (2 hrs. 4 min. 12 sec.)

BTW, you don't need to be a math whiz nowadays with the calculator.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
Did I do this right?

Is the Passaic time at 1:20pm?

The calculation for Passaic using this site: http://www.myzmanim.com for SHO’OIS ZMANIYOS is:
13:50:32 - 14:02:36 (1:50:32 p.m. – 2:02:36 p.m.) (12 min. 4 sec.) is COMMON to all shittos.

The earliest time of the earliest shitta and the latest time of the latest shitta in Passaic is:
12:54:03 - 14:55:33 (12:54:03 p.m. – 2:55:33 p.m.) (2 hrs. 1min. 30 sec.)

Sorry, for the delay. You should've pm'd me earlier.

staten islander

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 9:17 pm
http://www.rationalistjudaism.......html

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 5:29 am
staten islander wrote:
http://www.rationalistjudaism.com/2013/11/manipulating-with-mysticism-for-money.html

Although many segulos today is a way to make money for mosdos and organizations, there's even a group out to be mispallel for you at the tzion of Rav Ovadia Yosef zt"l, this segulah 9-9-9 is already from the time of Rav Chaim Vital zt"l, talmid of the Ariz"l, almost 500 years ago.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:38 am
amother wrote:
I'm wondering the same thing....

I heard such different times.

I heard for Brooklyn either you do when it's that time in E"Y which would be from 6:44-6:53 AM or you do from 1:00-2:30 I have no idea why one option is 9 minutes and the other an hour and a half. So now I am really confused.

I was told that Rav Wozner says that in America one should do the time it is in E"Y. Aparently there are different Shitos. I'd like to do both options but I'm having difficulty figuring out the US time. Since and hour and a half is a very long window and doesnt seem right.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:39 am
amother wrote:

I heard for Brooklyn either you do when it's that time in E"Y which would be from 6:44-6:53 AM or you do from 1:00-2:30 I have no idea why one option is 9 minutes and the other an hour and a half. So now I am really confused.

I was told that Rav Wozner says that in America one should do the time it is in E"Y. Aparently there are different Shitos. I'd like to do both options but I'm having difficulty figuring out the US time. Since and hour and a half is a very long window and doesnt seem right.

amother
Lawngreen

amother wrote:

amother
Lawngreen

amother wrote:

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:40 am
amother wrote:

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:44 am
amother wrote:

relaxation

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:06 am
assuming it was a computer glitch
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed