Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Special Hour for Prayer TODAY
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 4:11 am
mamele wrote:
What time in australia melbourne?????

The calculation for Melbourne using this site: http://www.myzmanim.com for SHO’OIS ZMANIYOS is:
15:55:13 - 16:27:36 (3:55:13 p.m. – 4:27:36 p.m.) (32 min. 23 sec.) is COMMON to all shittos.

The earliest time of the earliest shitta and the latest time of the latest shitta in Melbourne is:
15:04:30 - 17:20:33 (3:04:30 p.m. – 5:20:33 p.m.) (2 hrs. 16 min. 03 sec.)

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 4:12 am
hila wrote:
And Rav Aviner's view

http://www.srugim.co.il/59510-.....00607

It's just like any other segulah. Other segulos are also not mentioned in Gemara like running to the Kosel and other mekomos hakedoshim.
Something that klal Yisroel adapts and many do with a bren and hislahavus is definitely not something to do away with. Its says that a mitzvah done by many is on a higher level than done by a few. The same is with tefillos. When a man davens with a minyan it's has more power. Although the 9th of the 9th is not a mitzvah, but koach horabim is great. There's a segulah to say Parshas Hamon, shnayim mikra ve'echod targum, on Tuesday Parshas Beshalach which is a segulah for parnassah. This segulah is quoted in the name of the Rebbe R' Mendel from Riminov zt"l. Even though it's not in Gemara and perhaps not even from R' Mendel, still, klal Yisroel accepted it with fervor and geshmak. A person that does this segulah with emunas tzaddikim and emunah in Rebono Shel Olam, will definitely benefit from it. The same with this segulah of 9-9-9. A person dedicates a few minutes in middle of the day to daven to the Rebono Shel Olam with pure emunah and feels that s/he is part of klal Yisroel who does this segulah, definitely has a gevaldige koach.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 6:46 am
paris??

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 7:41 am
Ruchel wrote:
paris??

The calculation for Paris using this site: http://www.myzmanim.com for SHO’OIS ZMANIYOS is:
14:37:40 - 14:46:26 (2:37:40 p.m. – 2:46:26 p.m.) (8 min. 46 sec.) is COMMON to all shittos.

The earliest time of the earliest shitta and the latest time of the latest shitta in Paris is:
13:27:26 - 15:39:14 (1:27:26 p.m. – 3:39:14 p.m.) (2 hrs. 11 min. 48 sec.)

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 7:45 am
where can I find the text to say? or is it just davening

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 7:52 am
Ruchel wrote:
where can I find the text to say? or is it just davening

Siddur, tehillim or wherever. No special tefillah. Say whatever request is in your heart.

momagain

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:00 am
Thank you so much for this info.

What is the time today for Brooklyn, NY?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:20 am
momagain wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing....

I heard such different times.

I heard for Brooklyn either you do when it's that time in E"Y which would be from 6:44-6:53 AM or you do from 1:00-2:30 I have no idea why one option is 9 minutes and the other an hour and a half. So now I am really confused.

I was told that Rav Wozner says that in America one should do the time it is in E"Y. Aparently there are different Shitos. I'd like to do both options but I'm having difficulty figuring out the US time. Since and hour and a half is a very long window and doesnt seem right.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:23 am
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
tziganka wrote:
Did you your self do all this calculating? It's very impressive.

I read this thread and Just counted back 7 hours from the Israeli time and got very sad that I missed my "special time to daven".

Thank you both for posing this.

Thanks, but it's no big deal. Anybody who knows how the sho'oh zemaniyos works can take a calculator, the way I did, and figure it out. I just did it to figure out when the 9th hour in my area is and decided to do some chesed for others who don't have the patience for mathematical calculations.

Those who do not live in these 4 cities mentioned above and do not have the patience to figure out when the "special hour" is, can PM me.

Tziganka (Gypsy, in Eng. interesting IM name), don't feel so bad. It's never too late to daven. Shaarei Shomayim is always open and Hashem listens to our tfillos ALL THE TIME.

Not enough to like. Have to quote again, even if an old thread!

Last edited by PinkFridge on Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

wow

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:34 am
Please someone post how to calculate NY time...!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:48 am
Oops. Some confusion, sorry.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:54 am
PinkFridge wrote:
wow wrote:

It's over now.
If I'm wrong, someone please set me straight.

it can't be over yet it's only 11:00 in the morning it's not 9 hours into the day?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
wow wrote:

It's over now.
If I'm wrong, someone please set me straight.

it can't be over yet it's only 11:00 in the morning it's not 9 hours into the day?

You're right. Product of a sleep-deprived brain.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 11:02 am
what I'm confused about it is a whole hour or is it 9 minutes? isn't it especially special this year cuz it's the 9th year into the yoivel which means it's a chance of a life time only happens once in 50 years!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 11:17 am
Did I do this right?

Is the Passaic time at 1:20pm?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:15 pm
Someone just told me its from 1:44 to 1:53 today in NY

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:
momagain wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing....

I heard such different times.

I heard for Brooklyn either you do when it's that time in E"Y which would be from 6:44-6:53 AM or you do from 1:00-2:30 I have no idea why one option is 9 minutes and the other an hour and a half. So now I am really confused.

I was told that Rav Wozner says that in America one should do the time it is in E"Y. Aparently there are different Shitos. I'd like to do both options but I'm having difficulty figuring out the US time. Since and hour and a half is a very long window and doesnt seem right.

The calculation for BROOKLYN using this site: http://www.myzmanim.com for SHO’OIS ZMANIYOS is:
13:49:53 - 14:02:10 (1:49:53 p.m. – 2:02:10 p.m.) (12 min. 17 sec.) is COMMON to all shittos.

The earliest time of the earliest shitta and the latest time of the latest shitta in BROOKLYN is:
12:53:48 - 14:54:58 (12:53:48 p.m. – 2:54:58 p.m.) (2 hrs. 1 min. 10 sec.)

It's not really 9 minutes. It's the amount of minutes common to all shittos. I don't know all shittos and don't know how many there are. I figure them all out only according to 5 shittos.

Rav Wosner shlit"a meant that davening with multitudes of yidden in Eretz Yisroel is also an eis rotson.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:32 pm
wow wrote:

What city? NYC?

bubbebia

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:34 pm
Can't seem to get anywhere with the site. Apparently anything outside the major Jewish centers doesn't compute.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:35 pm
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
wow wrote:

What city? NYC?

Yes!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed