Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
No surprise: Susan boyle admitted to hospital last night
1  2  Next

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 10:11 pm
Quote:
SUSAN Boyle has been rushed to a clinic by paramedics, after she was spotted "acting strangely" in her hotel following her defeat in Britain's Got Talent.

The Scottish singing sensation, who has been assured of a multi-million-dollar recording deal, plus further riches with a prospective book deal, was reportedly causing concern to witnesses with her strange behaviour.

Boyle was reported as suffering from stress, exhaustion and 'emotional breakdown' after the finale of the show, which has made her famous across the world, and where she was defeated in a major upset by dance group Diversity.

According to witnesses in the hotel, Boyle was happy to accompany the paramedics in an ambulance to the Priory, a famous London clinic used to providing mental health and detox programs to celebrities. Kate Moss is a famous alumna of the retreat in south-west London.

A spokesperson for Britain's Got Talent gave a statement about her admission to the clinic.

"Following Saturday's show, Susan is exhausted and emotionally drained.

"She has been seen by her private GP, who supports her decision to take a few days out for rest and recovery. We offer her our ongoing support and wish her a speedy recovery."

According to other reports, after her shock defeat Boyle, from Blackburn, West Lothian, ran down a corridor shouting: 'I hate this show.'

She is accused of swearing and throwing a cup of water over a floor manager who tried to calm her down.
The alleged outburst follows a last-minute backlash against Boyle, who was favourite to win the competition for some weeks.

She was accused of four-letter outbursts at her hotel and speculation grew that she would not be able to cope with the pressure of fame.

But it is estimated that she could earn millions of pounds if she pursues a successful singing career.

Yesterday Morgan was joined by show co-presenter Anthony McPartlin who said it had been a 'blessing' Miss Boyle finished runner-up after the 'rollercoaster' of pressure she had endured.

Following her rapturously-received debut a few months ago, some sections of the studio audience turned on Miss Boyle, booing her after her performance of her signature song, I Dreamed a Dream.

Viewers were also left confused by her behaviour afterwards.

Miss Boyle pulled up her skirt to show a bare leg and also made a chopping sign after judges commented on her performance.
Her family revealed that despite her 'gracious' behaviour in saluting Diversity as worthy winners, she was 'devastated' and 'distraught'.

Up to 19.2million viewers tuned in to ITV1 on Saturday night to see Diversity crowned as winners. They received around a quarter of the four million votes. Miss Boyle had 20 per cent.

Morgan said of the result: 'I do think it may turn out to be the best thing that happens to her, coming second. I think she has found a lot of it quite hard to deal with and I think the pressure of actually winning and living up to all that expectation would have just carried on the mayhem for her.'

He added: 'I'm only sorry that the extraordinary tidal wave of publicity she attracted meant so many people got either bored or irritated by Boyle mania and decided not to vote for her.'

Mini Cookie

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 10:38 pm
at least this time she'll be treated as a somebody in the rehab.

mimivan

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 10:52 pm
My instinct is that she will be fine after treatment...

greentiger

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 5:02 am
Yeah, after seeing her stand on stage it was pretty clear that something snapped in her Sad

mimivan

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 5:14 am
At the same time, does anyone find it eerie the song she initially chose (I dreamed a dream)...reading the lyrics and comparing it to her state of mind now...? spooky...

Quote:
I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame

but perhaps she will be back to herself before long...

Stepmum

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 5:40 am
Mimivan, I too noticed the irony of her song!

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:15 am
Look, the media around the world built her up as the sure thing winner. She was receiving so much attention and daily news stories and interviews about her for weeks.

She was made to think she would win and it must have been devastating not to. I feel for what she's been through and I hope when she gets through the pain of the initial disappointment she will be happy with all the recodrding contracts and other deals coming her way.

greentiger

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 8:32 am
I think she snapped before the loss.

FINKEL

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 8:55 am
I was looking on youtube for the clip where she lost and I cant seem to find it, all they show is the clip where she sings in her silver grey dress but thats the semi final not the final,
can someone post a link please? thanks

greentiger

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 9:21 am

greentiger

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 9:28 am
btw you can skip yo about 6 minutes if you're not interested in seeing all the drama before.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 10:06 am
Oy, that was painful to watch.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 10:19 am
CM, I agree.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 9:58 pm
Poor Susan. She really did deserve to win.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 10:06 pm
I thought Diversity was far more entertaining than Susan Boyle. If I was going to pay money to see a show, I'd definitely pay to see that over a woman's solo singing act.

traveler

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 10:30 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I thought Diversity was far more entertaining than Susan Boyle. If I was going to pay money to see a show, I'd definitely pay to see that over a woman's solo singing act.

Susan Boyle is naturally gifted. Yet Diversity and Flawless both amazed me. Not only were they ALL so super talented their acts were beyond creative. Especially for simple city street kids. Both groups really amaze me. I am sad Flawless didn't even make it to the top 3.

traveler

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 10:44 pm
I still love Susan's voice and she most definitely sounds better then Elaine Paige Smile

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 12:29 am
She has a great voice but she does NOT sing better than Elaine Page. Elaine Page has an amazing voice.

I watched Diversity and they really were amazing.

traveler

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 6:31 pm
I like her voice better. It is all a mater of taste Smile

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 7:55 pm
clearly she's a talented singe, not a movie star.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics