Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Chutzniks? anyone else's dh's going to EY for Lag B'Omer?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 12:12 pm
Mama Bear, I too would like to than you for sharing your amazing story with us!
May you continue to see much Yiddish Nachas from your children, and their children BE"H!

Fabulous

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 2:52 pm
My dh is landing in less than two hours. I'm just upset that he's gonna have to take a taxi home because no one is available to pick him up. I am excited!!

windowsill

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 3:56 pm
HELLO? anyone there? Can you please take "going away" issues to a different post please? Should I maybe start feeling bad that I let him go? what are you trying to say here? they've gone - what now??!

BTW dh was crying on phone today (nearly..) wishing he would come home already.. ticket was cheaper to stay over a weekend, so he decided to chap arein a tish by his rebbe.

Now back to basics - had a great afternoon with kids B"H they behaved! now everyone is settled and the house is QUIET! actually - the washing machine is making a racket LOL

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 10:05 pm
Today, I took the kids out for pizza at 5 oclock then we went to the park, to the toy store for a pack of blowing bubbles, then back home. Then it was baths, bedtime, and I'm totally knocked out on the couch. I'm still not getting the hang of putting 2 kids to bed at the same time; one of them cries or nags while I try to put the other one in!

I have to say that this has been such a learning curve for me, I'm learning that I'm capable of a lot more than I thought. I usually panic when I have to go out with both kids at once and try to get dh to help me, and ditto with bedtime. This week I saw that it's doable, although it does leave me drained. I dont know how you mommies do it nightly yourselves. I can't imagine having to cook dinner & clean up on top of that. At least I'm on vacation from that!

Plus when all is quiet all I long to do is talk to dh. alas, it's 5 a.m. in Israel now. Oh well. Hope he has a good shloof. I'm bombed!!2 more such nights (thurs & sun; at least Fri & Motzash I'll get some help iyh) and I'll have gotten good practice for the country...

Today they went touring in Ein Gedi etc., theyre spending the night at Yam Hamelech and will be in Yerushalayim Thurs - Sun. Since this is just the 'fun' part of the trip and not the spiritual part I had a bit of a hard time 'fargining' him the fun while I slave away at home. But he works so hard all year both bringing home the dough and bacon, and with the kids at night and during the night, that I guess I gotta begrudge him the fun Very Happy. I wonder what gifties he's gonna bring us home lol.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 7:11 am
Remember what I said yesterday bout resenting dh having fun in EY? Well, I'm eating my words. He had to cut his trip to the Dead Sea short to travel into Yerushalayim for the levaya of R Meir Bransdorfer. I feel really guilty!!! I feel like H' Orchestrated this so dh doesnt get a fun, relaxing day at yam hamelech so I dont feel resentful. argh!

anyhoo, my plans for the day are totally thwarted!!! SM cried at 6 a.m., and I woke up, startled to find Mendy in my (soaking) arms (he was there since 2 a.m.). Of course when I went to calm SM, Mendy woke... for the day. I had planned to run a ton of errands while Mendy napped. Nevamind... I'll nap when he does and see what I can cram in from then to 3 p.m. Sigh, I feel like I havent slept in 10 years and I have such a migraine.

ChossidMom

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 7:23 am
He had a big Zchus to be at that Levaya. Imagine how he would have felt if he would have missed it for whatever reason.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 7:36 am
ChossidMom I just spoke to dh and he says that 1/2 hr in the burning dead sea was enough for him and he's so glad he made the levaya.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 8:48 am
Dh is Baruch Hashem home, safe and sound!
Wishing you Hatzlacha as you await your husbands returns. May all the men come home safe and sound!

windowsill

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 9:26 am
Good afternoon everyone - I really slept well last night - baby woke at 4 but went back to sleep.

Yes, a very big zechus to be at the levaye.. Should there only be simches.
Starting to dread the upcoming Shabbos... Sad

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 3:01 pm
argh. today is a hard day. I didnt manage more than a 1/2 hour nap because Mendy slept only from 10 to 10:30, and then again fell asleep by 2 pm and woke up at 2:30. he's sleeping now, which means a very late bedtime tonight, which I have no energy for. help!

at least Bh we're moving into my prents for shabbos. dh didnt leave before he knew that I'd have where to be for shabbos. I couldnt be home alone all shabbos with the kids, he wouldnt leave me all by myself for shabbos. I mean, this shabbos isnt necessary for the miron trip, it's already a 'bonus', and he made sure I was 'taken care of' for this treat of his.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 3:35 pm
Hatzlacha Mama Bear. I hope you get some rest over Shabbos!

windowsill

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 4:02 pm
Phew! finally quiet at this end! they were especially noisy this evening, Now I can b"h relax and enjoy some quiet time.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 6:17 pm
and I still have to figure out how to enterain the kids for another 2 hours, and clean up this place! Smile

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 6:18 pm
Windowsill are you in Europe? At least you dont have a time difference. The hardest part for me is not being able to talk to my dh from 5 pm onwards.

windowsill

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 7:31 pm
Yes I am in Europe - very small difference in timing which is quite useful, although we do not talk much! he is busy now with business so there isn't much free time for him.. at least Shabbos he'll enjoy by his Rebbe. However, I am really not looking forward to it

Crayon210

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 3:59 am
Well!

This thread has been edited for all sorts of reasons. If you're concerned about why your post isn't here, please PM me. In many cases, it's because something you responded to was removed, or because something you responded to was in response to something that was rude, etc.

freidasima

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 6:37 am
Ladies, I'm not making comparisons but I want to point out something.

First I think it is a positive thing that if you could afford it your husbands went to EY to Meron for Lag Baomer. More so if they had a chance to stay longer. Any time that they spend here is wonderful and hopefully gave them a spiritual lift that they will bring home to you. Every couple makes their own priorities and choices and if this was a mutual choice and you are happy about it, even with your children not making it easy for you and your coping without your dh for shabbos, it sounds like you are basically happy about it and did something good.

Here in EY men go on miluim - army reserve duty. And not everyone has a mother, sister, sister in law or anyone else around to help with babies. I went through this with little kids, so did my friends. And the law is that until you have six children you are liable to be called up for up to 30 days army duty straight and far away from home, getting off, if you are lucky, for maybe two days during that whole time or one weekend. It's not a question of "choice", it's one of the parts of living here that you have which are part and parcel of living in Israel today if you go to the army.

This was not said to bring up the issue of army, right now that is irrelevant. What I mean is that there are thousands of Jewish women, mothers, who go through not one week without a husband who is in Meron but one month a year, every year, without a husband who is on miluim and doesn't get home to help them feed, bathe and put the kids to bed. It's hard. One copes. Women here are usually proud of their husbands who are doing reserve duty, just as you are proud of your husbands who went to Meron.

I write this to you, davka to give you strength, not as a comparison. We do it. You do it. It's possible. Jewish women are strong.

That was all I was trying to say. Don't read any more into it.

windowsill

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 7:02 am
Wow! this post really got cleaned up! My night was fairly ok with 3 out of 4 kids bieng up the same time at 3am! but b"h they went back quite nicely.
I am preparing for shabbos now - by myself... I'll try and stay positive!! soon kids coming home from school and the yom tov will start!! at least I have a [cleaner] coming and bought some crafts for them to do in this long afternoon (zman near to 9pm!).

Mama Bear

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 7:17 am
Mendy got up at 6 a.m. again. I'm so bleary eyed. No possibility of napping today, with cheder out by 11:30. I'm scared he shouldnt wake up this early at my parents cuz then I'm really stuck!

windowsill

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:36 pm
Tzinding soon... and putting kids to bed. Wish me luck!! Git Shabbos to you all
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days