Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Fainted?
Previous  1  2

hardwrknmom

Post Sun, Apr 16 2006, 5:19 pm
yep fainted in 4th grade while davening in front of the class.

gryp

Post Mon, Apr 17 2006, 10:52 am
too many times to count Confused

pinktichel

Post Mon, Apr 17 2006, 11:06 am
yup, once, after sitting out by the pool for too long.

klotzkashe

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 2:50 am
a few times as a child (hadn't eaten breakfast)

morning after giving birth - I hemorrhaged and fianted on the way to the shower. (t'g avoided a blood transfusion)

in my second pregnancy I was not even 8wks preg and standing hte bakery on sunday morning at 11aM . hadn't eaten anything yet and the shop was really hot...I felt myself fainting and thought to myself - well I can just sit on the floor (and put my head down and feet up) and tell e/one that I feel faint. or I can faint and let them call hatzolah -
I opted for the former - I told the woman next to me that I was feeling dizzy, I sat on the floor (and then lay down with my sheitel in all the poppyseeds and sesame seeds on the floor) and put my feet up on the display fridge
then e/one is like should we call hatzola? I told them no, I just feel dizzy, they brought me water and after 10 minutes I went home.
it was particularly embarassing because my students father was there and one of the women screams out (oh she's pregnant it's nothing to worry about!)

at least he didn't tell his daughter!!!

baby's mom

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 3:27 am
Never fainted B"H!!

mommy2

Post Sat, Apr 22 2006, 11:24 pm
yup, when pregnant, in the bakery, hatzolo came... but I was ok by then
btw I think it has to do w/ low blood pressure
My dr gave me a tip to squeeze your toes to pump blood

shoy18

Post Sat, Apr 22 2006, 11:32 pm
nope never fainted, but I did hyperventalate.

sister

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 12:44 am
I have fainted 4 times!!!!!
All while I was in a hospital,
2- with women who were giving birth
1- my sister was in the er and had a bad reaction to a shot
1- visiting a friend who was in a major car accident
When (I was with my sis that was the funniest story of them all we always joke about it and everyone likes to make fun of me!!!!! embarrassed

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 1:21 am
During a yechidus with the Lubavitcher rebbe and Hatztzala was summoned by the Rebbe.
Personally I have no recollection of this just that I was in yechidus and I was bas mitzvah. it was my teacher then who told my mother that the rebbe himself summoned Hatzala Confused

shanie5

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 10:20 pm
twice-once when preg and I slammed my finger in the door.
2nd time I hit my elbow just right and fainted on the front porch w/ dh and neighbors right there-very embarrasing!

Friedman

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 1:43 pm
I fainted for the first time in 7th grade. On a school trip I cut my finger and it scared me, so I fainted. Another time I was having a blood test to check for anemia and I fainted. I scared my bestfriend when we were walking on the boardwalk in Antlantic City-I fainted buying water of all things. I fainted shopping for clothing with my mother, I was very sad not to get anything, but I felt so sick after I fainted I didn't want anything... the list goes on... I think some people are just prone to being light headed.

mompete

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 2:18 pm
twice...
once after a bad chiro hurt me during an adjustment
and once afer I twisted my ankle - passed out on the street!
I almost passed out during labor during pushing but thank gd not!
really scary cuz like someone posted, knew it was coming and couldn't stop it!

Flowerchild

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 2:27 pm
this is so weird some of you fainted after giving birth or while pregnant. why is that?

imanut

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 10:36 am
blood loss, over-exertion...

happy2beme

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 1:52 pm
I fainted when I was pregnant with my first. I was standing on a crowded train on the way to work. One minute I was standing, the next I was sprawled out on the floor of the train- embarassing & gross!
of course, then ppl offer me a seat, but to their benefit I wasn't showing yet so they couldn't know Smile

happyone

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 3:36 pm
[quote="mommy#1"]this is so weird some of you fainted after giving birth or while pregnant. why is that?[/quote]

loss of blood, weakness, dehydration etc..
It makes sense. Pregnancy and delivery can take a toll on your body.

Blossom

Post Sat, Jun 10 2006, 11:06 pm
Never fainted I think, b''h.
Yes to Hyperventilation. Hyperventilation is when you're breathing in too much air-breathing fast.Andof course you're concentrating on your breathing and trying to breathe but your body has too much air so you feel like you can't breathe ch''v. Whew! It's so uncomfortable, but eventually regelates and is of course not dangerous.

Yael

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 10:49 pm
the best advice my father gave me after fainting a few times, was when you feel dizzy, get down to the floor level, so that even if you faint you wont hurt yourself.
2nd time I fainted I broke my tooth and split my lip on the sink on the way down.
so when I was in sem, and felt it coming I lay down on the dirty kitchen floor, and all my friends looked at me weirdly. but you know when you are in it, you dont care.
while pregnant once, I was sitting at the computer desk and felt it coming. I was holding my oldest who was a baby. so I put him down on the floor so I shouldnt drop him, and leaned my head back against the chair, and waited. I lost consciousness, and when I came to, it was probably only a few seconds, my baby was still crying, and my head was hanging forward.

gryp

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 10:56 pm
Quote:
the best advice my father gave me after fainting a few times, was when you feel dizzy, get down to the floor level, so that even if you faint you wont hurt yourself.

experience taught me that BH. fainting isnt a big deal anymore.

Quote:
2nd time I fainted I broke my tooth and split my lip on the sink on the way down.

OUCH!

supermom

Post Mon, Jun 12 2006, 6:17 am
GR wrote:
Quote:

experience taught me that BH. fainting isnt a big deal anymore.

And why is that? I would say it is since if you fainted that means there is something lacking in your body to help it function.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics