Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Vacuums
Previous  1  2

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 10:04 am
chen wrote:
Mommy912 wrote:
What is the difference between using a vacuum for a bare floor and sweeping the floor with the broom? Why use the vacuum?

because the vacuum does a more thorough job, period. To get into corners, use the crevice tool attachment or the plain extension hose. for bare floors and small or crowded spaces, canisters are much better and more maneuverable.

If you need proof, do the following experiment: select two rooms of equal size and similar level of dirtiness. Sweep the one and see the volume of dust you collect. Vacuum the other with a bagless vacuum cleaner with an empty dust cup, or a bag vacuum with a new bag. See how much dust you collected now?

If you can't do that, select two areas of floor of identical size. Sweep the first, then vacuum the second. then take two clean white cloths and wipe one of them over the swept field and the other over the vacuumed field. which comes up dirtier?

Exactly!

I only have bare floors and I use the vaccuum in every room - it's amazing. Makes my cleaning so much easier and faster.

happymom

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 10:42 am
I have the meili. it has bags. its the best thing I baught when I got married. it is 500 which I know is alot, but I wasnt interested in buying cheap ones every other year. Its very small, light, very quiet I vacuum everything in my house with it. even the blinds Wink

granolamom

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 8:27 pm
I have a dyson. I LOVE it. it is easy as pie to empty, the dust does not end up in the air, its a wonder on wood floors, and so simple to dissemble if something gets stuck that my 5 yo knows how to do it and put it back together. the filters are washable, and it comes with a spare, so you dont' have to buy more of those either.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars