Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help! My daughter put vaseline in her hair!

familyfirst

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:17 pm
My 3 year old daughter smeared vaseline all over her hair! I washed it a few times with Pert shampoo. It's not helping. What should I do? She looks awful!

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:19 pm
Try washing her hair with dishwashing soap. Maybe it will cut through the grease. Confused

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:20 pm
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip959.htm

bandcm

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:26 pm
There was an Israeli in seminary who always smeared her hair with vaseline. She said it kept the curls from getting frizzy.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 7:07 pm
My ds did that when he was 2. It took about a week of many many washings to get rid of all of it.

micki

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 7:28 pm
LOL your post makes me smile. what memories... my son did hat to his brother.
nothing worked. not peanut butter not shampoo, nothing. I was told not to user dishwashing soap cause it may get into his eyes.
ao I made the best of it and styledd his hair in a mohak style for 2 weeks. I'd spike it up, hubbyd smooth it down. we have some great pics!

familyfirst

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 7:49 pm
Thank you so much for your responses!
My daughter is (hopefully) sleeping right now but I will try the cornstarch tip tomorrow, G-d willing. In the meantime I may shoot her teacher an email giving her heads-up. Don't know why I feel the need to clarify that I had nothing to do with this, but I guess that's life!

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 7:51 pm
micki wrote:
LOL your post makes me smile. what memories... my son did hat to his brother.
nothing worked. not peanut butter not shampoo, nothing. I was told not to user dishwashing soap cause it may get into his eyes.
ao I made the best of it and styledd his hair in a mohak style for 2 weeks. I'd spike it up, hubbyd smooth it down. we have some great pics!
You have to post a photo. The last photo you posted was my favorite of all time, if I remember correctly.

miri123

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 7:57 pm
I think baby shampoo, the cheap mikvah kind, will do it in a couple washings, you may also use a fine comb to comb some out.

Mommastuff

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 8:58 pm
LOL!! It reminds me of a a similar situation that I had. My dd played hairdresser with sunblock on my other dd. I also tried everything. I did 10 washes eash bath. It took a week to get out. Her hair is baby fine so that didn't help the problem. Recently it was vaseline. Ahhh, children! It did keep her hair in place though! LOL

micki

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 10:36 pm
no shampoo int he world will get it out.
another picture?! LOL you sure you can handle it? Wink

supermama2

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:33 am
my ds did this to himself when he was around 2 y.o. ach.. if I could find the picture, I'd add it here lol it took several washes w/ baby shampoo but eventually, it worked.. lol

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:37 am
Use regular soap (the blocks you used when you were younger to wash your body with).

Tapuzi

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:50 am
My mom used Tide to get baby oil out of my hair once. It took a few washings, though. And I was old enought to hold my head back so it would not get in my eyes.

meirav

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 2:47 am
Just to make you feel better, my son did it to my daughter's hair, and my little brother did it a few years ago. It takes a few washings, so I just bathed her every night, and by the end of the week it was gone.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 3:12 am
soap first, then use water. The soap cuts through the grease and then the water will help rinse it out.
But you probably will have to go through several washings.

micki

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 11:30 pm
[img][/img]

oh the fun we had styling his hair...

Clarissa

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 10:14 am
What can I say, Micki? I'm totally in love with your children.

micki

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 9:51 pm
aww thanks. this guy is the same kid in the other pic, the shorter one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics