Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Barack Hussein... why the extremist Muslims are excited
Previous  1  2

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:41 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I find the OP's post very interesting.
I don't understand why ANYONE would have a problem with it and find that they have to make fun of it. Sometimes it's interesting to know what the Muslims are thinking, don't you think?

when I want to know what a Muslim is thinking/feeling, I ask one!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:44 am
Ima2Netanel wrote:
ChossidMom wrote:
I find the OP's post very interesting.
I don't understand why ANYONE would have a problem with it and find that they have to make fun of it. Sometimes it's interesting to know what the Muslims are thinking, don't you think?

when I want to know what a Muslim is thinking/feeling, I ask one!

I've been told.

Well, not all of us have convenient access to a Muslim to ask. Scratching Head

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:51 am
Im sure, if you wanted, you could find some very nice Mulsim women online to discuss the issue with.

I have a few Muslim friends online, and, while they support Obama, it is because of his policies and their own political leaning (ie democrat) and not because of any minor religious connection or internet rumors.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:54 am
Thanks for sharing. I'm off to find Imamuslimmother.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:55 am
seriously...if you have questions, write them and I can pass them on

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:57 am
Seriously, I have no questions but the OP brought some interesting information from her roommate. I see nothing wrong with that and I found it very interesting.

Thanks for posting it, OP!

EvenI

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 9:02 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I'm off to find Imamuslimmother.

Fine, but realize that that forum is for mothers of Imams... Smile

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 9:08 am
Ima2Natanel, not every Muslim is moderate. The post was about why extremist, or at least some extremist Muslims were supporting Obama.

Similarly, while the post which came from Aish is upsetting, it is relating to a specific group.
Do you think this Rabbi lied? And do you agree he should feel upset with the sentiments expressed by that group? That doesn't mean they represent all Obama supporters, but that they represent some is scary.

Quote:
Tonite I traveled to Yale University where I give my once a semester Torah class to Maimonides students. BH the class went well. I then left the building with the Maimonides rabbis. We saw and heard the revelry of the students celebrating the Obama victory with their generous cups of beer in hand. We looked at one another and shrugged. I proceeded to the New Haven train station to go back to NYC, taking the 1130 PM train, tired and trying to discern what the victory meant for the Jewish people, the country, and the world.

I heard the conductor, passengers and crew laughing, celebrating the victory; none of which surprised me. And then 4 exuberant young people said to me, "you must be upset?" I asked, "Why?" They responded, "because Obama has won." Again I asked, "Why should I be upset?" "Because you are Jewish," they answered. I answered, "Did u know that polls have said approx 80% of Jews most likely voted for Obama?" They replied, "But you are religious!" I replied with disbelief, "what??" They responded, "The majority of religious JEWS were supporting McCain." I asked, "How do u know that?" "Everyone knows that," they said. "Religious Jews know that the day of their power and their ruination of WALL STREET IS OVER … CHANGE IS COMING … OBAMA HAS PROMISED THIS." They walked away.

I felt sick and thought, wow so maybe this is how the chapter for American Jews is ending. The cell phone rang and it is was my friend, Rabbi Jonathan Shippell. He shared with me the election results and asked me, "Do you know what tonight is?" "No," I answered. He stated, "Tonight is the anniversary of KRISTALNACHT." My already distraught heart sighed. I then remembered the crying of Rebbetzin Esther Yungreis on the night of the Democratic national convention 4 years ago which fell on Tish B'AV. She asked, "What is going on in that room? What danger is taking place?" "Look at our history!" as she cried further. That, of course, was the night we were all introduced to President elect Obama, Hashem Yirachem zchor yimot olam, says the pasuk. It is 3:24 A.M. I just walked into my apt. I think it is time to GO HOME. Steve

LeahW

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 9:12 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Seriously, I have no questions but the OP brought some interesting information from her roommate. I see nothing wrong with that and I found it very interesting.

Thanks for posting it, OP!

You're welcome!

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 9:15 am
btw, I"ve seen other interpretations of what the guy is suppose to look at. Yeah I googled, I thought I would see if the info being passed to Leah was accurate in the first place.

I'm like that.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 10:44 am
Just like Judaism is through the mom, Islam is through the dad - and Obama refused their faith. They should hate him.

MrsMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 11:54 am
Rolling Laughter

SNORT
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics