Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for my married son that helped me tremdously
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:44 am
Frumomsi wrote:
Can you ask his wife?

I did! Smile
We are both wracking our brains because she asked me to not take away the things she wants to buy him like the more personal items.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:46 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
An emergency electrical generator. Many run on normal gasoline, but the kind without ethanol is best. They can also run on propane. If his house heats with propane, that is the kind to get.

When there is a blackout this thing supplies electricity to the house. That can keep food from spoiling. It keeps the water pump running, and the heating going too. Reduced power from normal, but something. Much better than nothing at all.

The price is about what you want to spend.

https://www.popularmechanics.c.....ator/

So manly! I am saving this link.
For now I want something more elegant.

I would buy some gadget for his car.

I already saw the diffusers but they're 50 dollars and I wanted to spend more.

I am so not into car gadgets I wish there was a website that has ideas.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:47 am
Does he drink coffee? How about a fancy coffee maker or a big gift card to buy coffee at a coffee shop he may like. Its always fun to be able to get a fancier drink then you may spend on yourself. Feels like your being treated.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:49 am
mha3484 wrote:
Does he drink coffee? How about a fancy coffee maker or a big gift card to buy coffee at a coffee shop he may like. Its always fun to be able to get a fancier drink then you may spend on yourself. Feels like your being treated.

Such cute ideas and I'm saving them because he's doing a lot for us and I'll have to be giving him more gifts than this one time.

For now I want it to be a nice "thing"

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:49 am
Silver becher? Tallis bag? Fancy kittel? Gift card to a fancy restaurant? If you’re chassidish, a fancy colored bekiche for home is very hot now, a sentimental art piece for sefarim room? A beautiful fur lined Haggadah- or other stunning one

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:51 am
My husband was drooling over this fancy espresso machine but its not really in the budget for us now. But they are in your range if that's something that he enjoys.

JenniferK

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:03 am
I don’t have any ideas. Just wanted to say that it’s refreshing to see a mother / mil so grounded.

You want to give him a generous gift to show appreciation instead of feeling entitled

You are putting so much thought in to it.

You are in touch with his wife and respecting her wishes.

You sound like an amazing mother and mother in law.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:03 am
amother Tuberose wrote:
Silver becher? Tallis bag? Fancy kittel? Gift card to a fancy restaurant? If you’re chassidish, a fancy colored bekiche for home is very hot now, a sentimental art piece for sefarim room? A beautiful fur lined Haggadah- or other stunning one

He has everything you mentioned but I would love a sentimental art piece for his seforim room.

Thats why I was thinking about that silver pipe because it comes on a stand and is good for the seforim room but I want more options.

Do you have something in mind?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:04 am
JenniferK wrote:
I don’t have any ideas. Just wanted to say that it’s refreshing to see a mother / mil so grounded.

You want to give him a generous gift to show appreciation instead of feeling entitled

You are putting so much thought in to it.

You are in touch with his wife and respecting her wishes.

You sound like an amazing mother and mother in law.

Thanks I wish I can express how kind this couple has been.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:06 am
mha3484 wrote:

He's not very big on coffee but if you have a link to the item you're talking about then I would love to have it because it can still be a good idea.

Thanks!

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:09 am
My go to is a photoshoot or digital picture frame

qwerty4

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:10 am
amother OP wrote:
So manly! I am saving this link.
For now I want something more elegant.

I would buy some gadget for his car.

I already saw the diffusers but they're 50 dollars and I wanted to spend more.

I am so not into car gadgets I wish there was a website that has ideas.

There is a website www.sharperimage.com with a lot of techy gift ideas. Their shipping might take longer but if you find an idea there they have their items on Amazon too, or you can just take an idea and browse other sites for it.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:14 am
amother OP wrote:
He's not very big on coffee but if you have a link to the item you're talking about then I would love to have it because it can still be a good idea.

Thanks!

This is what my husband really really wants but its a little pricey for us.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips.....ss_tl

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:19 am
OP, forget manly, the generator might be the one useful thing. What use is all that other stuff if the power is out for days. And don't forget the tri-fuel gadget so he can use whatever fuel is available.

I suppose they have an emergency medical kit? Another gift.

Solar lanterns, a lot of them. Head lamps that you wear. Lots of key chain LED flashlights. Solar chargers that charge your phone. "Mom is on a prepper kick."

Being in pitch darkness is miserable and having all your food rot is miserable.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:21 am
qwerty4 wrote:
There is a website www.sharperimage.com with a lot of techy gift ideas. Their shipping might take longer but if you find an idea there they have their items on Amazon too, or you can just take an idea and browse other sites for it.

Oh thanks for reminding me of my youth! We used to get their catalogs! This website made me lol.
Its so much him! I'll definitely have what to take from there.
Thanks

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:22 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
OP, forget manly, the generator might be the one useful thing. What use is all that other stuff if the power is out for days. And don't forget the tri-fuel gadget so he can use whatever fuel is available.

I suppose they have an emergency medical kit? Another gift.

Solar lanterns, a lot of them. Head lamps that you wear. Lots of key chain LED flashlights. Solar chargers that charge your phone. "Mom is on a prepper kick."

Being in pitch darkness is miserable and having all your food rot is miserable.

You're right.

The thing is that I also don't want to get him something that is for the whole family.

I want it to be personal but not too personal because then its his wife's territory.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:24 am
mha3484 wrote:
This is what my husband really really wants but its a little pricey for us.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips.....ss_tl

I love this.
I'd even get it for myself. Cool

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:25 am
amother Tuberose wrote:

Any ideas where to get an art piece?

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:27 am
My in-laws got my husband a beautiful engraved silver pen with a stand for his 30th birthday. It's displayed on his desk and he loves it. More traditional though...
Does he have a nice desk clock?

SYA

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:31 am
Leviim Art Gallery or Betzalel Art Gallery may have some nice pieces
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics