Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Tell me I'm not the only one!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:11 am
amother Mocha wrote:
Also, different neighborhoods are going to have different unwritten rules. In some streets or intersections, stopping to let people in when they don't have the right of way is actually dangerous.

This is dangerous in ALL neighborhoods, ALL streets, and ALL intersections. Do not give up your right of way! You might give it up and then if I go, and someone else comes into the intersection who doesn't realize this I till be at fault in the accident bc it was not my right of way.

I find this usually happens when I have the stop sign and the cross street doesn't. I will stubbornly sit at my stop sign and motion that the other person should go. The only time I didn't do that was when the other person was a police car.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:50 am
My husband drives like this. His personality is to see the world black and white, with lots of rules. He feels like if someone is doing something “wrong” on the road (inconveniencing him), he needs to let them know. He’s a nice guy, but very into his to-do lists and getting things done (he’s busy with good things BH), and if he feels like another driver is slowing him down and making it hard for him to accomplish everything on his schedule, he gets personally offended. The weird thing is that he doesn’t see that it’s all his gaiva. He thinks the other people are in the wrong, and it bothers him a lot.

People can change though. He’s improved a lot since the time when the car ahead of him was going too slow for his taste, so he leaned on the horn and passed the driver, shaking his fist, and was horrified to realize it was our Rav.

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:36 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
Ha!
I live in Switzerland, and it's against the law, as in really illegal, to honk unless it's an emergency.
Either police is nearby and catches you, or the other driver reports your license plate and you get a 500.- chf (+/- 500 $) fine

This!
My relative from Switzerland got a fine for honking at a child who ran into the street with a ball. The police officer claimed that he had plenty time to stop and the honk was not necessary.

Let's try this in NY LOL

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:20 pm
Time to work on your savlanus, OP.
That's what we're in this world for, to work on our middos and character flaws, not to celebrate them.

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:23 pm
I was thinking a lot about this as I was driving to work and I do have many thoughts but I am at work right now and cannot write them out. Hopefully I'll remember to come back to this thread later tonight

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:31 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Why is everyone responding to OP like she's the dangerous driver and rude driver?

She said clearly she is a safe driver.

Aggressive driving does not mean dangerous.

But the people OP has no patience for, cars who drive slower than the speed limit, make illegal u-turns in the middle of the road, etc, are both unsafe and highly inconsiderate.

What part of what she described WOULDN'T be characterized as rude??

And aggressive driving is very dangerous. Yes it is. Educate yourself.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 2:49 pm
Cackling from this thread. I could have written the OP. I'm with you OP 😘
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette