Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Beware what babysitter you send to!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

keeptrying

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:46 am
Op, can you please write were you live?

amother
Chicory

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:47 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
Because most moms don't try to send their babies to a safe babysitter Banging head

Sorry? Yes they do.

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:48 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
Because most moms don't try to send their babies to a safe babysitter Banging head

agreed. most mothers I know are cruel neglectful and uncaring women who care more about their job and saving a buck then their child

**SARCASM ALERT**

signed - a lakewood kollel life who is in the trenches of working moms who send to babysitters.

amother
Skyblue

amother Chicory wrote:
Sorry? Yes they do.

That was sarcastic

amother
Chicory

amother Calendula wrote:
agreed. most mothers I know are cruel neglectful and uncaring women who care more about their job and saving a buck then their child

**SARCASM ALERT**

signed - a lakewood kollel life who is in the trenches of working moms who send to babysitters.

Cool post.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:49 am
keeptrying wrote:
And doesn’t posting on the site bring awareness? I’m confused. And for the record I’m not the one who starting all these threads.

Many women are not on this site. And whoever is heard it ad nauseum

amother
Chicory

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:49 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
That was sarcastic

Oh. Sorry. Was wondering...

flowerpower

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:50 am
Amarante wrote:
From what I have read, everyone should drop in unexpectedly from time to time to make sure that the day care/baby sitter is not providing a Potemkin village type of show.

If the babysitter does not permit, that would be a red flag.

Yes. Only send to a sitter or playgroup that has an open door policy. Show up early or go late occasionally. You are your childs advocate

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:50 am
amother Skyblue wrote:

Because moms may be overwhelmed and happy they found someone that is willing to take their baby, for the hours they need.
Because moms may be innocent and never think that another jewish mom may do that.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:52 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
The problem is when posters post a name, other posters say that it’s not true and demand proof.

I meant to say that she has a responsibility towards her community, not specifically to imamother...
I really think OP needs to ask a sheila if she's supposed to find out who this sitter is & spread awareness.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:54 am
I was a babysitter for years. I never locked my front door when I was working. I wanted parents to feel they could walk in at any time.

This was both for their comfort and to protect myself. Even though I trusted and was (and still am) close with all of my families, I was trained that you never lock a door when you work with a child (this was in my training as a professional therapist in a school setting but I always stick with it).

In this day and age, anyone who works with children should cover themselves so that there is no room for suspicion of foul play, chas v’shalom.

Unfortunately, we live in a crazy world where people abuse and people make up stories of abuse. Maybe I’m paranoid, but I believe you should never put yourself in the position of having it come down to word versus word.

As a parent, do your own research. Make sure you are comfortable with the person you choose to watch your baby. Are there horror stories? Yes. Use your head. Ask shailos if you feel you have no other choice.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:57 am
Curious if I would post a thread about CSA and how it is happening locally, would it get backlash too? Like people saying that they know already, why say it again?
Like people saying that every mom tries to protect her kids naturally, so no need to spread awareness?

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 9:06 am
amother OP wrote:
Curious if I would post a thread about CSA and how it is happening locally, would it get backlash too? Like people saying that they know already, why say it again?
Like people saying that every mom tries to protect her kids naturally, so no need to spread awareness?

The point is, how is that spreading awareness?
It doesn't help anyone if you don't give some sort of identifying information. First being location. Otherwise you're not sharing any new information.
I can say "Hey everyone just wanted to let you know there is a Rabbi who has fake semicha and is not really learned. Be aware of this" What would that help anyone? Should every single person on this site now be weary of their Rabbi and ask if he has semicha?

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 9:16 am
amother OP wrote:

You need to at least name the location of the babysitter. What you're doing, is not really spreading awareness.
If you really care, then find out which sitter this is & actually spread the word.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 9:16 am
I heard also, that a babysitter should never accept custody of a sleeping child. Might be drugged. Then she would be blamed. Wake the child up. If it won't wake up nicely, is too groggy, that might be a problem.

When you first choose the sitter, the first visit should include a request to go over the entire house. Every room. You aren't a customer yet. If they want your business, they will let you, pleasantly. If they get irritated and feel invaded, they aren't being reasonable. You would back off. The request is reasonable.

You would get an idea that way if there are too many baby rooms.

And always drop in in the middle of the day, when you are not expected. 'You had family over suddenly' or some excuse. March right in and see how it smells and sounds and who is there and who isn't there. Is the main boss lady there? She should be.

This is just a general good advice thread, even if this particular story isn't true.

amother
Winterberry

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 9:34 am
I sent my child to someone whom I researched and spoke to references. I get nauseous when I read such threads bec it was also a situation where the amount of babies and rooms I didn't know prior and my baby was left crying in a room and when I came to pick up early it was terribly sad

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 9:41 am
amother OP wrote:

How are you spreading awareness when you won't post a location or name? If you are so confident in what you are doing then you would.

rmys

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 9:57 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
I sent my child to someone whom I researched and spoke to references. I get nauseous when I read such threads bec it was also a situation where the amount of babies and rooms I didn't know prior and my baby was left crying in a room and when I came to pick up early it was terribly sad

Can you pm location - I'm nervous!

Cheiny

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 10:21 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
If you are so concerned about awareness do something else besides for posting here

How do you know she’s not? How do you know she isn’t spreading awareness to her friends and family as well? That’s quite presumptuous.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 10:23 am
amother Chicory wrote:
Not the cleaning lady. The Op. She should find out if there's any truth to it before sending out a psa.

Zero benefit? Maybe she just likes to gossip.

Or maybe those who choose not to believe it, are doing so because they don’t want the guilt of knowing or facing that maybe their own choices for their own young children are far from optimal or safe.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics