Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Favorite “frum” product/invention
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

rmbg

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:25 pm
essie14 wrote:
How is that a frum invention?
Non jews cover their tables with plastic as well.

In which stores can you buy them besides frum stores? I’ve never seen them in any local grocery store

gingybread

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:28 pm
frozen garlic cubes! Don't think it's as much of a thing outside the frum world.

The Happy Wife

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:29 pm
rmbg wrote:
In which stores can you buy them besides frum stores? I’ve never seen them in any local grocery store

Plastic tablecloths in general, they sell everywhere as party decor. The clear plastic tablecloths I've only seem in frum stores.

pinkpeonies

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:31 pm
essie14 wrote:
Not by a longshot

lol yes it was. The guy lives in deal

And having had babies before the Doona’s invention and afterwards, it’sa life changer!!

rmbg

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:34 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:
Plastic tablecloths in general, they sell everywhere as party decor. The clear plastic tablecloths I've only seem in frum stores.

I’m pretty sure she was talking about the clear plastic…

bigsis144

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:52 pm
gingybread wrote:
frozen garlic cubes! Don't think it's as much of a thing outside the frum world.

I buy mine at Trader Joe’s! They’re the Israeli brand (Dorot, I think?), but Trader Joe’s is definitely not an all-Jewish clientele

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:01 pm
The plastic you guys are talking over each other about are referred to as plastic table covers, as in they cover the tablecloth.
I don't know why a non Jewish family would use it. Either a full plastic tablecloth or real cloth or vinyl and wash after using which we can't do on Shabbos...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:02 pm
And precut foil is found easily made by Reynolds all over, even in Costco. That's not by frum or for frum.

Chocomama

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:05 pm
Scrubber on a long stick to clean the bathtub. Ive only seen it in jewish housewares stores. So smart!

Yellow croutons from osem! How do people have soup without them!

The original bundt pan was brought to the US by European jewish women!

Debbie

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:10 pm
gingybread wrote:

When I lived in London I bought them in the general supermarket.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:14 pm
pinkpeonies wrote:
lol yes it was. The guy lives in deal

And having had babies before the Doona’s invention and afterwards, it’sa life changer!!

Are you sure? Everything Ive looked ip about the inventor of the doona says he lives elsewhere.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:15 pm
gingybread wrote:

This is most definitely sild in other stores, not just frum ones.

imamazing

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:22 pm
Shabbos scrubbee/sponge! Totally amazing for washing dishes and counter on shabbos

bigsis144

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:32 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
This is most definitely sild in other stores, not just frum ones.

My feeling (I have no data to back it up) is that a larger proportion of frum people use the frozen herb cubes than non frum

1) I see recipes by frum writers aimed at a frum audience call for “4 frozen garlic cubes” rather than “4 cloves garlic, crushed” more often than I see “frozen garlic cubes” called for in mainstream, non-Jewish recipes.

2) for kashrus, frum people are more likely to rely on the convenience of frozen chopped herbs like dill and basil rather than worrying about the hassle of checking and chopping their own fresh herbs

Last edited by bigsis144 on Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

cbg

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:33 pm
Im surprised no one said
SABBATH MODE on ovens and refrigerators
Which should have been called Yom Tov mode

happyclappy

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:37 pm
Ohr leshabbat make quite a few products.
A couple of them that I love. They do a toaster oven that has a shabbos mode so that on shabbos it works like a hotplate. You get the best of both and is especially useful when going on holiday to a non jewish rental.
They also do a shabbos kettle that is like a regular kettle, a bit more volume but not as big as the shabbos urns. So for those who don't need as much it is great. And again it can be used both weekday and in shabbos mode.
Another invention is the hard plastic sink inserts made for pesach when covering the kitchen. They are brilliant.

Chickpea

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:55 pm
1-Meat, dairy, pareve adhesive labels. Non Jews have no use for them.
2- Light switch covers, to prevent people from accidentally turning on the lights on Shabbos.

Chickpea

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:59 pm
Chickpea wrote:
2- Light switch covers, to prevent people from accidentally turning on/off the lights on Shabbos.

GLUE

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:01 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:

I have seen ones in the Tree Shop, but they where only 52inches not 108,120
I have also found that if you want to go to the store and buy table cloths that are longer then 108 you have to go to a Frum store(you can find them on-line, but if you need them now and can't wait)

GLUE

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:04 pm
Chickpea wrote:
2- Light switch covers, to prevent people from accidentally turning on the lights on Shabbos.

The easy on easy to take off yes, the only light switch covers I have seen in non-Jewish stores are ones that are suppose to stay on like by boilers.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics