Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Help me find a place to live
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:36 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Op, what is your budget? That may help narrow the possibilities more.

I really don’t know.

If we have a community (or 2) in mind then we will start to look for jobs in that vicinity.

essie14

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:46 am
amother OP wrote:
I really don’t know.

If we have a community (or 2) in mind then we will start to look for jobs in that vicinity.

What are your professions? What kind of salaries are you making now? What kind of salaries do you think you'll be making here.
The job market in far out places that aren't crowded is completely different than the job market in the center of the country.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:49 am
amother OP wrote:
I really don’t know.

I hear. But do you know how much you want or are able to spend on buying a home?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:58 am
essie14 wrote:
What are your professions? What kind of salaries are you making now? What kind of salaries do you think you'll be making here.
The job market in far out places that aren't crowded is completely different than the job market in the center of the country.

I don’t want to get too specific to out is. But DH makes very little. I work part time and don’t make much either although I have a masters and advanced trainings.

We are making it in USA. Don’t know how we will make it in Israel. But we want to live there because it’s our home. Hoping to find a community and then we can find jobs that can help us afford life with Hashems help

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:59 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I hear. But do you know how much you want or are able to spend on buying a home?

No idea. I imagine we’d rent first

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can I asked where you moved from?
Is your families hashkafah similar to my family?

I moved from elsewhere in Israel. (Trying to keep some anonymity, although I wish you could pm me). We made aliya as newlyweds but I have plenty of friends who made aliya with children.

I consider myself modern Charedi.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:07 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
I moved from elsewhere in Israel. (Trying to keep some anonymity, although I wish you could pm me). We made aliya as newlyweds but I have plenty of friends who made aliya with children.

I consider myself modern Charedi.

I have an anonymous email. Can you make one also and I’ll email you there?

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:24 pm
Dimona and Arad are affordable.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:34 pm
RBS daled is not crowded. Its spacious and half empty.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have an anonymous email. Can you make one also and I’ll email you there?

lovekarmiel@gmail.com

I don't care if you know my identity via PM. I just don't want to put it on this board.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:59 pm
Here you can see apartments for sale in Karmiel. Keep in mind, the prices will be a little lower. This is just the asking price. I have 2 real estate agents I can recommend if you decide you are serious.

You can change the filter to any city.
https://www.yad2.co.il/realest.....=1139

Charedim live almost everywhere, but most are concentrated in Dromit. The Olim tend to be in Macosh (houses) and Rabin (newer apartments).

Dromit has everything. It has free standing houses, attached houses, garden apartments, and regular apartments. But it's older construction than Rabin lets say.

Givat Ram and Maaravit have a few Charedi families but not so many. I would recommend Rabin or Macosh if you want a spacious feeling and Dromit if you want to be close to everything by foot.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 4:45 pm
Ok just to update I really have no idea what our salaries will be in E”Y and I really don’t want to be running the hamster wheel with extra jobs just to afford life.

Right now our house is worth about 250,000 and whatever we get from it will help pay debt so we won’t have anything to put down.

So I assume we will need to rent first.

Are afula and/or Karmiel going to be good for pre teens who don’t know Hebrew?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 5:26 pm
How does your 12 year old feel about moving? It can be so traumatic for a child that age.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:01 pm
OP Best to speak with the agents who are in charge of Afula Families. Also the American Rabbi and see if its a good idea. They are also families of all ages who made aliyah and can explain about schooling, buying and renting. It might be a good fit. (I do not live there).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:35 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
How does your 12 year old feel about moving? It can be so traumatic for a child that age.

Right. I know this.

We haven’t discussed it yet. First trying to see if there is a neighborhood for us.

But, you suggest I stay stuck in chul with rampant antisemitism instead?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Ok just to update I really have no idea what our salaries will be in E”Y and I really don’t want to be running the hamster wheel with extra jobs just to afford life.

Right now our house is worth about 250,000 and whatever we get from it will help pay debt so we won’t have anything to put down.

So I assume we will need to rent first.

Are afula and/or Karmiel going to be good for pre teens who don’t know Hebrew?

In Karmiel, the schools are used to the Olim and they give the Olim kids help within school. I still don't imagine the landing is as soft as rbs. Also, in every class in the school there are English speaking kids. The teachers try to be mindful of this at first. My dd has been seated next to new English speaking olot. They got a girl from a Spanish speaking country and she was seated next to a Spanish 7speaking classmate.
Principal of girl school is an English speaker.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:41 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
In Karmiel, the schools are used to the Olim and they give the Olim kids help within school. I still don't imagine the landing is as soft as rbs. Also, in every class in the school there are English speaking kids. The teachers try to be mindful of this at first. My dd has been seated next to new English speaking olot. They got a girl from a Spanish speaking country and she was seated next to a Spanish 7speaking classmate.
Principal of girl school is an English speaker.

Very helpful info. Thanks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:54 am
Is wearing lace top Sheitels shunned in E”Y?

I live in a beautiful OOT community right now. Some Rabbanim hold not to wear lace tops. But many Rabbanim say it’s ok and there are wonderful amazing solid frum ladies who wear lace top. In fact, the one rebetzin I know who does is the most genuine connected sincere person.

So now, will I find a community like that in E”Y? As I said we definitely are more charedi (DH even wears chassidic levush), but he wears colored shirts and I wear nail polish.

Do I have to give up lace tops, nail polish, colored shirts if we move to Israel?

essie14

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:59 am
amother OP wrote:

I live in a beautiful OOT community right now. Some Rabbanim hold not to wear lace tops. But many Rabbanim say it’s ok and there are wonderful amazing solid frum ladies who wear lace top. In fact, the one rebetzin I know who does is the most genuine connected sincere person.

So now, will I find a community like that in E”Y? As I said we definitely are more charedi (DH even wears chassidic levush), but he wears colored shirts and I wear nail polish.

Do I have to give up lace tops, nail polish, colored shirts if we move to Israel?

I know hundreds of chareidi women who have gel manicures and lace shaitels.
There are various shades of chareidi.

Reality

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 1:04 am
amother OP wrote:

100% you don't have to give up anything. I've never lived in Karmiel but I have heard it's a very open, warm chareidi community. In RBS, there are plenty of women like you.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions