Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So upset over bad experience with frum store UPDATE
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:59 am
shev wrote:
And you think people will stop buying from this store bec of this story. I promise you they will have business as reg. Every jewish store that have these ridiculous policies have stories with woman that are extremely frustarted.
For exa there are stores that their return policy is only same day money back and 2-3 days for store credit. Or, they only give store credit.
A manager once told me they need to do it to protect themself. People really take advantage. Idk, it became the norm so stores get away with it.

I would… and the ones who know and choose to go in there shouldn’t cry after … I stopped shopping in almost all Jewish stores for this reason sadly they r thieves

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 8:40 am
OP, send them a hazmanah from a Bais Din. They deserve to be brought to task over what they did.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:21 am
I feel you. I bought some 2 piece sets (skirt and top) and on some sets the top and some sets the bottom was out of stock (available to purchase but then the email after says what was shipped and what is no longer available and not being charged for.)
Had I known, I would either size up in the missing 1/2 or skipped the outfit, as how many things do I need to go with a plain black / navy/white shirt or skirt?
They wouldn’t take returns on what I ordered or give me free shipping on the replacement pieces. (And when I checked the website, it claimed to still have the pieces that they told me they didn’t – so their inventory/website is not accurate, meaning, I have no idea what they actually have anyway.)

mfb

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:27 am
There is actually one store that has posted on their site that they will do this

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:35 am
honestly most companies do this jewish and non jewish .. we just had this with yoox they shipped out my order and said something was out of stock in same email that the order shipped .. if a company asks you before if you still want the order that is very extra ! I think it’s pretty understandable that they can’t be asking each person any time something is out of stock if they want to continue with their order .. the issue is if they don’t tell you right away and you don’t have an opportunity to return ur items that’s where it’s retarted and not honest in my opinion..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:51 am

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:52 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
honestly most companies do this jewish and non jewish .. we just had this with yoox they shipped out my order and said something was out of stock in same email that the order shipped .. if a company asks you before if you still want the order that is very extra ! I think it’s pretty understandable that they can’t be asking each person any time something is out of stock if they want to continue with their order .. the issue is if they don’t tell you right away and you don’t have an opportunity to return ur items that’s where it’s retarted and not honest in my opinion..

Of course it's understandable to ask if customers want to proceed with the order, unless they put a disclaimer.
Especially if they charge for the full order, even the items that are out of stock.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Of course it's understandable to ask if customers want to proceed with the order, unless they put a disclaimer.
Especially if they charge for the full order, even the items that are out of stock.

yes they for sure need a disclaimer and should not charge for full order .. but most companies do not charge for something that is out of stock ..

bnm

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:59 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
I ordered matching outfits for 2 kids from Whoopies sale products one year. A sales rep called me on the phone to inform me that they couldn’t locate one size, if I preferred to remove the other one from my order. (I had other items as well)

Now I’m really thankful about the extra effort, reading this.

I had that experience with whoopi too twice. Lady was surprised that I was ok with keeping just one. 'But your kids wont match' I said for end of season sale items I am ok with not matching.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:20 am
Good Update:
They called me back & apologized that they misunderstood the situation, & they will refund me for both items. Bh

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:25 am
I have a feeling that sales rep was scrolling imamother last night..... Cool
Thanks OP for the update!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:31 am
amother Aster wrote:
I have a feeling that sales rep was scrolling imamother last night..... Cool
Thanks OP for the update!!

It was a man,
Maybe his wife saw the thread...

mfb

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:40 am
amother Foxglove wrote:

The problem is where they won’t take the other to be returned when the reason you don’t want it is because they didn’t have an item.
Even if their policy is no returns.

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:45 am
amother Foxglove wrote:

The difference here is that in your situation, same as most stores, is they tell you right away the item is out of stock and you can still return the other items if necessary

Here they only told her after the return window for the other items ended, which is not okay

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:57 am
amother Crocus wrote:
The difference here is that in your situation, same as most stores, is they tell you right away the item is out of stock and you can still return the other items if necessary

Here they only told her after the return window for the other items ended, which is not okay

yes exactly that’s what I said Smile not ok to not say right away

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:32 am
amother Foxglove wrote:

The difference is that 99% of non-jewish companies will allow you to return the rest of them without any issues. And not just for store credit but for a full refund on your credit card.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 12:15 pm
With all this matching and jewish stores in don't understand why they don't add a box on your order which says "If item must match another item please mark V in box"
Alternatively there should be a field where you can fill out information like "If Any of the sizes of item XYZ is missing please contact me by phone as I am matching my kuds"
Just as a kind reminder: If you are told important information or a promise always take the name of the person you spoke to. When having a dispute it's way more professional to say "I spoke with Chani and she promised" instead of "I spoke to the sales lady in the brown sheitel". In many circles all sales ladies have brown sheitels Smile
As a customer I always insist getting a name when dealing with customer service if any kind.

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 12:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Good Update:
They called me back & apologized that they misunderstood the situation, & they will refund me for both items. Bh

Thank you for restoring my faith in Jewish store owners. I refused to believe they would do this and hoped it was a misunderstanding.
Happy I was DLKZ, your update made me so happy, thanx!

Was hard not to jump on the bandwagon last night....but glad I held out.

shev

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 1:38 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I would… and the ones who know and choose to go in there shouldn’t cry after … I stopped shopping in almost all Jewish stores for this reason sadly they r thieves

Dont agree. Very hard not to shop in Jewish stores for older girls. The girls need tznius dresses... but I def shop first in the stores that have better return policies.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 2:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Good Update:

What were the 2 items?
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics