Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So upset over bad experience with frum store UPDATE
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:19 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Call tomorrow and ask to speak to the owner. Many saleswomen don’t care. They get a salary….

I called back and ask for the manager. He told me "call back tomorrow & I'll give you a phone number who you can argue with", and hung up the phone.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:20 pm
This is why I was so upset at the Yeshiva World News mailbag opinion piece about hurting another Jews parnassa by complaining over a bad transaction. Being a Jew means you have to be held to a higher standard. Not lower.

You should write this down and keep all evidence.
Then call the store, tell them if they dont take back the one item (the order was for 2), then you are disputing the charge AND taking them to Beis Din. The delay in returning was their request and knowing they are ehrliche yidden, you knew they would either find you the second outfit or refund the first, they think they can have their cake and eat it by delaying the return and then claiming its outside the return window.

We need to all learn from this - if you dont immediately get what you ordered, return and move on, dont hold onto hope that a frum storeowner is going to make good. If he doesnt, you are up the creek.

Can you sell the item among your friends? Or donate it as a tzedaka and zechus ?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:23 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
This is why I was so upset at the Yeshiva World News mailbag opinion piece about hurting another Jews parnassa by complaining over a bad transaction. Being a Jew means you have to be held to a higher standard. Not lower.

You should write this down and keep all evidence.
Then call the store, tell them if they dont take back the one item (the order was for 2), then you are disputing the charge AND taking them to Beis Din. The delay in returning was their request and knowing they are ehrliche yidden, you knew they would either find you the second outfit or refund the first, they think they can have their cake and eat it by delaying the return and then claiming its outside the return window.

We need to all learn from this - if you dont immediately get what you ordered, return and move on, dont hold onto hope that a frum storeowner is going to make good. If he doesnt, you are up the creek.

Can you sell the item among your friends? Or donate it as a tzedaka and zechus ?

DH said I should just give it away & not fuss over it. I'm just disappointed and upset that a frum business can be so nasty.

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:42 pm
I just had an annoying experience.
My son was outgrowing his school pants. Someone recommended a certain type of pants from a frum children’s clothing store. It’s their own brand. I never tried it before. I looked online and found it. When I realized that I was paying a lot for shipping a pair of pants I decided to try the store itself. They have a few locations and there is one in my area. I called them first to make sure they have the pants. They did. The told me it’s cheaper to buy 2 pairs because the second one is half price. The person who answered the phone made it sound like it’s the last 2 pairs in his size. She said I could pay over the phone and she’ll put it aside. After I gave her my cc number she said that the pants will be in a bag hanging on a rack in the back of the store but I should go to the counter and someone will get it for me.
The next day I went to the store. There was a very long line at the register. I looked around to see if there was a salesperson on the floor who could get my bag since I paid already. No one. So I waited on line for 20 minutes. The person by the register told me I should just go to the back and take my bag. Banging head I started searching through all the orders but my bag wasn’t there. I looked over and over again. I went back to the front and told them but they said if it’s not there then they don’t know. I paid for it! I begged them to look on the shelves behind the register. One girl looked for 2 seconds and said it’s not there. Another salesperson showed up just then and she looked too but didn’t find it. I told them it doesn’t make sense. I paid for it just yesterday. Finally the second salesperson moved some things to the side and there it was! No apologies from them!
When my son tried on the pants they were too tight for him. I went back to return it the next day. I waited in line for 1/2 hour!!! I placed the pants and receipt on the counter and was told- sorry, no returns on pants!! They said they tell everyone when they buy pants. NO ONE told me!!!!! I asked for store credit but they said the manager doesn’t let for pants. I told them that no one told me this and I would have never bought it before trying had I known.
So now I have 2 brand new pairs of pants. I’m furious with this store. Of course I will never shop there again. I think I will back charge.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:48 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
That’s crazy Op! So frustrating!!! I feel like there’s no one to talk to when these things happen and you just wonder how the people running these stores have no decency.

This kind of situation makes me very frustrated that LH prevents naming the store. Why shouldn't people be warned to stay away from a place with poor service and a nasty attitude? Maybe if there was a consequence for obnoxious customer service they'd make more of an effort to please customers and we'd all have better places to shop.

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:59 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
This kind of situation makes me very frustrated that LH prevents naming the store. Why shouldn't people be warned to stay away from a place with poor service and a nasty attitude? Maybe if there was a consequence for obnoxious customer service they'd make more of an effort to please customers and we'd all have better places to shop.

Agree!!!
It’s like they are allowed to constantly steal from us Yiden but we can protect each other??? Or a fellow hid from being robbed

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:15 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
lil legs now posts something about that on every promotional email I get.

if they tell you right away it’s out of stock I don’t think that is as bad since you can return right away .. in this case they told her they’ll try to find it and only after return window they said they don’t have it .. that is unfair .. don’t think it’s comparable to a company saying right away when you receive it that it’s out of stock because you can always return ..

shev

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:18 pm
amother Fern wrote:
Agree!!!
It’s like they are allowed to constantly steal from us Yiden but we can protect each other??? Or a fellow hid from being robbed

And you think people will stop buying from this store bec of this story. I promise you they will have business as reg. Every jewish store that have these ridiculous policies have stories with woman that are extremely frustarted.
For exa there are stores that their return policy is only same day money back and 2-3 days for store credit. Or, they only give store credit.
A manager once told me they need to do it to protect themself. People really take advantage. Idk, it became the norm so stores get away with it.

writinggirl

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:25 pm
I had an similar experience from a well known frum children’s clothing website. Mine was even worse because it was a baby gift for twins! And they only sent one and didn’t notify me or anything. I found out months later and was mortified.

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:29 pm
writinggirl wrote:
I had an similar experience from a well known frum children’s clothing website. Mine was even worse because it was a baby gift for twins! And they only sent one and didn’t notify me or anything. I found out months later and was mortified.

omg ! they didn’t send you notification of the order detail when it shipped out or anything ?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:36 pm
unrelated but I was in a lakewood store yesterday and found a beautiful dress came to the counter and asked about the return policy lady was like sorry no return policy not even same day no store credit nothing!!! on a 540 dollar dress! needless to say I dropped it and walked out..

dont think Iv seen that before.. a store with zero return policy

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:08 pm
Reminds me of the time a local frum children's store charged our card over $200 to order a suit in a specific size. In the end they were unable to order it - out of stock or something - but they claimed they couldn't refund the money.

I never even got a store credit from them.

Plain old stealing.

I've never stepped foot in there since.

Plonis bas Plonis

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:11 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
Reminds me of the time a local frum children's store charged our card over $200 to order a suit in a specific size. In the end they were unable to order it - out of stock or something - but they claimed they couldn't refund the money.

I never even got a store credit from them.

Plain old stealing.

I've never stepped foot in there since.

I can’t wrap my brain around the fact that they would charge your card before placing the order.

Not much different then finding someone’s credit card lying on the floor outside and using it to pay for your groceries Can't Believe It

And what do you mean they can’t refund the money?! If for whatever reason it won’t work to refund the card, they should be giving you the value in cash!

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:17 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
I ordered matching outfits for 2 kids from Whoopies sale products one year. A sales rep called me on the phone to inform me that they couldn’t locate one size, if I preferred to remove the other one from my order. (I had other items as well)

Now I’m really thankful about the extra effort, reading this.
Whoopi has exceptionally good customer service! They took a return which I made without a gift receipt. They are really nice!

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:19 pm
Plonis bas Plonis wrote:
I can’t wrap my brain around the fact that they would charge your card before placing the order.

Not much different then finding someone’s credit card lying on the floor outside and using it to pay for your groceries Can't Believe It

And what do you mean they can’t refund the money?! If for whatever reason it won’t work to refund the card, they should be giving you the value in cash!

If I remember correctly, it took time till they updated me that the order was never placed. Then it took several months of me coming into the store and asking to resolve this (the manager isn't here, the owner isn't here, come back tomorrow).

By then it was "too late" to cancel the charge and they claimed it was too difficult to find the transaction in their records.

They wanted me to bring in my credit card bill to find the charge. As proof? I don't know. Their system was fully computerized.

I had been using a relative's credit card... I asked for the bill but they may not have been comfortable to share it or couldn't find it either, and so the matter dragged for about a year till I gave up in disgust.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:34 pm
Send an email with detailed information and proof of purchase to customer service. If you have the names of the employees include that in the email.
In my experience written complaints have a better chance to be taken seriously.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:15 pm
writinggirl wrote:

They charged you for 2 and just sent one??

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:23 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I appreciate the posts that mention the Jewish stores that went out of their way in customer service! It makes an impression on me and I will remember to patronize them in the future!
There’s a baby store in Lakewood- Elemeno- that has a terrific return policy and is exceptionally mentchlich in general. When I gave birth I got lots of presents from there and people specifically told me they shopped there because of their easy returns and great service. It’s nice when a business is recognized for this and is rewarded with more business as a result!
Me too! Had a great experience with gifts from Elemeno! THEY ARE SO NICE!
They're also nice about using the credit I have.

amf

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:45 pm
I had a great experience with tottini
They called me during their sale about a $5 item I ordered that was out of stock, to replace or cancel
I was so impressed

tweety1

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 1:21 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
I ordered matching outfits for 2 kids from Whoopies sale products one year. A sales rep called me on the phone to inform me that they couldn’t locate one size, if I preferred to remove the other one from my order. (I had other items as well)

Now I’m really thankful about the extra effort, reading this.

I had this with britslondon more than once.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics