Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So upset over bad experience with frum store UPDATE
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:58 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
cuz that’s the card’s policy. My chase card has the same benefit

Ok I thought it’s a charge-back like they take the money back from the store. That’s not what it is?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:59 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
I'm no expert but my friend has a business and explained that disputing a charge with cc is not so simple and can really mess up the store owner.
Something about her rates going up and having the money taken off her account even if the customer didn't return the item.

If the store has a clear return policy then it's not right to use the amex refund policy unless there are extenuating circumstances like in the OP's case.

This is what I’m trying to figure out.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:00 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
I ordered matching outfits for 2 kids from Whoopies sale products one year. A sales rep called me on the phone to inform me that they couldn’t locate one size, if I preferred to remove the other one from my order. (I had other items as well)

Now I’m really thankful about the extra effort, reading this.

Yes, wanted to add that Whoopi did the same for me.
Also, OP I’m pretty good at finding items online. If you tell me what you ordered I can try and find it for you elsewhere.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:04 pm
anonymous mom wrote:
There's a popular Jewish online store with this policy. It happened to me once, so I quickly returned what I had bought and learned not to shop there again. If this happens to be the store you shopped at, I know they sell their brand to many Jewish clothing stores. Can you go to a store and check if they have what you need?

lil legs now posts something about that on every promotional email I get.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:05 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Ok I thought it’s a charge-back like they take the money back from the store. That’s not what it is?

Return protection is to protect buyers from stores with bad return policies. There are guidelines and limits per item per year but there is nothing wrong with me using my benefit if the store has a 1 day return policy on an item and I decide 2 days later that I don't like it or can't find a matching top for it etc. They also offer extended warranty for an item that breaks up to 5 years after the initial warranty ends. So ppl think it's wrong to use that too?! They even reimburse if the item is stolen within certain time frame. I can't.imagine the stores are affected

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:17 pm
anonymous mom wrote:
There's a popular Jewish online store with this policy. It happened to me once, so I quickly returned what I had bought and learned not to shop there again. If this happens to be the store you shopped at, I know they sell their brand to many Jewish clothing stores. Can you go to a store and check if they have what you need?

Yes! If I order something matching for all my kids and I don’t receive it, is is so frustrating. Lower your stock levels online so you don’t mess people over! I’ve had so many experiences where one specific store said they had what I needed and I depended on it, didn’t buy it elsewhere, and only received 1/3 of it. They are wholesalers as wellso I’m imagining they prioritize that but it makes me never want to shop there. It’s so unprofessional

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:18 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
lil legs now posts something about that on every promotional email I get.

Deleted

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:34 pm
Op I really get your frustration. I’ve had similar experiences and it’s not fun. Would you post what item you need? I somehow have a knack for finding the “one missing size” online for my sisters and friends and I’d love to try to find what you’re looking for.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:42 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
I ordered matching outfits for 2 kids from Whoopies sale products one year. A sales rep called me on the phone to inform me that they couldn’t locate one size, if I preferred to remove the other one from my order. (I had other items as well)

Now I’m really thankful about the extra effort, reading this.

I was about to post that I had this with tottini. I placed a huge order when their stuff was like $3-4 each. And they still bothered to call me about a skirt not being available, do I still want the matching top?

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:46 pm
Not to derail but to clarify about the difference of return protection and chargebacks:

Chargebacks and dispute is making a claim to the cc company that you should not pay an amount for a variety of reasons, like not consenting or not getting goods/services paid for. A case will be opened, you provide your side and the store provides theirs, and the cc company makes a decision on who wins the case. It is not good for the business for multiple reasons- they get charged a fee for every dispute opened, and too many cases made against them can cause the cc company to stop working with them.

Return protection is completely different and an actual card benefit offered on specific credit cards. It has nothing to do with the businesses and does not involve them at all. It offeres a timeline for returns under a certain amount, where the store will not accept the item (whether because of no returns or shorter return policy than offered on the benefit). You typically send the item to the cc company in exchange for the return of funds paid FROM the cc company, NOT the business. Its basically a built in return policy for any item purchased from anywhere as long as it meets the guidelines.

There is NOTHING wrong with taking advantage of the return protection if your card offeres it, it is there for a reason and meant to be used if necessary. Stores dont even know if youve made the return FYI.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:47 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
I was about to post that I had this with tottini. I placed a huge order when their stuff was like $3-4 each. And they still bothered to call me about a skirt not being available, do I still want the matching top?

I had this by tottini too. Ordered a bunch of matching pajamas online and they called me on the phone that one size was missing. Do I want to edit my order accordingly. Was so nice. But honestly it's not the regular.
If a site posts that they'll send the rest out anyways, it's store policy. But if u contact them within the return window, and they schlepped sorting the matter out, it should be on them.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:01 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
I had this by tottini too. Ordered a bunch of matching pajamas online and they called me on the phone that one size was missing. Do I want to edit my order accordingly. Was so nice. But honestly it's not the regular.
If a site posts that they'll send the rest out anyways, it's store policy. But if u contact them within the return window, and they schlepped sorting the matter out, it should be on them.

For sure. It’s just not a nice store policy. You’re not doing a favor to people selling clothing, they are purchasing something from you and they are under belief that they will receive that item in return. That is the transaction. It just shows a lack of caring about the individual customer and how it will affect them

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:13 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
cuz that’s the card’s policy. My chase card has the same benefit

which chase card?
I bought something that didn't fit and wasn't worth my while to pay for return shipping of $10 because the item only costed $20...
I didn't think for a second it wouldn't fit...I'd love to use my chase card benefits if I can.

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:13 pm
I appreciate the posts that mention the Jewish stores that went out of their way in customer service! It makes an impression on me and I will remember to patronize them in the future!
There’s a baby store in Lakewood- Elemeno- that has a terrific return policy and is exceptionally mentchlich in general. When I gave birth I got lots of presents from there and people specifically told me they shopped there because of their easy returns and great service. It’s nice when a business is recognized for this and is rewarded with more business as a result!

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:24 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
which chase card?
I bought something that didn't fit and wasn't worth my while to pay for return shipping of $10 because the item only costed $20...
I didn't think for a second it wouldn't fit...I'd love to use my chase card benefits if I can.

Why would you mess a company up like that when it’s completely not their fault and for so little money?

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:37 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Why would you mess a company up like that when it’s completely not their fault and for so little money?

Omg people please. You don’t have to know everything. But why is every other poster jumping on this return protection like it’s the greatest sin alive. GOOGLE before speaking and before accusing people.
@taupe It’s the sapphire reserve

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:05 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I appreciate the posts that mention the Jewish stores that went out of their way in customer service! It makes an impression on me and I will remember to patronize them in the future!
There’s a baby store in Lakewood- Elemeno- that has a terrific return policy and is exceptionally mentchlich in general. When I gave birth I got lots of presents from there and people specifically told me they shopped there because of their easy returns and great service. It’s nice when a business is recognized for this and is rewarded with more business as a result!

This thread is about positive store experiences. I loved reading the positive comments.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....05377

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:10 pm
Call tomorrow and ask to speak to the owner. Many saleswomen don’t care. They get a salary….

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:14 pm
How about if I ordered a dress on phone. Someone picked it up for me I don't live in that city. Dress was missing matching belt. I called them back nasty beyond attitude but said she has one I should pick it up. Sent someone again and guess what ain't a match!!! Now she said will order from company... this is already a 3-4 week story.
I should just dispute amex charge

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:16 pm
I have a feeling I know what store this happened sadly I had the same exact story.
DISPUTE the charges and I stopped shopping in Jewish stores unless it’s a absolute must evrything these days can be bought online they sell every single company besides the Jewish companies but since the Jewish companies hikes up all the prices I’d rather not buy them anyway.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics