Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So upset over bad experience with frum store UPDATE
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:04 pm
That’s crazy Op! So frustrating!!! I feel like there’s no one to talk to when these things happen and you just wonder how the people running these stores have no decency.

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:04 pm
Call and ask to speak to a manager and tell them you are going to dispute the charge.

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:07 pm
Did they send you one shoe? Smile

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:09 pm
Maybe you can find the same item in a different store? Or, if you bought a dress, maybe you can get a matching blouse and skirt.

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:09 pm
sunshine23 wrote:
I only use Amex with return protection in Jewish stores. Awful return policies and Amex will refund if store won't accept back within 90 days

I'm no expert but my friend has a business and explained that disputing a charge with cc is not so simple and can really mess up the store owner.
Something about her rates going up and having the money taken off her account even if the customer didn't return the item.

If the store has a clear return policy then it's not right to use the amex refund policy unless there are extenuating circumstances like in the OP's case.

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:10 pm
Perhaps it's a top with the matching bottom and you can't wear one without the other

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:12 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
I'm no expert but my friend has a business and explained that disputing a charge with cc is not so simple and can really mess up the store owner.
Something about her rates going up and having the money taken off her account even if the customer didn't return the item.

If the store has a clear return policy then it's not right to use the amex refund policy unless there are extenuating circumstances like in the OP's case.

she said return protection, not disputing the charge. Reading comprehension folks

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:14 pm
When you dispute using your card with that "benefit included", what actually happens is the store owner is charged the entirety of the price, is out the product, plus has to pay an extra $25 bank fee. Plus if she has too many charge backs, is at risk of getting the payment processed completely shut down. Just good to know the results on the other side of things.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:15 pm
amother Melon wrote:
Call and ask to speak to a manager and tell them you are going to dispute the charge.

I spoke to the manager. He was very nasty & kept on saying "this is store policy, we can't refund after the return window."
Such chutzpah. I'm so upset.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:16 pm
amother Silver wrote:
When you dispute using your card with that "benefit included", what actually happens is the store owner is charged the entirety of the price, is out the product, plus has to pay an extra $25 bank fee. Plus if she has too many charge backs, is at risk of getting the payment processed completely shut down. Just good to know the results on the other side of things.

No that’s not actually how it works Smile. It’s not a dispute. You can google more about if you’re interested.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:40 pm
I’ve had similar happen to me. Ordered matching dresses for three of my kids, and they sent only two and refunded the last because it was out of stock. Issue was, I had no use for matching two kids, it makes no sense! I can match all or none of them, but if two are matching (and it was oldest with youngest, the middle was missing…) the last would be extremely insulted. Issue was, I bought during a sale so they told me no returns allowed…
I was pretty frustrated! But there was no reasoning with them…

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:42 pm
amother Red wrote:
I’ve had similar happen to me. Ordered matching dresses for three of my kids, and they sent only two and refunded the last because it was out of stock. Issue was, I had no use for matching two kids, it makes no sense! I can match all or none of them, but if two are matching (and it was oldest with youngest, the middle was missing…) the last would be extremely insulted. Issue was, I bought during a sale so they told me no returns allowed…
I was pretty frustrated! But there was no reasoning with them…

Some stores say upfront during sales if something is not in stock and they cancel it's too bad on you. May not be fair but at least they say it upfront. This was wrong because it's the stores fault op didn't return it in the return window.

UQT

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:43 pm
Try to shop online by brand and see if another store has the second item you need. Most brands are carried in multiple stores. Sorry you had that experience

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:48 pm
Im sorry this happened to you. There is one particular store that does this with sales so I usually dont shop there in case they wont have one thing in stock

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:56 pm
Similar happened to me as well.
I bought some skirts online.
I was so close to free shipping so I added one skirt that I don't need to the order to make it free shipping.
They ended up being out of stock oof EVERYTHING except that one skirt.
They emailed me before they sent the order and I asked them not to send it but it didn't help.

Needless to say I and my sister's never sgopped there again

tweety1

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:44 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:

That's too bad. Op doesn't have to feel bad for the store owner. They're being ridiculous and completely unfair. Op should do what it takes to protect her money. Hopefully they might get a message that not everybody gives them a free ride.
I'm saying this as someone who was btdt with a large item. In my case I received a broken item. Brand new, broken. They refused to take it back. I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt. I asked them to send me a replacement. They didn't want to. They only wanted to repair the broken one. I disputed the charge. They were livid. I did.not.care.

anonymous mom

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:50 pm
There's a popular Jewish online store with this policy. It happened to me once, so I quickly returned what I had bought and learned not to shop there again. If this happens to be the store you shopped at, I know they sell their brand to many Jewish clothing stores. Can you go to a store and check if they have what you need?

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:55 pm
I ordered matching outfits for 2 kids from Whoopies sale products one year. A sales rep called me on the phone to inform me that they couldn’t locate one size, if I preferred to remove the other one from my order. (I had other items as well)

Now I’m really thankful about the extra effort, reading this.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:57 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
I ordered matching outfits for 2 kids from Whoopies sale products one year. A sales rep called me on the phone to inform me that they couldn’t locate one size, if I preferred to remove the other one from my order. (I had other items as well)

Now I’m really thankful about the extra effort, reading this.

Wow that's very mentchlich. Especially being they were sale items.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:57 pm
Speak to the manager. Or rather email them. Tell them youre giving them 24 hours to refund you or you will dispute the charge.
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics