Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Poll: Do you have triplets/Quadruplets/Quintuplets
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Do You have
Triplets - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Triplets - with fertility treatments  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Quadruplets - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quadruplets - with fertility treatments  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quintuplets - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quintuplets - with fertility treatments  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Started a higher order pregnancy and then lost one or more - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Started a higher order pregnancy and then lost one or more - Fertility treatments  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Always wished to have higher order multiples  
 84%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 58

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:31 am
My mother in law has a set of triplets and twins, all conceived naturally.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:36 am
amother Lily wrote:
My mother used to tell me about her neighbor in EY who had triplets twins and triplets and had 8 kids under the age of 3, this is for real. It could be it was twins triplets and twins but was at least 7.

One of my kid's teachers has a set of twins and triplets, 5 under 2!

I know another woman who had a singleton, followed by a set of twins, followed by a set of triplets. She got a lot of teasing about her next pregnancy! (it was a singleton)

I also know a woman with 3 sets of twins.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:53 am
amother Poppy wrote:

I know another woman who had a singleton, followed by a set of twins, followed by a set of triplets. She got a lot of teasing about her next pregnancy! (it was a singleton)

I also know someone who has 3 sets of twins in a ke”h very large family.

I know multiple non-Jewish people who I’ve followed their journeys over the years who have quads, quints or sextuplets.

Also between school and college I had a classmate who is a triplet and a classmate who is a quad.

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:03 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
I also know someone who has 3 sets of twins in a ke”h very large family.

I know multiple non-Jewish people who I’ve followed their journeys over the years who have quads, quints or sextuplets.

Also between school and college I had a classmate who is a triplet and a classmate who is a quad.

Six? I've never heard of..
Besides mitzraim
Quints I know 1

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:23 am
I went to seminary with a girl who was a quad, another who was a triplet, and at least 2 girls who were twins (none of their multiples, tho lol)
BYA 2015-16 anyone?? LOL

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:25 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
the results are really interesting. Because every time a poster wrote that she wishes for twins, there were a whole bunch of posters 'not understanding' how someone could even want twins Wink
Seems like everyone who doesn't have a set "Always wished to have higher order multiples"

I don't have twins and I'm in the "can't understand how anyone could want" camp. My husband is disappointed each time though (note: says the guy who will NOT be the one lugging around a watermelon-boulder for 9 months.....)

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:29 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
the results are really interesting. Because every time a poster wrote that she wishes for twins, there were a whole bunch of posters 'not understanding' how someone could even want twins Wink
Seems like everyone who doesn't have a set "Always wished to have higher order multiples"

There isn't an option on the poll for never wished for higher order multiples, or never wished for twins!

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 4:46 am
My bil is a quad. His mother had a girl, then quads, and then 2 sets of twins, Yes, that's 9 kids in 4 pregnancies! He is in his 50's, when she was expecting him it was before ultrasound etc so when she went to the dr during pregnancy they did all checkups by feeling the mothers uterus. The dr was like - there is more than 1, I think there is more than 2 but I'm not sure how many kids you are having! Surprised Surprised Surprised

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:59 am
amother Crocus wrote:
Six? I've never heard of..
Besides mitzraim

Quints I know 1

Check out Sweet Home Sextuplets. They have a singleton boy, twin boys and sextuplets-3 of each gender. They have interesting names-the girls are Rayne, River and Rawling and the boys are Tag, Blu and Lake I think. They are around 6 years old.Live somewhere in the Midwest USA if I`m not mistaken. All healthy!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:21 am
I find the results and the comments so interesting.
- Seems like people have strong want/don't want twins
- People seem to know sets of triplets (I wonder if they are all the same three sets...)
- Quads seem pretty rare
- There seems to be only one set of frum jewish quintuplets (at least that people know of)

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:39 am
When I was in seminary, I was sent as a chesed girl to a family with quintuplets.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:53 am
amother Salmon wrote:
I was in seminary with 2 girls that were quints with 3 boys. They are from Toronto and we are in our 30’s. 😃

I was in sem with you!! And now I'm related to one of the boys.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:01 am
My seminary roommate had triplet younger siblings born when her mother was in her 40s, kids #8, 9, and 10 I think? Her doctors thought it was twins until the 8th month or so.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:16 am
amother Poppy wrote:

My siblings tease me about that lol.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:18 am
amother Salmon wrote:
I was in seminary with 2 girls that were quints with 3 boys. They are from Toronto and we are in our 30’s. 😃

I know these quints too! They're the only ones I know though haven't ever heard of anyone else!

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:18 am
amother Poppy wrote:

I know her 5 under 3!

I know 2 of 3 triplets.
They’re not identical and have a triplet brother. But that’s their whole family.

On Instagram there’s a Jewish fashion person who’s an identical triplet.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:19 am
amother OP wrote:
I find the results and the comments so interesting.
- Seems like people have strong want/don't want twins
- People seem to know sets of triplets (I wonder if they are all the same three sets...)
- Quads seem pretty rare
- There seems to be only one set of frum jewish quintuplets (at least that people know of)

There’s a bunch of ppl on instagram that have quads. Only 1 Tamil had 5 at once!

A Chabad family has 4 sets of twins no singletons.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:21 am
There’s a lady in Africa with 44 kids!

BC doesn’t work for her and her husband left her to care for the kids herself.

She had multiples sets of twins triplets and quads. 1 singleton

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:57 am
amother Lily wrote:
My mother used to tell me about her neighbor in EY who had triplets twins and triplets and had 8 kids under the age of 3, this is for real. It could be it was twins triplets and twins but was at least 7.

Could it be they moved to the UK?
I was friends in sem with the triplets at the end of the family. Triplets twins triplets.

My cousin has quads they are turning 7 now.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:24 am
amother Teal wrote:
I know these quints too! They're the only ones I know though haven't ever heard of anyone else!

There's a set of quints in boro park as well. So that makes at least 2 frum sets.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more