Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Are you ready for Moshiach?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Are you ready for Moshiach?
Yes!!馃檶 Ani Maamin  
 58%  [ 65 ]
Almost ready (doing teshuva like everyone else)  
 9%  [ 10 ]
Scared of the unknown and need to do teshuva  
 32%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 111

yachnabobba

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:04 pm
I have a sheitel set and a dress picked out.
First thing I鈥檇 do is ask my currently non verbal son what he is thinking about. I can鈥檛 wait to hear him say I love you

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:09 pm
zaq wrote:
That's what people said during the Holocaust, too.

Just because we managed to survive without him then doesn't mean we can continue to do so now.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you knew he was coming today in a few minutes? How would your day look

Stay home, get dressed, stay at the window.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:15 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
What are we supposed to picture when every gadol has their own picture of the future? Some sefarim are more ominous while others focus on the happy parts. It's all so confusing.
That doesn't mean we're not ready or that we don't want him to come, there's no clarity to any of what will be, hence the fear.

If there's fear, then there's no 诪讞讻讛 诇讘讬讗转讜 happening. I can't look forward to something I fear. I think that would be a good barometer for who to learn from. Is there fear mongering? Then it's not a good fit.

Might I recommend the Rambam? Two chapters, loads of shiurim explaining it.

https://www.theyeshiva.net/jew.....achim

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:34 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
Just because we managed to survive without him then doesn't mean we can continue to do so now.

Why would you say that? Are current times worse than the Holocaust? The Crusades? The Spanish Inquisition? 讘讻诇 讚讜专 讚讜专 注讜诪讚讬诐 注诇讬谞讜 诇讻诇讜转谞讜. Why would you think we're any worse off than our predecessors were?

Virtually every era of crisis generates a wave of Messiah-frenzy that leaves credulous people ripe for exploitation by Messiah impersonators.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 7:06 pm
zaq wrote:
Why would you say that? Are current times worse than the Holocaust? The Crusades? The Spanish Inquisition? 讘讻诇 讚讜专 讚讜专 注讜诪讚讬诐 注诇讬谞讜 诇讻诇讜转谞讜. Why would you think we're any worse off than our predecessors were?

Virtually every era of crisis generates a wave of Messiah-frenzy that leaves credulous people ripe for exploitation by Messiah impersonators.

I honestly think that the Holocaust and the fact that he didn't come then is one of the biggest signs that Moshiach is coming very soon.

Now that we had such a catastrophe on such a magnitude, its the biggest test to our emunah. Some will believe in him anyway and other will say "well if he didnt come then than why would he come now?"

davka that he didnt come then is why he can come now. Moshiach coming will be sudden shock even though the world has been in preparation for his arrival for centuries and currently the events seem to be moving even faster. In hindsight we will see how it was a process but in the moment it will be a shock.

also, in today's generation every single nevuah about Moshiach came true in some form or another. That was not the case after the Holocaust. I think if he came now (meaning in the next few years) It would be "beita" but if he came after the Holocaust, it would be "bachishena".

It may drag out for another few years, maybe even another few decades chas veshalom, but I strongly think we are at the end of time. Galus is wrapping up. I think our generation will be greeting Moshiach.

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 7:44 pm
Many Emotions! Excitement, Fear, true understanding what will happen? Meaning of it happening? Techiyas Hameisim? (My parents, My Bubbies, Zaidies, Great Aunts and Uncles? Fear of being told, You need more Teshuva? There is alot of unknown.

Tao

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 7:47 pm
I think most of us just want to meet Chava and ask her, "WHAT, WHAT, WHAT was so exciting about a fruit that was worth this???"
Signed, every mother to go through pregnancy and give birth, ever

613mitzvahgirl

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 8:21 pm
I鈥檇 just bought a Shobbos outfit that I thought was going to be for Shobbos. I decided to save it for Moshiachs arrival. The outfit is still sitting in my closet. My husband and kids keep asking me to wear it. I tell them it鈥檚 my Moshiach outfit.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 2:06 am
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
I鈥檇 just bought a Shobbos outfit that I thought was going to be for Shobbos. I decided to save it for Moshiachs arrival. The outfit is still sitting in my closet. My husband and kids keep asking me to wear it. I tell them it鈥檚 my Moshiach outfit.

Beautiful idea!!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 2:18 am
amother OP wrote:
If you knew moshiach was coming today - What would you be doing?

I hope I'd be doing exactly what I do every day! I hope that what I do on a regular basis is the right thing and the best way to prepare for Moshiach.

To say Modeh Ani, to wash Negel Vasser, to get dressed in tznius clothing and wish my kids good morning with a smile. To say brachos and daven and feed my children nourishing food and help them say a bracha and give tzedakah. To make sure they get to school happily to learn Torah. To take care of my baby and keep him clean and comfortable and entertained.

I'd probably do them with an extra spring in my step and more enthusiasm and energy, but I hope overall my "regular" day is the kind of day I'd be proud to have Moshiach step in and see!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 8:41 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I hope I'd be doing exactly what I do every day! I hope that what I do on a regular basis is the right thing and the best way to prepare for Moshiach.

To say Modeh Ani, to wash Negel Vasser, to get dressed in tznius clothing and wish my kids good morning with a smile. To say brachos and daven and feed my children nourishing food and help them say a bracha and give tzedakah. To make sure they get to school happily to learn Torah. To take care of my baby and keep him clean and comfortable and entertained.

I'd probably do them with an extra spring in my step and more enthusiasm and energy, but I hope overall my "regular" day is the kind of day I'd be proud to have Moshiach step in and see!

Soo so special BH your life revolves around Torah that鈥檚 how I imagine living in the times of moshiach the world is all peaceful with the Beis Mikdash and us all living basking in the glory of the Torah and Moshiach brings that the yeshuos, refuos, the shalom in homes, communities and the world.

Looking forward to it and davening hard it鈥檚 been a rough galus (some of us are too comfortable here in galus and that鈥檚 unfortunate)

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 10:20 am
https://www.yutorah.org/lectures/1090352
Moshiach is imminent

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 10:52 am
Actually I just reread your question and I didn鈥檛 really answer. I鈥檓 sorry.
If I knew Moshiach was coming today I would get my husband and kids the best Shobbos clothes, go wait outside and wait to be told by big Rabbonim of what we should do next.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 11:10 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Moshiach is imminent

Wow! Just read the title

Rabbi Moshe Weinberger
Shaar Hagan (28) The Light of Moshiach Is Being Revealed

can you share or I鈥檒l listen while cooking for shabbos
Saw this too:
https://youtu.be/j49OYZC9XqI?feature=shared

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 11:30 am

Get this ready.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 11:31 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

Get this ready.

Beezras Hashem!!!

Thank you for sharing

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 11:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow! Just read the title

Rabbi Moshe Weinberger
Shaar Hagan (28) The Light of Moshiach Is Being Revealed

can you share or I鈥檒l listen while cooking for shabbos

It's not that fresh in my mind. It was nice and easy to follow. Perfect for cooking.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:17 am
To paraphrase a little of it but so worth listening to
Speaks about our generations thirst for coming closer to HKB鈥滺 and our and our kids never ending need for gashmius not satisfied with the amount of stuff we have and always needing more is because there鈥檚 a thirst for kedusha and we really need to fill that void.

The thirst for more kedusha in our lives will bring us all to teshuva BeH 馃檶

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:36 am
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics