Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Are you ready for Moshiach?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Are you ready for Moshiach?
Yes!!🙌 Ani Maamin  
 58%  [ 65 ]
Almost ready (doing teshuva like everyone else)  
 9%  [ 10 ]
Scared of the unknown and need to do teshuva  
 32%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 111

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:31 pm
Some days I feel very ready and some days I have so much on my mind that I get distracted from even thinking about Moshiach. We are about to enter into Adar Sheini which is a very special time. V'nahaphoch hu! Even though things look bleek Hashem can switch it up in a split second. Seems we are very close..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:03 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
But right now do you feel ready to be judged on all your deeds?

80% of the yiddin in metzrayim didn't make it out. So if we'd have posed the question 3500 years ago to the Jews in Egypt, the real answer for 80% should have been, no, we are not ready and still need more time.

I’m ready to take that chance and bring moshiach in however I can davening for it for peace and yeshuos we are in dire need of yeshuos collectively and individually

We see everyone is suffering in so many ways and it’s so difficult please Hashem let’s bring the geula

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:07 pm
amother Steel wrote:
Some days I feel very ready and some days I have so much on my mind that I get distracted from even thinking about Moshiach. We are about to enter into Adar Sheini which is a very special time. V'nahaphoch hu! Even though things look bleek Hashem can switch it up in a split second. Seems we are very close..

Rav Kanievsky said we’re in the days before moshiach if you read the weekly Binah magazine - dealing with chevlei moshiach strengthening our emunah and doing our best that’s all we are expected to do try our hardest to have yiras shomayim and shomer Torah UMitzvos each of us at our own level to fit our tafkid

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:08 pm
I'm so desperate for Moshiach to come and everything about this confusing world will become so clear! No, I'm not perfect at all, but I want to be, and I am waiting for Moshiach to come and help me finish doing teshuva!

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:38 pm
This poll is so enlightening.

bgr8ful

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:44 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Call me a heretic. I don't envision a scenario where Mashiach just arrives out of nowhere and redeems the Jewish people in one day. Mashiach is a process, and we will probably only truly recognize that he's come once he's already here.

In any case, let's imagine it your way and he announces himself today, magically ends all wars and brings the beit hamikdash down from shamayim. I still don't really see how that immediately changes my daily routine. Lots of sheilot regarding tuma and tahara come to mind. I have a feeling that would take some time for everyone to sort out

I dont think that makes you a heretic. no one knows exactly how moshiach is gonna come and I also think it might not be as quick and straightforward as we're led to believe.

as for being ready; as much as I want moshiach, and G-d knows I do, the unknown terrifies me. Even though we're told its gonna be "good", I dont know what that "good" will look like and that scares me. maybe that makes me a heretic Wink

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:45 pm
I’m ready for him to come any second even though I’ve done many sins. Anything is better than this present galus. I did teshuva to the best of my ability and I know I’m very very flawed but I have hope that Moshiach will be for everyone. I certainly hope he will come in one day and boom everything will be wonderful. I’m ready for a Krias yam suf moment! I heard somewhere that the miracles bzman moshiach will be greater than those of yetzias mitzrayim.

bgr8ful

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Rav Kanievsky said we’re in the days before moshiach if you read the weekly Binah magazine - dealing with chevlei moshiach strengthening our emunah and doing our best that’s all we are expected to do try our hardest to have yiras shomayim and shomer Torah UMitzvos each of us at our own level to fit our tafkid

every rabbi and tzaddik has been saying that for decades, its not news.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:49 pm
I'm so ready to keep the Torah like a mentch! Bring it on!

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:50 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
This poll is so enlightening.

How so? Did you not think enough of us feel ready for Moshiach?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:52 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
How so? Did you not think enough of us feel ready for Moshiach?

I didn't realize that there's a great fear surrounding Moshiach. Much education is required.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:59 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
I didn't realize that there's a great fear surrounding Moshiach. Much education is required.

I agree that education is important but don't forget, there's loads of different opinions of what will be that can further confuse and scare someone.
It's hard to believe it'll all be good when I'm not sure what will be. We need emunah more then we need education.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:16 pm
The Rebbe said the “direct path” to bring about Moshiach is learning Torah about Moshiach. I agree Emunah is important, it's the foundation. The education though literally brings Moshiach. Having a picture of the future creates the future. Our every thought creates a Malach. The picture of Geula is crucial.

You can't have that picture if you don't know.

Tao

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:22 pm
My 5 yo - "Moshiach can come tomorrow!"
Me: "Why tomorrow? He can come today!"
5yo: considering. then, "Okay. But only after I'm finished my pizza." Priorities, people LOL

In all seriousness though I don't think we'll make it to this time next year without him coming. This world is too messed up to continue this way!

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:29 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

Weren't the yidden who left Mitzrayim also scared? Nachshon is credited for jumping in to the water and trusting Hashem. It's normal to fear change and the unknown. I think we are supposed to realize that we don't even understand what we are missing out on when we r in galus and trust that Hashem will take care of us.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:31 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
The Rebbe said the “direct path” to bring about Moshiach is learning Torah about Moshiach. I agree Emunah is important, it's the foundation. The education though literally brings Moshiach. Having a picture of the future creates the future. Our every thought creates a Malach. The picture of Geula is crucial.

You can't have that picture if you don't know.

What are we supposed to picture when every gadol has their own picture of the future? Some sefarim are more ominous while others focus on the happy parts. It's all so confusing.
That doesn't mean we're not ready or that we don't want him to come, there's no clarity to any of what will be, hence the fear.

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:52 pm
AIUI, we're not supposed to speculate about acharit hayamim at all. So I don't. They'll be here when they get here and we'll find out then. Either way, I don't have a packed suitcase under the bed and I don't go around dressed for a wedding at all times just in case. Somehow I don't think it'll be a panic situation like "Honey, we need to go to the hospital RIGHT NOW." Even the original geulah, Yetziat Mitzrayim, involved a little more lead time than that.

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:53 pm
Tao wrote:
My 5 yo - "Moshiach can come tomorrow!"
Me: "Why tomorrow? He can come today!"
5yo: considering. then, "Okay. But only after I'm finished my pizza." Priorities, people LOL

In all seriousness though I don't think we'll make it to this time next year without him coming. This world is too messed up to continue this way!

That's what people said during the Holocaust, too.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:00 pm
I’d say Brachos and put on some makeup.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:02 pm
zaq wrote:
That's what people said during the Holocaust, too.

he could have come any day then too. Just because he didn’t come then doesn’t mean he won’t come now.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics