Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Anyone here born February 29th?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:20 am
I have a few family members that where born in a leap year but in adar beis Can't Believe It Can't Believe It LOL

salt

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:35 am
giftedmom wrote:
Thank you imamother for informing me that non-Jews have leap years! Live and learn

I really hope this isn't insulting, but did you really not know that every 4 years February has 29 days instead of 28?
Or have I misunderstood you?

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:44 am
Me👋

ap

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:51 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
Me👋

happy birthday Happy Birthday
cake Cheers Flower Queen

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:15 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
Me👋

cake. יום הולדת שמח. cake

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:17 am
I was so nervous a baby was due around that time. She wasn't born on Feb 29, but a few months later we realized that the one above her was born on Chechvan 30, and that's not every year! She has a birthday about half the time.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:32 am
amother Ginger wrote:
I was so nervous a baby was due around that time. She wasn't born on Feb 29, but a few months later we realized that the one above her was born on Chechvan 30, and that's not every year! She has a birthday about half the time.

My sil had that last year. I had 1st of kislev. Same English birthday though. She had in the morning, I had at night which made it on the Jewish calendar the next day. Luckily she had a girl so a bar mitzvah isn't an issue.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:34 am
Got married 29th!

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:04 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Got married 29th!

On purpose?
Just wondering.

CPenzias

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:06 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
Me👋

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁 🎊

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:20 am
a2z wrote:
On purpose?
Just wondering.

Let's assume there were more important calculations going into choosing the date ..

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:23 am
amother Catmint wrote:
Let's assume there were more important calculations going into choosing the date ..

I know that, just was wondering if they didn't go a day to here/ there for the shtik.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:29 am
a2z wrote:
I know that, just was wondering if they didn't go a day to here/ there for the shtik.

It wasn’t chosen for the 29th no- in fact I didn’t even realise it until I told a few people the date!

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:35 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Got married 29th!

That would be perfect for my husband! He would have a good excuse for not remembering our anniversary.

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 6:44 am
amother Aqua wrote:
It wasn’t chosen for the 29th no- in fact I didn’t even realise it until I told a few people the date!

👍

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 7:17 am
amother Springgreen wrote:
I am so confused

Sorry! Got to polish up my forum writing coherency.

With one of my kids, my due date was February 29th.
She was born 4 weeks early which was basically a month before her due date since February is short. Meaning I went in to the hospital on February 1, instead of having her February 29 (or March 1 had it been a non leap year)

Usually 4 weeks isn't a month early, it's more like 4.5 weeks....

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 7:19 am
happy chick wrote:
I was also confused for a minute. She was due Feb 29 and gave birth Feb 1 (about a month early). As a side note, if it wasn't a leap year, she would have been due March 1 and then the babys birthday would be exactly a month early.
I missed this, thanks for explaining!
(Baby ended up being born 2/2 in the morning)

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 7:48 am
amother Smokey wrote:
My sil had that last year. I had 1st of kislev. Same English birthday though. She had in the morning, I had at night which made it on the Jewish calendar the next day. Luckily she had a girl so a bar mitzvah isn't an issue.

Bar mitzvah would just be 1st kislev. The only one that’s not clear what to do for bar mitzvah date is whether lamed Adar aleph birthdate would be considered aleph Adar Bais in a non leap year or aleph Nissan since there’s never a lamed Adar on a non leap year.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 7:53 am
amother Latte wrote:
Bar mitzvah would just be 1st kislev. The only one that’s not clear what to do for bar mitzvah date is whether lamed Adar aleph birthdate would be considered aleph Adar Bais in a non leap year or aleph Nissan since there’s never a lamed Adar on a non leap year.

Similar thing with lamed shvat/rosh chodesh Adar. It’s quite confusing. I know this because one of my kids turned 12 on a leap year and it would have been interesting to figure out a bar mitzvah date if he turned 13 that year.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 8:08 am
Curious for those of you that have a birthday on February 29, do you celebrate on February 28 or March 1?
I'd have imagined February 28, so at least you stay in the same month, but I really have no clue..
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics