Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chasidishe instagram using secular songs with curse words?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:57 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
This is true for some . I work with very Chasidish men and there’s one guy who constantly curses , but he has no clue what he’s saying . If he did , he’d never say it .
And not one of you holy and sophisticated people has seen fit or possesses sufficient intestinal fortitude to enlighten him instead of allowing him to wallow in ignorance and unwittingly offend others as well as making himself look like scum? Admirable. (Sarcasm alert.)

No need to define the terms, just advise him that the terms he's using are offensive and are not acceptable in your workplace. Which is pretty much what you should be saying to anyone who uses profanity in your workplace.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:15 am
Do you seriously have expectations from instagram?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:17 am
What song was it?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:21 am
amother Linen wrote:
Have you ever heard a chassidish mom saying to kid, "I'm gonna give you a p****!"
She means she's gonna kiss the kid, I don't believe she's aware of the other usage of the word. Lots of such examples....

I'm laughing as I post this- I previewed this submission and the 'p' word got asterisked automatically. So there.

Pus*sy is the Hungarian word for kiss. And fu*ckenau means spatula.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:30 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
Yes this hinting is really not ok. I personally think embarrassing a woman in public is much worse than any vulgar cursing..

It’s not an obvious hint to anyone who doesn’t already know, and we are talking about someone who has a public forum. We are not discussing anything private. And we are saying nothing malicious.

Please take your judgemental attitude elsewhere.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:27 am
amother Purple wrote:
Would you give an example? Can't think of something ppl would say not knowing it's inappropriate.

Pus sy , it's a very disgusting way of calling the va Gina and people say this word to give a kiss on a booboo.

(I have not read all the responses, I was too excited to finally get this out of my system. I've heard people use it on a day to day basis and it gets under my skin)

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:28 am
LOL I see someone already posted it!

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:35 am
YounginBP wrote:
#notnice steelblue and brunette, please delete

Please delete just my answer in your comment.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:23 am
zaq wrote:
And not one of you holy and sophisticated people has seen fit or possesses sufficient intestinal fortitude to enlighten him instead of allowing him to wallow in ignorance and unwittingly offend others as well as making himself look like scum? Admirable. (Sarcasm alert.)

No need to define the terms, just advise him that the terms he's using are offensive and are not acceptable in your workplace. Which is pretty much what you should be saying to anyone who uses profanity in your workplace.

I'm the amother who said the same regarding the chassidish Instagrammer who people follow to laugh at how she is "one sandwich short of a picnic". All of these "inspirational" influencers on IG and people who know her in real life are just as fake as a $3 bill if no one ever takes the time to sit her down and talk to her.

If you see someone who clearly needs to be told they are doing something off and you don't tell them, it's on you when they realize what they did.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:47 am
amother Papaya wrote:
Pus sy , it's a very disgusting way of calling the va Gina and people say this word to give a kiss on a booboo.

(I have not read all the responses, I was too excited to finally get this out of my system. I've heard people use it on a day to day basis and it gets under my skin)

Puszi means a kiss. It became a dirty word later on.
But it means a kiss.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:48 am
amother Brunette wrote:
It’s not an obvious hint to anyone who doesn’t already know, and we are talking about someone who has a public forum. We are not discussing anything private. And we are saying nothing malicious.

Please take your judgemental attitude elsewhere.

Incredible. Continue degrading someone publicly.. it obviously brings you a lot of joy.

Btw, the frum Instagram world is really small. Most people here know exactly who is being discussed. But keep doing what makes you happy! You sound like a gem.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:29 am
Delete

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:50 am
amother Denim wrote:
Chassidish and instagram is an oxymoron…..

This 100%. If she's chassidish & an influencer then you already know somethings off.

I say this as a chassidish woman. It just doesn't mesh.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:55 am

Last edited by amother on Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:55 am
amother Linen wrote:
Have you ever heard a chassidish mom saying to kid, "I'm gonna give you a p****!"
She means she's gonna kiss the kid, I don't believe she's aware of the other usage of the word. Lots of such examples....

I'm laughing as I post this- I previewed this submission and the 'p' word got asterisked automatically. So there.

Because it means kiss in Hungarian 🤣

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:57 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
I'm the amother who said the same regarding the chassidish Instagrammer who people follow to laugh at how she is "one sandwich short of a picnic". All of these "inspirational" influencers on IG and people who know her in real life are just as fake as a $3 bill if no one ever takes the time to sit her down and talk to her.

If you see someone who clearly needs to be told they are doing something off and you don't tell them, it's on you when they realize what they did.

As anyone who follows this person can tell you, she has been trained to block people who bully her but she doesn’t differentiate constructive criticism and bullying. People have tried talking to her but she just blocks them and calls them a bully

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:02 am
amother Puce wrote:
As anyone who follows this person can tell you, she has been trained to block people who bully her but she doesn’t differentiate constructive criticism and bullying. People have tried talking to her but she just blocks them and calls them a bully

I'm talking about her friends who are also IG famous. You know who they are, they often go out to dinners and post them. These people are hurting her by allowing this to go on. If she won't listen to them, they should not be continuing to be part of the relationship in a public way. They are just endorsing her and allowing her to do this.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:05 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
I'm talking about her friends who are also IG famous. You know who they are, they often go out to dinners and post them. These people are hurting her by allowing this to go on. If she won't listen to them, they should not be continuing to be part of the relationship in a public way. They are just endorsing her and allowing her to do this.

Agreed. They are not good friends but I don’t know them personally and don’t know how to get them to stop being fake friends

dandilions

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:10 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
Incredible. Continue degrading someone publicly.. it obviously brings you a lot of joy.

Btw, the frum Instagram world is really small. Most people here know exactly who is being discussed. But keep doing what makes you happy! You sound like a gem.

I think you really misunderstood me. I said it makes me upset that someone may be laughed at. And I also said I felt bad for even thinking it. I'm not discussing this for fun, or gossiping about what I see, not one bit. Before you ask, I keep following this person as I enjoy a lot of their content.

And for what it's worth, from seeing further comments I don't even think we are discussing the same person. Also, I am not based in the US and where I live, the frum instagram world is not particularly small.

Thank you for your lovely comment calling me a gem. I guess that's something we have in common Wink

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:12 am
amother Puce wrote:
Agreed. They are not good friends but I don’t know them personally and don’t know how to get them to stop being fake friends

This further highlights the problematic nature of instagram. These people all have their public personas and the characters they play. On screen, they are all BFFs, they send each other meals when they are not feeling well which is nice (tagging the business account of the meal company), the the sick one opens it on screen (how sick are you really?), they get together for dinners, events, etc. MOST of us know how fake it all is. MOST of us. The ones who are caught up in it want to feel like they are part of the friend group. I know I don't need to go on, those who get it, get it.

If these people really cared about their "friends", they would not engage with the people who get laughed at. Its just so sad. Because I don't think the laughed at ones are in on the joke. At this point I'm not even talking about a specific IGer, it's the whole frum industry on there that's created a culture of Queen Bees and WannaBees.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics