Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Spin-off imamother reunion
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 8:36 am
safetynet1 wrote:
I did have another sn. I took a ten year break from imamother and then could not log in with the old one.

Now I'm curious what your old user name was.
When the chat option was taken down, a group of us moved it to Google chat.
It was still going for like a good 5-6 years or more. But now it's basically dead.
We update on simchas sometimes and hiiiiiii it's been a while. Lol, but that's it.
It was actually really fun.

Last edited by Tzutzie on Mon, Jan 22 2024, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 8:36 am
dankbar wrote:
That meet up I think was the most recent one, but someone brought up the thread when it was happening and it was in May 2019 so that is almost 5 yrs already. I think we're due for another one

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....28240
This was the one before the last

giselle

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:05 am
Wow I really miss some of those posters!

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:11 am
Wow! A totally different feel. Reading about 2017 meet-up. Feels like a small family, where everyone feels close to everyone, regardless of affiliation.

fiddle

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:17 am
I’ve been to two I think in Israel. Or one..?
I introduced myself under my screen name first. 10 years ago Imamother was quite different.
I took a long hiatus and come back to visit every now and then. But many of the old people are gone and it’s not my scene anymore.
I find myself sometimes scrolling and feeling the need to comment, start to post something and then just leave.

safetynet1

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:39 am
Tzutzie wrote:
Now I'm curious what your old user name was.
When the chat option was taken down, a group of us moved it to Google chat.
It was still going for like a good 5-6 years or more. But now it's basically dead.
We update on simchas sometimes and hiiiiiii it's been a while. Lol, but that's it.
It was actually really fun.

I actually went off imamother before the chatroom was gone. I wasn't part of that google chat group but I can imagine which members are. I think I remember you Tzutzie.
Is it against rules to post the imamothers that I remember from chatroom?

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:57 am
I only do 1:1 meetings, but I've met around 20 posters in real life by now.

I think a group meeting would end up being awkward at this point. But most of the time, if you PM someone in a friendly way, they are thrilled to get to know you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:42 am
ectomorph wrote:

I think a group meeting would end up being awkward at this point. But most of the time, if you PM someone in a friendly way, they are thrilled to get to know you.

Really? People pm each other asking to meet?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:44 am
ectomorph wrote:

I know which posters I’d love to meet but wiold never have the guts to pm them

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:44 am
Sometimes people don't take that so well

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:56 am
dankbar wrote:
Sometimes people don't take that so well

Maybe because I post under my screen name, people generally know who I am?

I have reached out to people for particular reasons, has never turned out poorly. Usually after interactions on the forum. So it's not entirely random.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:57 am
amother OP wrote:
Really? People pm each other asking to meet?

I certainly have. How else do you connect with people you find interesting on imamother?

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 11:01 am
I've also communicated with some people sometimes by pm, but still don't know them irl or met them.
I did meet up a few people once we both figured each others out, from the posts, but not knowing their face but affiliation, or where they belong,
Once someone pm me that she figured me out, her sis was a neighbor to my mom's summer home. I never met her though.

Twice I figured out people who were in same chassidus as me, but not in same community. By a Yom tov by rebbe, we met up.

2 other people we figured out we attend the same events from an org for support, so we saw each others there and spoke.

One person, I figured out her summer place was neighboring with my mom's, I went to the shul by davening, she saw me, but she didn't introduce herself so I have no idea who she is.

bumpkin2

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:06 pm
How fun, too bad I missed the memo. If another one pops up in Brooklyn, do count me in!

InnerMe

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:33 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Was there a recent one that I missed?

For those who asked, there was a post inviting Brooklynites to a potential BP meetup. Then a volunteer amother PM'd the women who showed interest with the time and location. Most of us shared our real names but we mostly remember just the screen names. I believe it was a bit before COVID, and I was just thinking it's time for another one!

I think that was me that arranged it but I refused to show up lol

eta: it's possible I'd attend one now. Im not sure.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:29 pm
InnerMe wrote:
I think that was me that arranged it but I refused to show up lol

eta: it's possible I'd attend one now. Im not sure.

Hey, missing you!
So nice to see your sn!
And yes, it was you that arranged! I didn’t go to that one but I went to the one in the ice cream house in 2019.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:30 pm
dankbar wrote:
I've also communicated with some people sometimes by pm, but still don't know them irl or met them.
I did meet up a few people once we both figured each others out, from the posts, but not knowing their face but affiliation, or where they belong,
Once someone pm me that she figured me out, her sis was a neighbor to my mom's summer home. I never met her though.

Twice I figured out people who were in same chassidus as me, but not in same community. By a Yom tov by rebbe, we met up.

2 other people we figured out we attend the same events from an org for support, so we saw each others there and spoke.

One person, I figured out her summer place was neighboring with my mom's, I went to the shul by davening, she saw me, but she didn't introduce herself so I have no idea who she is.

Hi Hi
I’m one of those!
And I’ve been meaning to call you for a while. Haven’t seen you in forever…

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:31 pm
I made a good friend on Imamother a good 15 years ago. She's long off the site but we're still in touch. She actually just visited me recently Smile (I live OOT)

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:54 pm
I’d really like to meet certain “famous” posters. No point in having a meetup with amother pink and blue. Would be cool to put faces to posters.

giselle

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:08 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I’d really like to meet certain “famous” posters. No point in having a meetup with amother pink and blue. Would be cool to put faces to posters.

Agreed.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics