Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DS and Dd need sharing hotel room for pesach
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:45 am
fleetwood wrote:
Honestly, I would sleep with dd and have hubby sleep with ds Its only a week..no biggie .

This was what I was gonna suggest as well.

I know you probably would ha e liked a nice room with hubby, but if you can't afford a 3rd room... I didn't have brothers growing up, but I know my friends who did, they NEVERwould have shared especially at this age.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:47 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
This this this
OP, what values do you want to teach your daughter?

I don’t understand this comment. What values are you insinuating that she is teaching ? And how is this a reflection of values at all?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:50 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
There’s “boys and girl” and then there’s an adult boy and girl.

Super inappropriate in my opinion. I would either pay for another room or split a different way.

I think modern orthodox are okay with it. The idea is why it inappropriate if their sister and brother? (Not going into details… but I’m sure you understand where their argument would go from there).

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:51 am
amother Natural wrote:
I don’t understand this comment. What values are you insinuating that she is teaching ? And how is this a reflection of values at all?

She's teaching her daughter that when she feels uncomfortable in a potentially s-xual situation she should ignore those feelings and do what is convenient or will make other people feel better.

For example, if she's staying late at work and her male boss is the only person there and she feels uncomfortable when he closes the door, she should ignore those feelings and not rock the boat.

Explicit enough?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:03 am
amother Purple wrote:
She's teaching her daughter that when she feels uncomfortable in a potentially s-xual situation she should ignore those feelings and do what is convenient or will make other people feel better.

For example, if she's staying late at work and her male boss is the only person there and she feels uncomfortable when he closes the door, she should ignore those feelings and not rock the boat.

Explicit enough?

She clearly doesn’t think a sister and brother would be doing that together. That’s why modern orthodox are okay with having a brother and sister sleep in same room and girl wear pants in front of her brother. How common is incest? I don’t think common enough to worry about it. A boss is very different than a brother or father.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:07 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
She clearly doesn’t think a sister and brother would be doing that together. That’s why modern orthodox are okay with having a brother and sister sleep in same room and girl wear pants in front of her brother. How common is incest? I don’t think common enough to worry about it. A boss is very different than a brother or father.

This really isn't a true generalization at all, not even in the secular world. And how is it comparable to girls wearing pants in front of their bothers???? One has nothing to do with the other. She wants her privacy & personal space. That's not outrageous for an adult.....

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:10 am
When I was engaged my brother and I shared a room for about two months. I was 20 he was 22. Now it was a bit strange but what’s a better option? Sleeping on the couch?

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:11 am

Halachic issues aside.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SHE THINKS.
HER DAUGHTER IS UNCOMFORTABLE WITH IT!!!
What else needs to be said?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:11 am
amother Cherry wrote:
When I was engaged my brother and I shared a room for about two months. I was 20 he was 22. Now it was a bit strange but what’s a better option? Sleeping on the couch?

Yes the couch is 100 times better

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:12 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
This really isn't a true generalization at all, not even in the secular world. And how is it comparable to girls wearing pants in front of their bothers???? One has nothing to do with the other. She wants her privacy & personal space. That's not outrageous for an adult.....

I’m sure not Jewish girls and boys (sister and brother) would share rooms together. In fact, they’d go further than that as well and have friends sleep in their room. But, I really doubt the sisters and brothers are having incest together.

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:12 am
amother Cherry wrote:

I'd say yes. Definitely.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:13 am
amother Cherry wrote:

Yes, sleeping on the couch is definitely the better option!

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:14 am
I’m sure not Jewish girls and boys (sister and brother) would share rooms together. In fact, they’d go further than that as well and have friends sleep in their room. But, I really doubt the sisters and brothers are having incest together.

You're wrong, but this isn't about incest. This is about and adult expressing her discomfort regarding a choice her parents made for her that she's being forced in to. The parents should respect her discomfort and work something else out.
It's not a must to go to a hotel for pesach.

amother
Peru

I don't want to pop your bubble, but I want to pop your bubble.

amother
Forestgreen

Don’t doubt anything you can look at statistics and non Jews 100% separate genders as teens.

graphic613

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:16 am
I would sleep in the same room as the daughter and get my husband to sleep in the same room as the son. I also liked the idea of getting a room with an adjoined door and keeping it open. But definitely speak to a rav about this.

And to the poster who said the 22 year old shouldn't have to pay for her own room because her parents decided to go away- I think it is more complicated than that. I think some parents would tell her she has to pay for her own room or at least pay towards it.

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:17 am
OP I have a question for you.
Do you want to sleep in the same room as your father and brother for a week?

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:19 am

Where does modern Orthodox come in here exactly? You "think" they are ok with it? I'm guessing you don't actually know MO people that well.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:21 am
amother Purple wrote:

Explicit enough?

It wouldn’t occur to me that this is a zxual issue. I thought it was privacy.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:22 am
graphic613 wrote:
I would sleep in the same room as the daughter and get my husband to sleep in the same room as the son. I also liked the idea of getting a room with an adjoined door and keeping it open. But definitely speak to a rav about this.

And to the poster who said the 22 year old shouldn't have to pay for her own room because her parents decided to go away- I think it is more complicated than that. I think some parents would tell her she has to pay for her own room or at least pay towards it.

It shouldn't be complicated. She shouldn't be made to pay because her parents decided to go to a hotel for pesach & couldn't be bothered to make proper arrangements.
It's not that complicated at all.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children