Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Solar Eclipse 2024
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 2:15 pm
we went. it was really amazing! I'm so glad we did. but we also travelled less then an hr each way so Wink

curious about the source from the chafetz chaim, to me it made intuitive sense to see it but would love a source.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:39 pm
I saw totality in my backyard in Montreal!
Was really unbelievable!!! Such an awesome thing to see!!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Someone sent around a video of total eclipse in Chile and it was pretty amazing to see (even if video distorts it- and obviously in person in incomparable).

Can you post it?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:50 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Can you post it?

I don't know how to :-(

applepie

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:56 pm
Wow. What an incredible experience

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:59 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
we went. it was really amazing! I'm so glad we did. but we also travelled less then an hr each way so Wink

curious about the source from the chafetz chaim, to me it made intuitive sense to see it but would love a source.

There’s an article on YWN about it.

patzer

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 5:59 pm
Does anyone know how to post photos here?

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 11:26 am
We watched it in NE Vermont, and all I can say is WOW!!! Sometimes I get nervous wondering if something I'm excited about will leave me disappointed, but trust me when I say that experiencing complete totality is worth the hype and there are no words to describe it!!

miami85

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 11:30 am
We travelled 2 hours away, but we left with enough time to avoid traffic and we lingered in that city to make sure we wouldn't get stuck in traffic. It was a 12 hour trip in total, but we went to a park, we went to a museum and we visited friends in the city where we were.

I feel bad for anyone in my town who thought "96% is good enough" There is NO comparison to partial to totality.

I hope this memory lingers in my kids' minds for a long time.

miami85

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 11:41 am
InnerPrincess wrote:
Sooo....
Lakewood had a nice cloudy afternoon.

I'd love to hear experiences from those who traveled/were in the path!

Can you share?

I went to see it after just-barely-missing it in 2017 and my reaction is 99% is NOT even CLOSE to 100% in terms of the experience. The glow and luminescence of the Sun/Moon overlap is truly awesome that photos and videos do not capture the gorgeousness of it. One of my kids described it as a "magic portal in the sky". To experience "9pm at night" at 3pm in the afternoon is beyond surreal. To see the planets in "broad daylight" to see how fast it goes from light-to-dark and then back to light is AMAZING. The hype was SO worth it. I truly feel badly for anyone who missed this. The next on in North America isn't for another 20 years and will only be visable in Montana and North Dakota. It's not something that you make a bracha on, but it is SO awe inspiring you feel like you should say something. It's captivating and I thought 3 minutes plus would be a "long time" but it was SO short at the same time.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 1:17 pm
Fascinating what Dansdeals posted:
Those who watched the partial eclipse thought it was cool but wouldn't travel to see it.
Those who watched the total eclipse thought it was awesome and would definitely travel again to see it.

After seeing the one in 2017, we knew we're going to make this one happen. It was totally awesome!!!

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:24 pm
Went to Burlington VT.
It was totally amazing and worth the trip.
It took 4 hours to get there.
It took many,many hours to get back ( we ended up stopping at a hotel and crashing there..in our clothes, etc.)

But it was 100% worth it, and wish I could do it again soon.

I agree, watching it, I was thinking, "I can't believe that there isn't a bracha to make on this!"
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics