Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Did any of you grow up reading Gordon Korman books?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 4:48 pm
There is a website where you can read old books for free archive.org. I reread all my favorite Gordon Korman books recently.

cbsp

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 5:27 pm
Anyone else read Linked?

GLUE

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 6:12 pm
URHL wrote:
Has no one mentioned "who is Bugs Potter"?!?!
That was my absolute favorite!!!

I forgot he wrote that one, very funny

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 6:41 pm
Awesome thread! I live in Thornhill where Gordan Korman grew up - I'm a librarian here and his parents came into the library to visit and brought a whole bunch of autographed books - including an original printing of This Can't Be Happening at MacDonald Hall - we don't take donations for the library so I got to keep what I wanted :-)

Huge fan of his books! He has also written part of the 39 Clues series - loved that series too!

Tried watching the movies they made of the MacDonald Hall books...weren't for me.

imthatawesome

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:02 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
Awesome thread! I live in Thornhill where Gordan Korman grew up - I'm a librarian here and his parents came into the library to visit and brought a whole bunch of autographed books - including an original printing of This Can't Be Happening at MacDonald Hall - we don't take donations for the library so I got to keep what I wanted :-)

Huge fan of his books! He has also written part of the 39 Clues series - loved that series too!

Tried watching the movies they made of the MacDonald Hall books...weren't for me.

That’s so cool!

Yeah forgot about the tv series. It wasn’t great

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:27 pm
cbsp wrote:
Anyone else read Linked?

Yes. Thought it made a good point but wasn’t his best written book…

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:48 pm
amother Apricot wrote:

I didn't know he grew up in Thornhill, that's awesome! Not sure how old this series is but the chasing the falconer is great!

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:22 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Any tips for finding No Coins Please? I turned my middle school kids in to big fans buying what I could find but I think no coins is the best one. Even a secondhand copy
Looking for a copy in Israel but Canada is an option. Not US

I'm in the US, and I can't find No Coins Please for less than 40$. Crying

Some other books not mentioned yet: Don't Care High - for teens. Similar type to Semester in the Life of a Garbage Can and maybe Son of Interflux.
Also, Our Man Weston. It's an older book. Obscure. For middle schoolers. I only read it once as a kid. I remember that I liked it but I don't really remember the story.

Also, why are his older books out of print? It's weird.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:28 pm
Yes, I read them over and over and loved them!
And I just went onto ebay to order some older ones Smile

I'm also looking for no coins please and can't find it for less then $40

Wolfsbane

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:30 pm
Is he the one who wrote the Everest books?

GLUE

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:58 pm
Wolfsbane wrote:
Is he the one who wrote the Everest books?

yes

imthatawesome

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:07 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
I'm in the US, and I can't find No Coins Please for less than 40$. Crying

Some other books not mentioned yet: Don't Care High - for teens. Similar type to Life in the Semester of a Garbage Can and maybe Son of Interflux.
Also, Our Man Weston. It's an older book. Obscure. For middle schoolers. I only read it once as a kid. I remember that I liked it but I don't really remember the story.

Also, why are his older books out of print? It's weird.

Ooh I loved our man weston

GLUE

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:09 pm
imthatawesome wrote:
Ooh I loved our man weston

I don't remember what's it's about can you give a short summery?

imthatawesome

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:50 pm
GLUE wrote:
I don't remember what's it's about can you give a short summery?

Twins get a job at a hotel. One of the twins is a follow-the-rules type while the other is always convinced that there’s a conspiracy going on. He decides that there’s a spy at the hotel that’s going to try to steal a plane from the nearby Air Force base. For the first time hid theory is actually right but his twin doesn’t believe him. Conspiracy twin (Weston) although right about the theory, suspects random hotel guests of being the spies and tries to catch them in the act

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:54 pm
I'd love to buy my kids some of these books. any links to where to find them at decent pricing?

GLUE

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:56 pm
imthatawesome wrote:
Twins get a job at a hotel. One of the twins is a follow-the-rules type while the other is always convinced that there’s a conspiracy going on. He decides that there’s a spy at the hotel that’s going to try to steal a plane from the nearby Air Force base. For the first time hid theory is actually right but his twin doesn’t believe him. Conspiracy twin (Weston) although right about the theory, suspects random hotel guests of being the spies and tries to catch them in the act

Thank you, now I remember it

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 11:18 pm
I’m laughing - I read all these books and did not pick up on any of the inappropriate things!!! I think it depends on how old and educated the child is it might go right over yhier head

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 11:49 pm
I want to go home is still my absolute favourite book!

“What is this material?”

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:38 am
YES! Loved them!

agreer

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:46 am
The Twinkie Squad was my favorite book in junior high. I must've read it a ton of times.

It was the first time I read something so original... I felt like I found my weirdos.

I would love to read it again!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room