Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
"Frum influencer" promoting Xmas music
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Cookin4days

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:23 am
This thread should be shut down, you basically named her in your post. Newsflash an influencer no matter how big or small does not need to cater to your ways. Everyone does thing their own way n she has stated that.

amother
Dill

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Many filthy movies are directed and/or produced by Jews as well.
The guy who started playboy was Jewish.
Does not make it ok.

Side point, but this is not true. Hugh Hefner was an Episcopalian from Nebraska. His parents were very religious and wanted him to be a missionary. He has zero Jewish ancestry whatsoever. Not sure where you got the idea but let’s not spread rumors.

I don’t think there is anything inherently wrong with listening to commercialized Xmas songs that have zero to do with religion. I also don’t think there is anything wrong with being against it though, everyone can make that decision for themselves.

What I do find off about this whole situation is that you felt the need to personally reach out to a stranger online to judge her about her choices. If you don’t like her decisions, unfollow her. Why on earth are you confronting her about something that’s clearly a personal decision? It must have been pretty aggressive as well if she’s blocked you because of it.

That is what’s messed up to me about this whole thing.

tweety1

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:11 am
amother Dill wrote:
Side point, but this is not true. Hugh Hefner was an Episcopalian from Nebraska. His parents were very religious and wanted him to be a missionary. He has zero Jewish ancestry whatsoever. Not sure where you got the idea but let’s not spread rumors.

I don’t think there is anything inherently wrong with listening to commercialized Xmas songs that have zero to do with religion. I also don’t think there is anything wrong with being against it though, everyone can make that decision for themselves.

What I do find off about this whole situation is that you felt the need to personally reach out to a stranger online to judge her about her choices. If you don’t like her decisions, unfollow her. Why on earth are you confronting her about something that’s clearly a personal decision? It must have been pretty aggressive as well if she’s blocked you because of it.

That is what’s messed up to me about this whole thing.

Did you see her stories on Instagram? I went to check her out. I knew who op is talking about because she mentioned she posts details about her kids medical condition. I don't blame op for messaging her. I'm sorry to say but she's a disgrace for klal yisroel.

amother
Bellflower

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:17 am
tweety1 wrote:
Did you see her stories on Instagram? I went to check her out. I knew who op is talking about because she mentioned she posts details about her kids medical condition. I don't blame op for messaging her. I'm sorry to say but she's a disgrace for klal yisroel.

Define Klal Yisroel. I’m part of Klal Yisroel, and I don’t agree that she’s a Disgrace.

Cookin4days

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:40 am
tweety1 wrote:

I don’t know her well, but you’re saying she’s a disgrace for listening to Xmas music? Or she’s done other things .. bcs my mom listens to Xmas music and would never call her a disgrace

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:46 am
tweety1 wrote:

Was a reply like this needed at all? And on a fast day.
Please. This thread needs to be deleted or locked.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:54 am
I never followed her. I occasionally check her page for her plus size clothing content and clearly, yesterday was a bad day to check.

Yes, everyone should do their own thing and should be left alone.

However, she initially asked on one of her story posts "what do you think?" And so I responded what I thought. She responded to me, essentially disagreeing that it's Xmas music since it's more about jingle bells etc. I responded again that I disagree and explained that she represents orthodox Jewish observance to 85K followers on instagram and 100K+ on tiktok and she is telling her followers that this is halachicly permissible when it likely is not. Then she blocked me.

A large part of her online presence is all about sharing with secular and non affiliated people what it's like to be an Orthodox Jew. It's one thing to say that listening to Xmas music is a guilty pleasure but she took it an entire step further by promoting a specific non Jewish singer's Xmas concert that she proudly attended and defending that her choice to do so is completely permissible in terms of Halachah.

Furthermore, the instagram account of a frum publishing company responded to her instagram reel with an 😢😢 emoji and this influencer bashed them on her page.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:58 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Why wouldn’t we be allowed to discuss the content a public figure puts on her public platform?

It’s Lashon hara.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 9:00 am
amother OP wrote:
I never followed her. I occasionally check her page for her plus size clothing content and clearly, yesterday was a bad day to check.

Yes, everyone should do their own thing and should be left alone.

However, she initially asked on one of her story posts "what do you think?" And so I responded what I thought. She responded to me, essentially disagreeing that it's Xmas music since it's more about jingle bells etc. I responded again that I disagree and explained that she represents orthodox Jewish observance to 85K followers on instagram and 100K+ on tiktok and she is telling her followers that this is halachicly permissible when it likely is not. Then she blocked me.

A large part of her online presence is all about sharing with secular and non affiliated people what it's like to be an Orthodox Jew. It's one thing to say that listening to Xmas music is a guilty pleasure but she took it an entire step further by promoting a specific non Jewish singer's Xmas concert that she proudly attended and defending that her choice to do so is completely permissible in terms of Halachah.

Furthermore, the instagram account of a frum publishing company responded to her instagram reel with an 😢😢 emoji and this influencer bashed them on her page.

Unless youve asked many different rabbanim what is or is not allowed, you dont know if it is.

Op, but even with all of that said, why the need to post this negative story? There is no point other than anger at her and pure lashon hara.

Amarante

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 9:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Does not make it ok.

Hugh Hefner was not Jewish.

He was born a Methodist and was officially an atheist who believed all religions were myths.

Larry Flynt wasn't Jewish either FWIW

tichellady

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 10:47 am
This should be the worst of your worries right now

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 11:11 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Unless youve asked many different rabbanim what is or is not allowed, you dont know if it is.

Op, but even with all of that said, why the need to post this negative story? There is no point other than anger at her and pure lashon hara.

to warn frum mothers of teens...
so many frum people follow her and than the culture seeps in... young people idolize her...
I see on some young frum couples status posing specifically with decorated tree (as I've seen on her page in padt years).... They havn't picked this up from their family...

Amarante

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 11:18 am
The ultimate x-mas Song for the Jews. LOL LOL

octopus

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 11:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Does not make it ok.

Hugh hefner was not Jewish!

Cheiny

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:01 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Disagree.
If it talks about Xmas, it’s a Xmas song. So the above is most definitely a Xmas song. It’s not a religious song, but definitely a Xmas one.

Agree. And since we’re told that it’s assur to even say the (x-mas) word out, if the song would cause you to sing along and say it that would be problematic among other things.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:21 pm
Hmm which is worse:
1/ a frum person talking about Xmas music
2/ a three page thread on Asara
bTeves bashing a frum person who’s all but named for every little thing you disagree with?
I know my answer and I pray that she doesn’t see this because even if she’s an influencer she’s a person.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:26 pm
tweety1 wrote:

This is uncalled for.

amother
Dill

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:28 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Agree. And since we’re told that it’s assur to even say the (x-mas) word out, if the song would cause you to sing along and say it that would be problematic among other things.

Who’s we? I’ve never heard it’s assur to say the word Xmas. Nor that it is a halachic issue to listen to Xmas songs.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:54 pm
amother Dill wrote:
Who’s we? I’ve never heard it’s assur to say the word Xmas. Nor that it is a halachic issue to listen to Xmas songs.

Because its saying the word ch---t.

singleagain

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 2:24 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Because its saying the word ch---t.

Not everyone holds that the word Christ is a bad word.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics