Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
"Frum influencer" promoting Xmas music
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:35 pm
It's asara bteves ppl!!!!!!
Can we try to behave 1 day of the year and stop judging ppl??

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Many filthy movies are directed and/or produced by Jews as well.
The guy who started playboy was Jewish.
Does not make it ok.

Hugh Hefner? He wasn't Jewish. But in general, I agree with your sentiment.

If you are marketing yourself as a "frum influencer," or if the fact that you are a
frum Jew is in any way part of your "brand," it seems odd to incorporate xmas music as part of your "product." Unless it is a sort of shout-out to her Christian followers.

Who is the audience for this influencer? Are there many non-Jewish followers?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:41 pm
I was mistaken regarding Hugh Hefner.

This influencer has a large following of all backgrounds both Jewish and not Jewish...
that's largely why it bothers me. She's promoting a version of Jewish orthodox observance that may actually be assur. And she said that disagreeing with her is "bullying a baalas teshuva" which essentially is playing victim to shut down any dialogue.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
A frum influencer with a large instagram and tiktok following has been promoting Xmas music on her platform and has aggressively defended that it's halachicly permissible and to stop bullying her for her stance. I got blocked tonight for disagreeing with her.

There’s something called open orthodox. I can see it flying by them.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was mistaken regarding Hugh Hefner.

This influencer has a large following of all backgrounds both Jewish and not Jewish...
that's largely why it bothers me. She's promoting a version of Jewish orthodox observance that may actually be assur. And she said that disagreeing with her is "bullying a baalas teshuva" which essentially is playing victim to shut down any dialogue.

You’re referencing open orthodox?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:53 pm
She doesn't identify as open orthodox. She identifies as plain old orthodox Jewish.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
She doesn't identify as open orthodox. She identifies as plain old orthodox Jewish.

Yep, that’s how open orthodox identifies. Identifying as something vs actually being that thing in our generation are different things. In our generation you can identify as anything you want.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:16 am
amother NeonGreen wrote:
I found the page.

I don't care what people do or what they call themselves. I care when they claim to represent everyone else. Like a different person who shall not be named who says she "shares her orthodox life" but then posted against Israel and pro "peace".

If you want to be stupid, or if you want to do your own thing, do it under your own name. Not in the name of all of orthodox Judaism.

Rant over.

Wait, what?? An orthodox, or even remotely orthodox woman posts against Israel??

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:17 am
amother Taupe wrote:
Yep, that’s how open orthodox identifies. Identifying as something vs actually being that thing in our generation are different things. In our generation you can identify as anything you want.

She isn't open orthodox

yellowroses

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:31 am
Just adding my two cents to this thread, apparently most x mas music were written by Jews! It doesn’t make it ok to listen to them, but I think it’s extremely funny 😂.

Last edited by yellowroses on Fri, Dec 22 2023, 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 2:34 am
amother Teal wrote:
Here's a quick fix. Stop following influencers. Why do you need these people in your life?

This. Lets scream it from the roof top.
Ladies, instagram or any other social media platform is just that. A platform for people to say what they think. If it speaks to you, great. If not, dont make an issue about what some random person is doing. Get off and stop following.
And anyone who is called a so called influencer is, in reality, always still.going to be some random person looking for a platform.

Really sad how much people invest in what others think is actually influential or not.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 2:37 am
Just unfollow. Do you think talking about how someone has halachic or hashkafic views you disagree with beings good into the world? Is there any good that will come from a thread about this person?

amother
Lightcoral

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 3:28 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Just unfollow. Do you think talking about how someone has halachic or hashkafic views you disagree with beings good into the world? Is there any good that will come from a thread about this person?

To spread awareness.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 3:31 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
To spread awareness.

Of what? That she uses xmas music? Doesnt anyone following them clearly see that???

To talk about the idea of influencers in general using xmas music is one thing, but people have posted details that point to a specific person. What is the purpose of specifically telling everyone on imamother a specific person does something you disagree with?

SuperWify

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 3:37 am
It bothered me a lot when pretty frum looking influencers posted the Wednesday Addams (originally Taylor swift I believe) song - I’ll dance dance dance… not even taking out the word JC.

I get that it’s a catchy song, doesn’t make it ok.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 3:39 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
To spread awareness.

As loveshashem said, of what?
Why does anyone need awareness of what sone random woman on instagram is saying or doing?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 4:05 am
amother Crystal wrote:
Did you know that the most popular Xmas jingles were composed by Jews?

Being Jewish doesn't make it permissible.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 6:44 am
amother Cerise wrote:
Wait, what?? An orthodox, or even remotely orthodox woman posts against Israel??

Not surprised if your a part of a certain group where anything flies

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 6:58 am
amother Crystal wrote:
Did you know that the most popular Xmas jingles were composed by Jews?

Did you know that Christianity was founded by a Jew?

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:12 am
You don't follow her for her inspiration or for religious purposes. That's not her strength. You follow her for entertainment. She's darling, and wonderful in her other ways. Who cares what music she Listens to , or the shows she watches?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics