Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Matisyahu
  Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17  Next

MahPitom

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 11:13 am
I can do a mean imitation of him and all rap stars out there… any takers?

Motek

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 10:51 am
Kenneth Cole "We All Walk In Different Shoes" Ad Featuring Matisyahu with his new look:

http://hamercaz.com/hamercaz/s.....Video

octopus

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 4:40 pm
I haven't really read through the whole thread - just snippets here and there.

I will add this. Some music is inherently nonspiritual. I don't think rap is spiritual. I find rap to be very angry. I don't find reggae to be particularly spiritual either. I don't feel it in my soul.

With that being said, in one of my college courses, an italian student brought in a clip of mattisyahu for a project she was doing. The black ladies from the island were dancing in their seats listening to it. I thought that was funny. He happens to be very popular.

The clip that motek posted is sad.

chavamom

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 5:38 pm
happy2BaMommy wrote:

The clip that motek posted is sad.

Why sad?

octopus

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 5:52 pm
well, maybe I'm reading too much into the clip, but it sounds from his answer that he struggles with regards to drugs. Not saying he does them- but sounds like there is still a struggle. Also with the way he was spacey during the interview...Also, he seems a little disenfranchised with judaism. It seems that he is struggling right now...

sarahnurit

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 4:51 pm
He is a jew that searches...it's healthy to have questions, not to be a passive person...I think that it's not up to us to judge him or to imply things from his behavior...
...and about music, I am a musician and I can tell you that not everybody is touched by the same music, so also reggae or hip hop could bring a person to meditation or closer to G-d.

mama-star

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 9:24 pm
it seems the way the did the video that they cut-and-pasted his answers in, it doesn't seem to be a flowing conversation, and a couple of the responses were exactly the same, same facial expressions, etc... I think they pulled a cheap trick on him.

mimivan

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 9:36 pm
Good points, Sarah Nurit...

Great ad, but its an ad for shoes and we don't even see his shoes! Very Happy I guess they aren't selling shoes but selling an "attitude."

octopus

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 9:38 pm
mama-star, maybe they did cut and paste. It was just a very weird clip imho.

mama-star

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 9:47 pm
yeah, it was totally weird.

Clarissa

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 9:56 pm
I love the ad. I'm guessing he's not wearing Kenneth Cole shoes because they really hurt. Ever try them on? Ouch.

Lady Godiva

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 11:11 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I love the ad. I'm guessing he's not wearing Kenneth Cole shoes because they really hurt. Ever try them on? Ouch.

I have Kenneth Cole shoes that don't hurt... Confused

About Matisyahu, he seems depressed in the interview posted here. I think he's an extremely talented individual and I hope he finds happiness...

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 11:40 pm
very weird interview. I agree, looks like it was edited.
When he was asked about if religion makes him happy, I was very shocked to hear him say no.
I always assumed BT's appreciated yiddishkeit more than FFB's, ( not as a fact, but seen many times) and they embrace religion with a vigor and joy.. was upset to see he did not portray that!

( please don't start bashing me that you are a FFB and you DO embrace our religion with joy... or you are a BT and it is not fair of me to have such expectations... I do, so sue me)

MOE

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 11:52 pm
I dont really care about the relegious conotations to his music....I actually think it sucks......and this interview is boring I want to pull my eyes out yawn

Bambamama

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 11:55 pm
I agree, we really don't know what kind of editing took place. It could be when asked about whether religion makes him happy, he said "No." (long pause)... "(insert here deep answer about why religion itself doesn't make him happy but the knowledge of G-d and the ability to serve him with his G-d given gift, among other things, makes him happy...)" We just don't know what was cut out of there.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 11:56 pm
Bambamama wrote:
I agree, we really don't know what kind of editing took place. It could be when asked about whether religion makes him happy, he said "No." (long pause)... "(insert here deep answer about why religion itself doesn't make him happy but the knowledge of G-d and the ability to serve him with his G-d given gift, among other things, makes him happy...)" We just don't know what was cut out of there.

true.

mimivan

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 11:59 pm
I agree with bambamama...

The woman inerviewing him was so annoying in her manner of questioning him, I wouldn't put anything past her/them...

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 1:02 am
happy2BaMommy wrote:
well, maybe I'm reading too much into the clip, but it sounds from his answer that he struggles with regards to drugs. Not saying he does them- but sounds like there is still a struggle. Also with the way he was spacey during the interview...Also, he seems a little disenfranchised with judaism. It seems that he is struggling right now...

I thought you were referring to the Kenneth Cole ad!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 9:22 am
I just watched that interview.
I'll have to agree with Motek that it was a saaaaaad interview. He was really not at his best and I highly doubt it did him too good in terms of PR. And I disagree about her questions being annoying. The way he looks and the words he sings are an invitation to these questions! He appeared VERY down. And when she asked him whether he stopped taking drugs he said something like "More or less". Tsk, tsk. THAT is not a Kiddush Hashem, Friends. Confused

momofqts

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:30 am
I would not want my kids to listen to his music - I am not sure which crowd in the jewish world he is trying to reach, I guess a chabad house on college campus.
for the record - he is not lubavitch. he switched groups awhile ago. I think he still lives in CH but that does not make him lubavitch
Page 16 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics