Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Exclusively formula feeding question
Previous  1  2

amother
Acacia

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 1:44 pm
No they go down.

At the time I felt like Katie Price.
Your breasts often change AFTER breastfeeding.
They can get bigger, saggier and unequal.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 1:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm planning to formula feed my baby from birth iyH. Will I get meds to stop the milk coming in, or do I just suffer through it?!

I don't breastfeed. I did try for my first 2 but I didn't have much and they lost weight.
After that I didn't even try.
No milk ever came in, I didn't experience any discomfort at all.
Guess there was no milk for me to feel discomfort from.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 3:01 pm
It was super uncomfortable for me for two days. I used iced packs didn’t take hot showers and generally avoided stimulating them. My breast’s are still bigger than they were prepregnancy but I’m not so far postpartum.
They didn’t offer me any pills to take…

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 3:27 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Hi - don’t have kids yet. Can someone please answer, if you don’t express milk and don’t take pills, do your breasts stay bigger after? What’s the story with that? If also heard that if you breastfeed they get smaller after? Sorry if tmi, would appreciate an answer

When you’re engorged they’re large, when your milk dries up you go back to normal

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 3:27 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
No they go down.

At the time I felt like Katie Price.
Your breasts often change AFTER breastfeeding.
They can get bigger, saggier and unequal.

Who’s Katie price?

amother
Quince

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 3:32 pm
Hi I had to take meds. I have a very strange condition related to breast feeding. And the milk wouldn't dry on its own. I got mastitis and fever a day after my baby was born. However I also over produce. I only found this out after dealing w it over months with my first. Meds were bromocriptine. I took it right after birth following my other children. It saved me a lot of torture. My obgyn prescribed it.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 3:54 pm
I stopped breastfeeding after 3 weeks, I had borrowed a pump from a gemach so I continued pumping after that about two to three times a day and then decreased slowly and after about 10 days I didn't need to pump anymore.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 4:00 pm
Such an interesting question.
I struggle so much with milk production; I nurse round the clock after birth and it takes forever for milk to come in and it's never enough milk
I wonder what would happen if I didn't attempt at all
I feel like no milk would come

amother
Moonstone

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 4:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm planning to formula feed my baby from birth iyH. Will I get meds to stop the milk coming in, or do I just suffer through it?!

Speak to your ob
Also taking Sudafed is supposed to help

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 4:12 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Hi - don’t have kids yet. Can someone please answer, if you don’t express milk and don’t take pills, do your breasts stay bigger after? What’s the story with that? If also heard that if you breastfeed they get smaller after? Sorry if tmi, would appreciate an answer

Mine never changed in size.
Had IGT and low milk supply Crying

They were always tiny and saggy I wish they were firm

amother
Melon

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 4:14 pm
When I had a stillborn I didn’t take any pills.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 4:16 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
Such an interesting question.
I struggle so much with milk production; I nurse round the clock after birth and it takes forever for milk to come in and it's never enough milk
I wonder what would happen if I didn't attempt at all
I feel like no milk would come

Sounds like me.
As much as I fed, and I fed round the clock almost, I never had enough.
So after 2 kids I decided on formula.
I didn't feel any milk coming in at all.

Years later I was chatting with a friend who had since trained as a lactation consultant. She said it was a shame, was sure if I had gone to a LC I would've been able to feed bc 'there's no such thing as not having enough milk'.
I laughed and said 'look at me. You're seeing such a thing right now!!!'

amother
Oleander

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 4:30 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Sounds like me.
As much as I fed, and I fed round the clock almost, I never had enough.
So after 2 kids I decided on formula.
I didn't feel any milk coming in at all.

Years later I was chatting with a friend who had since trained as a lactation consultant. She said it was a shame, was sure if I had gone to a LC I would've been able to feed bc 'there's no such thing as not having enough milk'.
I laughed and said 'look at me. You're seeing such a thing right now!!!'

I was the same as you, was nursing/pumping/supplement formula feeding my newborns waiting waiting for my supply to increase, had an expert lactation consultant and everything…. Milk never came in. Eventually dropped it. I got smarter after a few kids and didn’t even try, except for giving them colostrum the first day or two. All the lactation constants say “well of course your milk didn’t come in you were supplementing with bottles and you didn’t try hard enough!” But they’re wrong. Some people just don’t have enough supply and need to supplement. Giving one or two formula bottles a day is NOT what was causing my lack of milk. The proof is all the women on this thread who didn’t nurse AT ALL and still at their milk come in, painfully! My mother always said, if you have a healthy supply it will come in even if you’re not nursing around the clock (tho obviously that helps), and she’s right!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 4:39 pm
Sports bra is a must. It saved me pp

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 4:39 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
I was the same as you, was nursing/pumping/supplement formula feeding my newborns waiting waiting for my supply to increase, had an expert lactation consultant and everything…. Milk never came in. Eventually dropped it. I got smarter after a few kids and didn’t even try, except for giving them colostrum the first day or two. All the lactation constants say “well of course your milk didn’t come in you were supplementing with bottles and you didn’t try hard enough!” But they’re wrong. Some people just don’t have enough supply and need to supplement. Giving one or two formula bottles a day is NOT what was causing my lack of milk. The proof is all the women on this thread who didn’t nurse AT ALL and still at their milk come in, painfully! My mother always said, if you have a healthy supply it will come in even if you’re not nursing around the clock (tho obviously that helps), and she’s right!

Lactation consultants are not miracle workers. They can help with positioning, infections and such. But they can't produce milk, that only H-Shem can do!
I always feel sorry for those who are made to feel guilty for stopping nursing bc 'if only they would've tried harder...'
I mean honestly!! Nursing is not a religion!

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 5:56 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Lactation consultants are not miracle workers. They can help with positioning, infections and such. But they can't produce milk, that only H-Shem can do!
I always feel sorry for those who are made to feel guilty for stopping nursing bc 'if only they would've tried harder...'
I mean honestly!! Nursing is not a religion!

I also didnt have nearly enough and had to start supplementing after a few weeks. I dont know why some consultants are such know-it-alls.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding