Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
My tefila was answered with a note on menorah
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

mfb

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 10:23 am
I had forgotten about it and found when took out to polish

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 1:12 am
So this is me publicizing that I stuck a note onto the menorah last year with a few bakashos and bh was answered.

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 12:21 am
I read about this last year, but cynic that I am I didn’t think much about it. As I was cleaning away the menorah I found a paper my husband put in. He asked for me to have twins. Now although we were very much wanting a baby, twins was something I did not want.
Both of us got our requests.
I got pregnant with twins (getting pregnant alone was a very big miracle) but ended up losing one 8 weeks in.
Lesson learned. Be careful what you wish/daven for. And segulos are scary.

Edited to add I have a very beautiful, healthy baby bh bh:)

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 9:42 am
amother Mauve wrote:
Same OP as all other threads. School cutoff, wedding/kiddish, polly pockets....
Same writing style.

False, stop attacking people and randomly saying random threads all belong to one person, especially when you get it wrong, it’s like you’re looking to fight. Yael should really remove this person. There’s no reason why she’s allowing cyber bullying on here. There’s a point where it needs to end.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 10:32 am
When do you put in the note? When lighting the candles zos Chanukah at night or afterwards? Tomorrow morning?

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 10:51 am
My husband put a note under the menorah and we took it out the 3rd night of Chanukah and saw he was not answered....

Suddenly yesterday he was answered!!!!!! Miracles do happen!

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 10:55 am
I am publicizing that my tefila I write on a note on the menorah was answered!!! Bh bh.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 12:38 pm
Does it count if I did it last Chanukah - I wrote that one of my children should get engaged. He did and got married and was divorced a month later?!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 12:41 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Does it count if I did it last Chanukah - I wrote that one of my children should get engaged. He did and got married and was divorced a month later?!

Jokes aside years ago as a single on a tour to Amuka the tour guide (think it was Gershon Kaufman) told us to daven but not too hard cause he knows a guy who davened really hard and was married 3 times the next year..
IY"H your son should be Zoche to find his true zivug at the right time

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 12:42 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:

Be specific!! Happily married by this time next year and settled in their home and pregnant with their first of many perfectly healthy babies who they will be zoche to all bring to Torah, chuppah and maasim tovim. With all the Parnassa to do so comfortably.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 5:10 pm
I learned that one should never ask for anything too specific because you might not realize that exactly what you asked for was not the best thing for you ,or you left out something critical so what you asked for turns out to be not quite what you wanted. I would never ask for my kid to find a shidduch this year, for example. I asked for my kid to find the right person at the right time whenever that might be.

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 5:19 pm
Mine wasn't. And it's okay.
Hashem has a plan; He is not an ATM Machine.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 5:57 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I learned that one should never ask for anything too specific because you might not realize that exactly what you asked for was not the best thing for you ,or you left out something critical so what you asked for turns out to be not quite what you wanted. I would never ask for my kid to find a shidduch this year, for example. I asked for my kid to find the right person at the right time whenever that might be.

Definitely, I forgot to ask for an easy labor and didn’t know what it meant when people daven for not having hard labors. I had the hardest labor for 4 days, including back labor and ended in an emergency c section. Now, when I daven for a healthy baby, I’m planning to daven for an easy labor, along with a succesful vbac iyh. I already am Davening for that and ask others to as well.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 8:53 pm
I realize that I wasn't being fair. I said my tefilla wasn't answered but really I asked for 3 things. One was very general and it was answered, the other one was sort of answered but not how I wanted and the third was not answered. I should be more appreciative. The most important one which was my families well being was answered. Thank you Hashem.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:27 pm
One of my things was answered BH BH
Bezras Hashem the rest will happen at the right time

Lizzie4

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:41 pm
My Tefillah was answered. I asked for a closer connection with family and friends, and I got it, B"H. Thank You Hashem!

hodeez

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:52 pm
Most of my tefilot from last year were answered. I just wrote another one

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:55 pm
hodeez wrote:
Most of my tefilot from last year were answered. I just wrote another one

What do you do with it?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:57 pm
My only request is the complete revelation of Hashem's sovereignty through the Melech haMoshiach and the Beis Hamikdosh

amother
Poppy

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 12:28 am
I’m publicizing that I made 2 requests on the note I left on the menorah last year and both were answered. Thank you Hashem!
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics