Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
NEW Update: Yochanan Meir ben Shira Yisraela
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10 11  12  13  Next

amother
Tulip

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 4:19 am
Mazel tov!
Just came accross your thread for the first time and see that your first post was the day my preemie went into hospital for her second heart surgery.
She's bH doing amazing now.
If your baby does end up having to come home tube feeding don't worry about it. It's really not such a big deal. My baby tube fed for 7 months.

boysrus

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 9:47 am
mazal tov! have been davening for him all along and will continue to do so with his new name. He should be healthy and strong ad meah v'esrim!!!

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 9:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you all so much 💛💛💛

Is it crazy that I’m worried about whether he will have attachment issues from not being home with us for his first few/several months?

You’re not crazy for worrying about this. It’s so challenging but try to be with him the NICU as much as possible and do as much holding and skin to skin as you can when you are there. You are amazing holding on with a baby in NICU for so long. Mazel tov on his bris, such a beautiful name.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 2:16 pm
Thinking of your baby.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 2:51 pm
Mazel Tov!!!! We are davening and awaiting more positive updates soon IYH!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:49 pm
Thank you, ladies! BH the MRI came back fine, we are mainly focusing on feeding issues right now. Hoping to avoid him needing a G-tube, but it may end up being our best option.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:58 pm
amother Broom wrote:
You’re not crazy for worrying about this. It’s so challenging but try to be with him the NICU as much as possible and do as much holding and skin to skin as you can when you are there. You are amazing holding on with a baby in NICU for so long. Mazel tov on his bris, such a beautiful name.

I also worried about attatchment issues with my NICU baby. I couldn't nurse, and even when he came home he was being fed via a feeding pump which was frequently done by a nurse.

But BH I have an extremly close relationship with him, think even closer then some of my others. All you can do is your best...and to H-shem leave the rest!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:08 pm
OP, have you gotten a diagnosis yet?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:23 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
OP, have you gotten a diagnosis yet?

Their best guess is MIS-N - multisystemic inflammatory syndrome in neonates.

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

How do they treat that?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:28 pm
amother OP wrote:

If you would be willing to email or PM me, I may have a lead for you. If you want, let me know and I'll post under my screen name or an anonymous email.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:30 pm
amother Apple wrote:
How do they treat that?

Steroids and anti-inflammatories. BH his inflammation is mostly gone now, so we are working on feeding skills. So grateful that he is so much healthier now 🥰

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:14 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
If you would be willing to email or PM me, I may have a lead for you. If you want, let me know and I'll post under my screen name or an anonymous email.

Thank you so much, if you want to post an anonymous email address that would be great. Thank you!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much, if you want to post an anonymous email address that would be great. Thank you!

Got it

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you, ladies! BH the MRI came back fine, we are mainly focusing on feeding issues right now. Hoping to avoid him needing a G-tube, but it may end up being our best option.

B’H! That’s great news!

Re gtube- if it comes to that, just give a shout and happy to be of assistance if needed.

(For us it was the best decision and so so much easier than dealing with an NG tube)

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 12:35 am
amother OP wrote:
UPDATE: BH BH Little Birdie was cleared for a brief “leave of absence” from the hospital, so he could have his bris! He will still be hospitalized for the next several weeks for feeding and other issues, but chasdei Hashem both the mohel and medical team declared him healthy enough for a bris.

Please continue to daven for a refuah sheleimah for Yochanan Meir ben Shira Yisraela b’karov so he can come home (hopefully without needing additional surgeries)!

Mazel Tov on the bris!!!

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:01 am
Mazel Tov!!!!
Much nachas!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 1:59 pm
Happy 4-month birthday tonight, sweet little Yochanan, עמו״ש. We hope and daven that you will be able to come home ASAP bezH. Have a good Shabbos Little Birdie. 🐥💗

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 2:10 pm
Had him in mind when I made challah

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 2:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Happy 4-month birthday tonight, sweet little Yochanan, עמו״ש. We hope and daven that you will be able to come home ASAP bezH. Have a good Shabbos Little Birdie. 🐥💗

Amen!!!
Page 10 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 9  10 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed