Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Ahavas yisrael thread.as a zechus for Israel.
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 12:15 pm
Thank you babypink amother. I couldnt figure out how to do it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:37 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
A family member posted this amazingness going on:

https://I.imgur.com/IyljviC.jpg
C:\fakepath\20231009_183912.jpg

Thank you for responding!
Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:38 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
I went to a shul for simchas torah where chassidish and litvish were dancing together so beautifully
It was so special and I'm glad I got to experience it

I feel we are such a special nation. We have a chesed organization for everything, we have a gemach for everything, we love each other and feel each other's pain

Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:40 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
Reposting for those who can’t see links

Thanks for helping!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:43 pm
Highstrung wrote:
I think it’s amazing that my DS was called up by a stranger asking him to join them upstate in their remote area to be the 10th man of their minyan so that they could celebrate Yom Tov with a minyan. I love that he said yes even though he had no clue what kind of experience it would be . He went and had an amazing time with 9 other folks from random places who all came together for one common cause , to make a minyan to daven and to dance with the torah. He also met a Ger Tzedek there who spoke to him for hours , who just moved to that area and that man asked that my DS come there more often to visit . Yidden from all over , each filling each other up with chiyus and simchas Yom Tov . I think it’s so special that in klal yisroel strangers help strangers no matter their looks , their affiliation , their type. They are eager to help another Yid.

Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:45 pm
relaxation wrote:
There are amazing organizations to make sure people have food in hospitals

When a tradgedy strikes chv everyone gathers to help the effected. Just look at amount everone is doing. There is a plane that will depart wed from here carrying food and essentials for the soldiers.
I am part of a whatsapp group and tehilim is being finished over and over (probably the 20th time since last night)
Everyone is davening . Everyone feels connected.

Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 5:29 pm

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 5:57 pm
amother Babypink wrote:

Tizku lmitzvos!!!
The tzitzis one is really amazing for the emuna alone.

faigie

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 7:55 pm
Hungarian cooking!!
PS.. what’s the best Haimish cookbook?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 8:40 pm
faigie wrote:
Hungarian cooking!!
PS.. what’s the best Haimish cookbook?

Smile Thank you for responding!
Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 8:40 pm
I (JPF) work frequently with chassidishe families in Boro Park and bring along my nonJewish graduate student interns. Without fail, the families in BP make a gigantic kiddush Hashem with the kindness and gratitude they show to the student therapists. It makes me so proud to know that these students will have positive associations with frum Jews because of these lovely families -- who also are so incredibly welcoming to me, too!

I'm thinking of two Modern Orthodox rabbis I know who talk the talk AND walk the walk that all people are created b'tzelem Elokim and the world is such a better place for it. They are true tzadikim.

So many Jewish families of all stripes in E"Y are sending their loved ones into combat on behalf of us all, and I cannot imagine their sacrifice.

Sometimes shopkeepers are busy or impatient, but a Satmar woman working the shop where I stopped to buy tights today stopped to have such a kind conversation with me and gave me so much chizzuk in this sad time.

I saw a young chassidishe bochur come into a bakery and greet the nonJewish counter staff with such politeness. It was clear he frequents the bakery and has a nice relationship with the staff, speaking to them in a friendly and respectful way. I hope my own son grows up to be such a mensch!

There is good all around. Thank you for starting this thread and encouraging us to look for it and share it. We are all one family.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:38 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
I (JPF) work frequently with chassidishe families in Boro Park and bring along my nonJewish graduate student interns. Without fail, the families in BP make a gigantic kiddush Hashem with the kindness and gratitude they show to the student therapists. It makes me so proud to know that these students will have positive associations with frum Jews because of these lovely families -- who also are so incredibly welcoming to me, too!

I'm thinking of two Modern Orthodox rabbis I know who talk the talk AND walk the walk that all people are created b'tzelem Elokim and the world is such a better place for it. They are true tzadikim.

So many Jewish families of all stripes in E"Y are sending their loved ones into combat on behalf of us all, and I cannot imagine their sacrifice.

Sometimes shopkeepers are busy or impatient, but a Satmar woman working the shop where I stopped to buy tights today stopped to have such a kind conversation with me and gave me so much chizzuk in this sad time.

I saw a young chassidishe bochur come into a bakery and greet the nonJewish counter staff with such politeness. It was clear he frequents the bakery and has a nice relationship with the staff, speaking to them in a friendly and respectful way. I hope my own son grows up to be such a mensch!

There is good all around. Thank you for starting this thread and encouraging us to look for it and share it. We are all one family.

Tizku lmitzvos!!!
Yes that was the point of this thread.
Sometimes we get so caught up in the little things they do this at home they wear this they look like this when In reality we should be saying that lady with the turban uncovered hair television smartphone ... Their all my sisters and they are so amazing!
I saw an interview with mayim bialik and she was talking about divorce. She was talking about her kesuba and how it was a marriage contract with not only her husband but God as well and that was the hardest part of her divorce.
I was amazed at her connection with hashem and her Jewish pride.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 10:45 pm
I find the chabad so amazing that they'll let anyone come to their chabad house even if it's someone who doesn't hold of chabad.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 11:18 pm
Coffee beanz wrote:
Although it is a long and bitter golus we are still trying and hanging on to our heritage. Including non religious Jews who are often vocal activists for Israel especially on college campuses.

Your post brought tears to my eyes. All Jews are amazing. No matter what type of Jew you consider yourself- WE ALL WANT MOSHIACH NOW, Even though we have been thrown here and there, tortured and killed for our religion, have had to rebuild and rebuild and watch the non jews destroy and destroy- We stand up, wipe the dust off our clothes and remain loyal Jews (every one of us!!). Hashem see how loyal we are to you, each in our own way. We are still Am Echad. WE are still looking hopefully for your salvation. We thank you daily for all the good you give us and will continue to do so. We thank you for the protection you provide. We accept humbly the horrible situation we are in and pray you turn things around. Now, please....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 12:42 am
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
Your post brought tears to my eyes. All Jews are amazing. No matter what type of Jew you consider yourself- WE ALL WANT MOSHIACH NOW, Even though we have been thrown here and there, tortured and killed for our religion, have had to rebuild and rebuild and watch the non jews destroy and destroy- We stand up, wipe the dust off our clothes and remain loyal Jews (every one of us!!). Hashem see how loyal we are to you, each in our own way. We are still Am Echad. WE are still looking hopefully for your salvation. We thank you daily for all the good you give us and will continue to do so. We thank you for the protection you provide. We accept humbly the horrible situation we are in and pray you turn things around. Now, please....

Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 6:45 pm
The donations aren't stopping for even one minute...!!!! Warms my heart to watch the numbers go up!

https://www.charidy.com/earlyshabbos

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 8:32 pm
Thank you to all the kindhearted bachurim who help with my special son

yachnabobba

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 8:36 pm
EstyEF wrote:
Women in tichel look beautiful .
Women in Sheitels look beautiful.
You, yes You! look beautiful.

Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 13 2023, 12:31 am
amother Opal wrote:
The donations aren't stopping for even one minute...!!!! Warms my heart to watch the numbers go up!

https://www.charidy.com/earlyshabbos

Tizku lmitzvos!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 13 2023, 12:32 am
amother Mustard wrote:
Thank you to all the kindhearted bachurim who help with my special son

Thank you for responding!!
Tizku lmitzvos!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed