Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
When do you vaccinate your infant?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:27 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
There are many many side effects that people don’t realize are side effects. Like asthma, or allergies. Scientifically there was a study done by independent scientists (obviously not the govt!!) and kids who are vaccinated, had a lot more ear infections and fluid amongst other things that people don’t realize are essentially an effect.

Doesn't really address my question.

If I'm a new mom and my gut tells me to vaccinate my kid - will my kid be okay, or do I have an unreliable gut.

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Doesn't really address my question.

If I'm a new mom and my gut tells me to vaccinate my kid - will my kid be okay, or do I have an unreliable gut.

I would think it can. Following your gut doesn’t meant we get perfect outcomes, it means we do what we think is best for us in the moment with the information we have.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:37 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
I would think it can. Following your gut doesn’t meant we get perfect outcomes, it means we do what we think is best for us in the moment with the information we have.

Ha. I thought following your gut wasn't about information at all, rather intuition. Like OPs feeling that vaccinating a 2 month old is harmful.

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:40 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Ha. I thought following your gut wasn't about information at all, rather intuition. Like OPs feeling that vaccinating a 2 month old is harmful.

That’s true.. for me personally I think gut is impacted subconsciously by information but obviously I could be wrong.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:41 pm
Wait until you feel comfortable

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:43 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
That’s true.. for me personally I think gut is impacted subconsciously by information but obviously I could be wrong.

I tend to agree with you - which means "gut instincts" about vaccination really aren't reliable.

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:45 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
I tend to agree with you - which means "gut instincts" about vaccination really aren't reliable.

Which would mean gut instinct isn’t reliable anywhere in our lives. But it’s the right thing to do because we feel at peace when we do follow our guts.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:45 pm
Op here.
I’m reading all the replies.
I’m just reiterating, I DO want to vaccinate my child. My question is just when.
I feel like waiting a little bit bit I’m afraid of public crowded places.
My pediatrician says 8 weeks or 8 months is no difference.

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Op here.
I’m just reiterating, I DO want to vaccinate my child. My question is just when.

Isn’t it though? How could it not be? Would you compare your baby at 8 weeks and 8 months and say ‘oh this child is completely the same?’ Makes no sense at all. Children grow physically and emotionally. Which means their immune system is growing with them.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:50 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
Which would mean gut instinct isn’t reliable anywhere in our lives. But it’s the right thing to do because we feel at peace when we do follow our guts.

Right - but only women who feel concerned about vaccines are told to follow their guts (regardless of what information they are absorbing).

Gut instincts are super useful when we are observing people and their behaviors.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:51 pm
I’m pro vaccines and I gave my baby everything on schedule at 2 months she got so sick it brought her immune system down and she got sick again and again for the next 2 months. I will continue to give her but on a more spread out schedule

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Op here.

Does it make sense to you that an 8 week old and an 8 month old have the same ability to deal with the virus(es)/antigen(s) that is/are in the vaccine? The same ability to deal with all other ingredients that are in the vaccine?

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:53 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Right - but only women who feel concerned about vaccines are told to follow their guts (regardless of what information they are absorbing).

Gut instincts are super useful when we are observing people and their behaviors.

As opposed to?

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:53 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
Isn’t it though? How could it not be? Would you compare your baby at 8 weeks and 8 months and say ‘oh this child is completely the same?’ Makes no sense at all. Children grow physically and emotionally. Which means their immune system is growing with them.

The MD's position is that the immune system at 8 weeks is just as equipped to hand the vaccination as it would at 8 months.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:55 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
As opposed to?

Not sure what you are asking me.

My neighbor told me her gut tells her that following the vaccine schedule is they way to go. Would someone opposed to vaccination, be like "yup - you go girl"?

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:58 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Not sure what you are asking me.

My neighbor told me her gut tells her that following the vaccine schedule is they way to go. Would someone opposed to vaccination, be like "yup - you go girl"?

I do not vaccinate. I would never tell anyone not to. You do you and let me do me. If you’re asking me my opinion I will give it to you.

Just like with everything else in life…

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:01 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
I do not vaccinate. I would never tell anyone not to. You do you and let me do me. If you’re asking me my opinion I will give it to you.

Just like with everything else in life…

I'm not asking. Just not understanding why people (not you) but people who advocate against vaccination use "trust your gut" as a part of their arsenal, because it goes both ways. (Though, you also suggested that OP follow her gut).

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Op here.

If you want to vaccinate but you are nervous maybe do one at a time. An old time doctor recommended this with my first and I did it with all my kids. It's annoying to go back to the doc repeatedly but I felt better only giving one at a time especially to such a tiny baby.

Not really relevant, but my feelings on vaccines have changed a lot since covid, and I wouldn't necessarily feel the need to vaccinate such a young baby with every vaccine that the cdc recommends.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:19 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:

It's not about intuition.

It is studying the arguments on
both sides And making an informed decision instead of Blindly obeying doctors who are
Blindly obeying the government.

The government that accepts millions in bribes from the pharmaceutical industry.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:29 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
The MD's position is that the immune system at 8 weeks is just as equipped to hand the vaccination as it would at 8 months.

But not as equipped as an 8 month old to deal with external viruses? How does that work?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics