Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to avoid vaccinating my baby until school
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next

Imabubby60

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Nope not in ny unfortunately

If I could go back in time, I would home school and have a healthy family. I used to think people were nuts that did this, but I've learned differently since. Hatzlocha.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:39 pm
Imabubby60 wrote:
If I could go back in time, I would home school and have a healthy family. I used to think people were nuts that did this, but I've learned differently since. Hatzlocha.

It IS possible to be vaccinated AND be healthy. The two are not mutually exclusive.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:44 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Just as an FYI, I didn't read entire thread but want to share the following. I'm quite pro vaax, but recently I was exposed to chicken pox while pregnant in 3rd trimester. Quickly called my OB To find out what I should do and what risks r involved. She told me to call my childhood pediatrician and check if I was vaccinated or if I had chicken pox. So I asked what's the difference, she said if I had chicken pox then I'm covered regardless. And If I got the vaccine , chances r I'm not immune.
This really opened my eyes. All my kids got the chicken pox vaccine and I'm quite disappointed now. I wish I could have given them the real immunity.

FYI - this is a tradeoff. If you do have real immunity, you are much more susceptible to shingles later in life. So it a tradeoff between maintaining artificial immunity, or risking shingles later.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:49 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
Geez. Are you crazy? You definitely don't lie about anything if your child is in the ER. What horrible advice.

Agree. It can cause even more harm to her own child. Doctors originally check for more likely causes. Imagine if the child does have measles or polio, and the child is assumed to be vaccinated. They won't check for this immediately, and the crucial treatment window may have passed

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:53 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
True Becuase of the way the immune system works in babies, their titers/immunity goes down fast, doesn't hold. And so at 2 they need those boosters almost just as much as the non vaccinated need their first set....

Do you know why you can get away with not vaxxing babies for these diseases? It is only because the rest of society does. This limits the circulation of these dangerous diseases.

Imagine now the rest of the society does the same as you, and we have fewer and fewer people vaxxing? These dangerous diseases will resurface and it will be these vulnerable babies who will be most impacted.

Your thought process is only feeding off the very success of the system you're villifying. You're first in line to selfishly take its benefit, while refusing to contribute to it so that future generations can enjoy its benefits too.

Imabubby60

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:02 pm
amother Aster wrote:
Do you know why you can get away with not vaxxing babies for these diseases? It is only because the rest of society does. This limits the circulation of these dangerous diseases.

Imagine now the rest of the society does the same as you, and we have fewer and fewer people vaxxing? These dangerous diseases will resurface and it will be these vulnerable babies who will be most impacted.

Your thought process is only feeding off the very success of the system you're villifying. You're first in line to selfishly take its benefit, while refusing to contribute to it so that future generations can enjoy its benefits too.

If you want to learn the answer to the question of childhood vaccine safety, from a properly referenced source, this book explains thoroughly:
https://a.co/d/9mLOMm2

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:08 pm
amother Aster wrote:
Agree. It can cause even more harm to her own child. Doctors originally check for more likely causes. Imagine if the child does have measles or polio, and the child is assumed to be vaccinated. They won't check for this immediately, and the crucial treatment window may have passed

Isn't that a problem? I mean, vaccination isn't 100% foolproof for every child, so if they're suspecting any of those diseases, they should test for them instead of making assumptions.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:15 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Isn't that a problem? I mean, vaccination isn't 100% foolproof for every child, so if they're suspecting any of those diseases, they should test for them instead of making assumptions.

They can't check for everything at once. So they start off with the ones more likely and they work their way down from there. An unvaccinated baby is at a higher risk, but if the doctor is unaware they wouldn't rank the possibility appropriately. If the doctor is aware that the baby is unactivated, they would check earlier.

GLUE

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:26 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:

Most babies born in NY and other states get tested at birth for a bunch of illness. (I never looked up the complete list so don't ask me what they are)
There was a case in the 1990's of a baby that came to the ER and was very sick, the resident thought it might be illness X, but the DR. on call pointed out that the parents would know about it because they test this illness at birth.
Well it turned out the the parents thought this testing was a Government conspiracy of some thought so they oped out of testing.
The baby ended up dying because nobody in the hospital dreamed that parents would do such a thing.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:10 pm
amother Aster wrote:

You are admitting vaccines don't work if you are afraid of unvaccinated kids.

Most unvax parents don't fear many of these diseases and deliberately expose their children to measles, mumps and chicken pox to give their children REAL lifelong immunity.

If mothers had the disease, they pass their antibodies to babies in pregnancy and nursing but vaxxed mothers have much fewer antibodies so can't protect their babies.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:15 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Most unvax parents don't fear many of these diseases and deliberately expose their children to measles, mumps and chicken pox to give their children REAL lifelong immunity.

If mothers had the disease, they pass their antibodies to babies in pregnancy and nursing but vaxxed mothers have much fewer antibodies so can't protect their babies.

No, what we are saying is that the vaccination approach is built upon the concept of herd immunity.

So such comments as your post are misleading at best or trying to redirect the guilty subconscious. Vaccines aren't foolproof and herd immunity is critical to its success. If you destroy herd immunity, you are essentially destroying the vaccination system for everyone.

Imabubby60

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:51 pm
amother Aster wrote:
No, what we are saying is that the vaccination approach is built upon the concept of herd immunity.

So such comments as your post are misleading at best or trying to redirect the guilty subconscious. Vaccines aren't foolproof and herd immunity is critical to its success. If you destroy herd immunity, you are essentially destroying the vaccination system for everyone.

I hope you'll read this book and have a wider perspective:
https://a.co/d/gPl1IVh

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:55 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

I had chicken pox but still wasn’t immune within a year.
Complete Confidence whether one is vaccinated or actually had the disease is misplaced and misleading.

Trademark

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:59 pm
amother Aster wrote:

Exactly plus there's always small babies or the immunocompromised who can't be vaccinated.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:09 pm
Imabubby60 wrote:

Curious why you think I don't have a wider perspective or have very limited info in this field. Is it perhaps because my view disagrees with yours and anyone who thinks differently must be naive or uneducated?

FTR, I probably have more knowledge in the field than most posters here. I don't have issues with people having different perspectives on the topic. Personally, I find that people who are unabashedly sure of themselves, and think that everyone else is lacking, are those who have limited info themselves. People who actually have extensive knowledge recognize that there are many unknowns in most medical science. We elect to move ahead with the information we have now, that's the best we can do.

There is a famous quote 'the more you know, the more you realize you don't know. And that creates a certain humbleness in you. People who are arrogant with their knowledge, is usually because their knowledge is limited.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:15 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Actually, if mothers had the diseases during pregnancy, in many cases the pregnancy would be over. Or the kids would be born with tremendous issues. Or the nursing baby would get life threatening complications and possibly die.
I’d take a vaccine any day than have those scenarios happen!

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:18 pm
Imabubby60 wrote:

And I hope you’ll read this about turtles all the way down.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.o.....down/

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:18 pm
amother Aster wrote:
Curious why you think I don't have a wider perspective or have very limited info in this field. Is it perhaps because my view disagrees with yours and anyone who thinks differently must be naive or uneducated?

FTR, I probably have more knowledge in the field than most posters here. I don't have issues with people having different perspectives on the topic. Personally, I find that people who are unabashedly sure of themselves, and think that everyone else is lacking, are those who have limited info themselves. People who actually have extensive knowledge recognize that there are many unknowns in most medical science. We elect to move ahead with the information we have now, that's the best we can do.

There is a famous quote 'the more you know, the more you realize you don't know. And that creates a certain humbleness in you. People who are arrogant with their knowledge, is usually because their knowledge is limited.

I agree with you. And the more you learn, the more you see how there is no obvious answer.

As the parent of a vaccine injured child, I know that what you don't know can hurt you. I will not consider vaccinating my other children. I wish I had known when my eldest was young what I know now.

And as I learn from life, I see that there is no one right answer for everyone. People have to make judgments about what is best for them and their families. What choices they're willing to make and which trade-offs and risks they're willing to handle.

The older I get the less I give advice. Sometimes people have to make their own choices with the best knowledge they can find. There is no one size fits all path in life

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:24 pm
amother Aster wrote:

Read this article on why vaccines cannot achieve herd immunity but natural immunity CAN achieve herd immunity.

https://www.wakingtimes.com/wh.....-hoax

Summary, vaccines can't achieve herd immunity because the immunity wears off in around 10 years, plus vaccines don't work at all about 7%.

That is Why there are still measles outbreaks even in populations that are 95% vaccinated.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:37 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
I agree with you. And the more you learn, the more you see how there is no obvious answer.

As the parent of a vaccine injured child, I know that what you don't know can hurt you. I will not consider vaccinating my other children. I wish I had known when my eldest was young what I know now.

And as I learn from life, I see that there is no one right answer for everyone. People have to make judgments about what is best for them and their families. What choices they're willing to make and which trade-offs and risks they're willing to handle.

The older I get the less I give advice. Sometimes people have to make their own choices with the best knowledge they can find. There is no one size fits all path in life

Agree with you. There is no one answer that fits everyone. But there is a general answer that works for the majority. If one falls outside of that majority, they need to find an answer that works for their situation.

And you hit the nail on the head - the issue is not about selecting an individual path. Its all about the faulty advice that self-professed experts try to push onto others. They adopt a strong belief and they make that out to be the truth for everyone else. And the method they use to rationalize it for themselves is to get others to jump on the bandwagon. The more numbers they have, the more comfortable they are with their decision.

People like you are the ones doing it the right way. You recognize that you can't follow the majority approach, and you recognize that your approach may not be the right one for others. You correctly withhold advising people, because you don't know their unique situation, nor do you have enough knowledge to advise them about it. I admire you for your mature, and intelligent way of handling this.
Page 12 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics