Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to avoid vaccinating my baby until school
  Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 2:31 pm
You need to be caught up before school starts so you need to start way before if you still want to space them out. Just keep that in mind.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 2:39 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
You need to be caught up before school starts so you need to start way before if you still want to space them out. Just keep that in mind.

If you start on a delayed schedule, you don't need all vaccines. Many are only given before age 1.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 2:40 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
If you start on a delayed schedule, you don't need all vaccines. Many are only given before age 1.

This
At 2-1/2 it’s usually two shots (each containing multiple vaccines) and they’re all caught up

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 2:48 pm
Just choose any Dr and then when they offer the vaccine just say not this visit some will kick you out right away and some will understand and let you keep pushing it off.
Also, if you are doing catch up you need to leave yourself about a year. If you want to give one or two at a time and space then about 2 or 3 months apart. I wouldn't recommend giving the ones that have multiple shots in one except the dtap and the MMR that you can't separate here anyway. It's a lot of visits not just 2 visits as the above poster stated. As far as I remember, There's 3 hep b, 3 or 4 dtap, 2 varicella, 2 MMR, 2 polio, and one more maybe hib or pneumococcal? Also flu for the nursery- kindergarten years if you are sending to a legal place

giftedmom

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 2:51 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Just choose any Dr and then when they offer the vaccine just say not this visit some will kick you out right away and some will understand and let you keep pushing it off.
Also, if you are doing catch up you need to leave yourself about a year. If you want to give one or two at a time and space then about 2 or 3 months apart. I wouldn't recommend giving the ones that have multiple shots in one except the dtap and the MMR that you can't separate here anyway. It's a lot of visits not just 2 visits as the above poster stated. As far as I remember, There's 3 hep b, 3 or 4 dtap, 2 varicella, 2 MMR, 2 polio, and one more maybe hib or pneumococcal? Also flu for the nursery- kindergarten years if you are sending to a legal place

You don’t need all of that to be caught up for school. And pretty sure some of that is never given once they’re that age.

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 2:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m not anti vax. I just prefer to wait until it’s time for school and it’s mandated. Problem is there are no drs in my area that allow this. Any idea how to get around this? I still want a dr for sick visits etc. I live in far rockaway is anyone is wondering but I feel like this is prob an issue with most pediatricians

I applaud your efforts and hope you find someone who can help. It isn't easy. And the other problem is that schools want your kids up to date, so if you wait they are going to likely demand you get them caught up fast, so now you are in a situation where you have to give a lot of shots all at once or at least very close together. Also not so great.

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:04 pm
I just start at age two. Spread it till age 3 and they’re all caught up. Many doses aren’t relevant or required after 2.
We Hardly ever see the pediatrician till then but if I do and they bring up vaccines I tell them I’ll do it at the next visit and they leave me alone.

for this who are pro vaccinating tiny babies and claim that pediatricians know more than you, can your ped answer any of these questions?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv.....kZg==

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:14 pm
When my Dr was asked he said he needs to vaccinate or he won't be paid
Great reason to give...

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:14 pm
There are non-vax friendly pediatricians in every area most just don't advertise it. You need to find like-minded people and ask them who they use. Fb has some crunchy mom groups, or maybe new Yorkers for vaccine choice, or ask Rita Palma.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:16 pm
I live in 5 towns. I’m on my third pediatrician because the first 2 told me I wasn’t welcome since I wasn’t vaccinating on their schedule. I have yet to find one in the area. The practice I currently use allows me to skip a few of the “non essentials” and space a little but not delay until 2/3 years old.

saltandvinegar

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Far rockaway.

Good luck finding anyone in FR/5T. Found a ped now thats more old schooled and doesnt ever mention vaccines to me, but hes not in FR. About 40 minutes away. I dont even do well visits. You can PM me if you want info.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m not anti vax. I just prefer to wait until it’s time for school and it’s mandated. Problem is there are no drs in my area that allow this. Any idea how to get around this? I still want a dr for sick visits etc. I live in far rockaway is anyone is wondering but I feel like this is prob an issue with most pediatricians
Similar problem here. But I'm not in NY.

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:32 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
When my Dr was asked he said he needs to vaccinate or he won't be paid
Great reason to give...

Reminds me of all the reasons people gave as to why they were/you should be vaccinated for Covid.
To be able to go to museums, restaurants, or bars. To be able to go to work. Etc. Not one of them said to be protected from Covid.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:37 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Pediatricians are out to make money. So they follow whatever protocol will bring them the most money.
It is very important for parents to be well informed instead of following blindly.

Ok. I never comment on the pros and cons of vaccines because 1) nobody's mind will change from my internet post 2) this is supposed to be a safe haven, so although I strongly disagree, I don't pipe up here.

Here's the deal. I'm a pediatric nurse practitioner. Pediatricans DO NOT MAKE MONEY OFF VACCINES. Like, at all. They offer them because they care and they believe in the product.

While at my practice we do allow people to vaccinate on an alternative schedule, I don't reccomend it. I do my best to have an open, non-judgemental conversation with parents and let them make an informed decision as to which schedule they prefer. If they don't comply with the bare minimum of vaccines I do ask them kindly to leave the practice since I believe that it places other children at risk.

It's really very frustrating when a parent is not honest about their intentions with vaccines and use the line "I'm not vaccinating at this visit" It causes a breach in trust. People do this all the time thinking they will "get away with it" and the quality of care suffers. Please find a medical professional that you trust and be honest with them, whatever your philosophy may be.

Let me repeat it again: PEDIATRICIANS DO NOT MAKE MONEY OFF VACCINES.

(And in general, pediatrics is a very low-paying field for the amount of work and schooling that goes into it. The vast majority of people do this because we care.)

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:44 pm
amother Silver wrote:

(And in general, pediatrics is a very low-paying field for the amount of work and schooling that goes into it. The vast majority of people do this because we care.)

Mine said he does!
Don't know where in the world you work Confused
My dr is a nice person, I didn't say he doesn't care
But he doesn't research or give vaccines selflessly

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:56 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Ok. I never comment on the pros and cons of vaccines because 1) nobody's mind will change from my internet post 2) this is supposed to be a safe haven, so although I strongly disagree, I don't pipe up here.

Here's the deal. I'm a pediatric nurse practitioner. Pediatricans DO NOT MAKE MONEY OFF VACCINES. Like, at all. They offer them because they care and they believe in the product.

While at my practice we do allow people to vaccinate on an alternative schedule, I don't reccomend it. I do my best to have an open, non-judgemental conversation with parents and let them make an informed decision as to which schedule they prefer. If they don't comply with the bare minimum of vaccines I do ask them kindly to leave the practice since I believe that it places other children at risk.

It's really very frustrating when a parent is not honest about their intentions with vaccines and use the line "I'm not vaccinating at this visit" It causes a breach in trust. People do this all the time thinking they will "get away with it" and the quality of care suffers. Please find a medical professional that you trust and be honest with them, whatever your philosophy may be.

If the quality of care suffers because a parent refuses an injection then how good is your care to begin with

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 4:25 pm
Slightly off topic, but if you rub Emla creme on the injection site 40 minutes before, there will not be pain. Needs a prescription, so ask your doctor

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 4:26 pm
amother Smokey wrote:

Or you need to show that you have already started catching up.
It’s been discussed here many times, most of the pediatricians that the 5T/FR communities use do not allow delaying. I’ve been missing well visits, although it really hasn’t been on purpose.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 4:50 pm
giftedmom wrote:
You don’t need all of that to be caught up for school. And pretty sure some of that is never given once they’re that age.

In NY you do
There's one you don't need to give after 12 months and maybe 2 of the boosters for others you can skip. It's still around a dozen shots you need. Why don't you look up the schedule and catch up schedule for a 5 year old in NY

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 4:52 pm
The later they're given the less chance of injury
Page 2 of 13   Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next Recent Topics